Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Vac-Metalizing In MOTUC a Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Vac-Metalicizing is bad because it chips and flakes like crazy. I think MOTUC should stay far away from it. Besides, why Vac-Metalicize now? It isn't consistent with the other gold wearing characters.
    This sums it up perfectly for me.

I've never been in favor of doing something just cause it's an homage to the original (or because of nostalgia ), and the needless, not-functioning "dial" on the back is bad enough.

Vac metal looks awesome, but I live in fear of my Transformers Transmetal Beast Wars figures flaking. I've already lost Rampage, Cheetor and Fox Kids Rattrap

If Mattel can be sure that this wouldn't happen then go fir it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Vac metalized parts only chip if they are done poorly; I have a Cyborg from the 80's Super Powers line that is still fine, but some of the Super Amigo versions from south of the border started chiping in the package because they were cheaply made. I've got Micronauts from the 70's whose metalized plastic parts are still fine.

But Mattel has proven beyond any doubt they will do anything as cheaply as possible, as they did with not-a-bath-toy Moss Man. That said, you can almost guarantee that the gold on Hordikins will flake if you breath on it.

I would like Hordak's armor metalized, like the old one (which, by the way, is also flake free). But I don't trust Mattel to do it correctly.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Whatever I want they ussualy do the oposite soo00 I guess they gonig to use vac-metalizing.

I personally don't care whether HH is vac metalized but Entrapta won't be Entrapta without the Gold metal, after all she is a golden beauty???

I'm going to keep an open mind. I personally felt HH looked flat and boring aside from the arm. He desperately needs something like vac metal to spruce him up.

He has a freaking rotor for an arm...I mean c'mon guys, does he really need a dial growing out of his back or vat-metaliZING!! to look unique when he has a freaking rotor for an arm???

to quote Rihanna "naa naa naa C'mon!!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm going to keep an open mind. I personally felt HH looked flat and boring aside from the arm. He desperately needs something like vac metal to spruce him up.
    You know what company produces him?

I don't think, they can handle this well, I expect them to take the cheapest method to vac-metalize him and I see how many of us will go crazy seeing the first chipping on him after a few weeks...

I'd rather have the vac-metalics. But I can live without them. However since there are companies (and we've seen the outcomes here) that will vac-metal things for you, I've considered doing that.

I just may, when I have enough things to metalize.

But for now the non-vac is fine. As has been said, I'd basically rather none of them have it since the ones that should have had it so far have not, and I'd want them to be consistant.

Since I more than likely won't take him out of his package I say go ahead. That was 20 years ago, it might look better in modern times with modern tech. I like for Mattel to try new stuff, and if it fails, we know not to do it again, like the plastic used on the Goddess.

If it's a hit, maybe the Horsemen can find others ways to bring it into the line, without over killing it.

I agree, ESPECIALLY since he doesn't actually have his classic spinning gimmic.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I'm glad Hurricane Hordak is getting the vac-metal treatment. It gives me hope that Flying Fists He-Man will get it too. FF He-Man would be dull if his armor was just painted silver.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

C'mon.... there is a great line using Vac-Metalizing : Myth Cloth Saint Seiya...

And Figures are AWESOME!!!! I'm totally pro for such paint....

That is pretty sweet.

How about a vac metal Hero rerelease where everything metal is vac metalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    That is pretty sweet.

How about a vac metal Hero rerelease where everything metal is vac metalized?
    ^This. Now that HH is going to have vac metal, He-Ro will look funny without it. Wonder why Mattel didn't give it to him originally, since the prototype had it.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    C'mon.... there is a great line using Vac-Metalizing : Myth Cloth Saint Seiya...

And Figures are AWESOME!!!! I'm totally pro for such paint....
    Oooooo....pretty. I have a Bandai "Knights of the Zodiac" 8 inch Dragon figure and he looks really cool vac-metalized in green. I think he might be flaking though. I can't remember where I put him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    ^This. Now that HH is going to have vac metal, He-Ro will look funny without it. Wonder why Mattel didn't give it to him originally, since the prototype had it.
    I'm guessing it's probably cost related.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Since it's a collectors line, it's good because we won't be bashing our toys and if we do, we are aware ahead of time what that can do. The same can be said about flocking. I've read the argument that if you flock Mossman, you can't play with him in your bathtub, well why would you? And if you do, you'd be aware of the risk.
    You haven't lived until you've bathed with Mossman! Just sayin'...

I have to say that I'm not that worried about HH, personally. I won't be taking him out of the package so he should hold up just fine.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    He-Ro's armor isn't polished? Maybe that's why it's flat?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Are any of you willing to say that Matty is going to do a quality job with Vac-metalizing? I'm more inclined to think they are going to go with the cheapest method possible with the cheapest materials.

When any of you Vac-metalizing guys start complaining about chips and scratches when Hordak appears, I'm going back here and posting your quotes.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Are any of you willing to say that Matty is going to do a quality job with Vac-metalizing? I'm more inclined to think they are going to go with the cheapest method possible with the cheapest materials.

When any of you Vac-metalizing guys start complaining about chips and scratches when Hordak appears, I'm going back here and posting your quotes.
    Mo-Larr's dental tools and the Cosmic Key aren't terrible (mine are all in perfect shape), but I have read a few posts saying they came chipped MOC.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of using Vac-metalizing occasionally. It adds a little extra something cool to some figures, especially reissue varients like H.Hordak. I wouldn't want to see tons of figures done that way though.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I wished He-Ro had gotten the same treatment.
    Hordak is going to look absolutely tremendous!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I like for Mattel to try new stuff, and if it fails, we know not to do it again, like the plastic used on the Goddess.
    Except, last time I saw a reply from Mattel on the Goddess, they were blaming assembly of the hips for the problem, even though folks were showing them pictures of fractured plastic. So it is likely they would do it again, because they've never actually admitted the cheap plastic was the problem...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Except, last time I saw a reply from Mattel on the Goddess, they were blaming assembly of the hips for the problem, even though folks were showing them pictures of fractured plastic. So it is likely they would do it again, because they've never actually admitted the cheap plastic was the problem...
    Stop spreading those lies! The fault was in the joining process! All the Goddesses cracked at the seams! This is a case of fans spreading lies and rumors just to complain for complaining sake... This is Webstor's Backpack all over again!

Vac Metallizing Hordak's Half Armor and chest = Bad Idea...
    Worst case scenarios that come to mind:
    -Vac Metal chipping off everywhere DURING shipping
    -I'll fitting parts due to Vac-Metallizing
    -Instead of chipping the Vac Metallized items get milky and blurry.
    Last edited by DO4M; April 19, 2011 at 11:53am. Reason: placed Emoticon at the correct place this time...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?