Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I've been pointing that out for months. At some point SOMEONE was bound to notice
    Reboot would remind me of this. Had to get it right!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mistakes are made. That's fine. No one is perfect. TG makes mistakes too often with the details, and even THEN it would be forgiveable, but he's just way too snarky with his responses to the customers. He is far too defensive. That kind of defensive response masks a good deal of insecurity.. IMO.
    People complain about him 'not being professional??'

The PROFESSIONAL answer is 'Logistics'... and 'Design choices' and 'budget'.

People HATE the 'professional' answers to their questions... they WANT 'the fan' to answer. Sit down, be human, tell it like it is... Unfortunately THAT sounds snarky sometimes...

People are NEVER happy. The fact that he actually comes online and talks to us at ALL should be considered above and beyond the call of duty... I think my 'professional' answer to most of the complaints i've seen would have been "If you don't like it... don' tbuy it!"

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    Well said!

It seems like common sense doesn't it? Why on earth it would even occur to anyone to sculpt such a large thing (especially when it doesn't resemble the original at all!) is beyond me. I seriously cannot understand the thought process that went into this.
    It is mind boggling indeed.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    lately mattel has been making some pretty stupid decisions, it's like they're trying to top the one they just made.
    This made me giggle. It's all too true though.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd bet that the Green Lantern Classics and the new Green Lantern movie lines will have their details looked after. Why? Because TG is a Green Lantern die-hard.
    Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. The answer is actually in what you wrote: It will have its details looked after because it's a movie line that is sure to be a MASSIVE money maker for the company! The money from MOUTC is practically nothing compared to what GL should bring in.

And you've made it clear that you're not ToyGuru's biggest fan, but what you said makes it sound like you think he's NOT a die-hard MOTU fan, and that is just ignorant, which I know you are not. Seriously, we have this line pretty much entirely due to his passion for MOTU, and that is a fact.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
    I'm unclear; what is it, exactly, that you're trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    Well, he also receives an unprecendented amount of hate and vitriol over something as inconsequential as an action figure toy line. I'm sick and tired of reading it, I can only imagine how it feels to be on the receiving end. I would not have the will power to be as composed as TG is.
    If you were really sick and tired, you wouldn't have read these posts AND replied to them. If you feel the way you say, then when you see these types of posts, look the other way.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    It`s okay to criticism the toy designs or the qualtiy issues.

But to attack a person is never showing a good attitude. It has nothing to do with "toughen up".

There are rules of communication between persons in our allday living. Being on the internet doesn`t abolish it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think my 'professional' answer to most of the complaints i've seen would have been "If you don't like it... don' tbuy it!"
    As I recall, that WAS the answer about King Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. The answer is actually in what you wrote: It will have its details looked after because it's a movie line that is sure to be a MASSIVE money maker for the company! The money from MOUTC is practically nothing compared to what GL should bring in.

And you've made it clear that you're not ToyGuru's biggest fan, but what you said makes it sound like you think he's NOT a die-hard MOTU fan, and that is just ignorant, which I know you are not. Seriously, we have this line pretty much entirely due to his passion for MOTU, and that is a fact.
    Agreed on both points. Scott gets paid to be the brand manager for the Green Lantern line right now and probably DCUC. MOTUC is another passion of his that he heads up, but only gets to work on in his spare time. I appreciate the fact that he has spent so much time and energy when he didn't have to in order to make sure new Masters figures are being produced.

Because of his limited time, I'm sure he leaves a lot of the creative design decisions to the Four Horsemen. As he said with Faceless One, it was the Four Horsemen's decision to not sculpt new hands and reuse the Marzo hands. It was also their decision to sculpt the dial on Hurricane Hordak. They thought it was cool, but I'm sure if fans don't like it they will move away from it for future figures. They are listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Agreed on both points. Scott gets paid to be the brand manager for the Green Lantern line right now and probably DCUC. MOTUC is another passion of his that he heads up, but only gets to work on in his spare time. I appreciate the fact that he has spent so much time and energy when he didn't have to in order to make sure new Masters figures are being produced.
    Last time I saw him online, he clearly stated he΄s the brand manager for MOTUC. What he does in his spare time is doing PR΄s job: browsing forums and answering fans questions online. And from time to time he takes part in WTFWTK.
    Just wanted to get this point right

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Last time I saw him online, he clearly stated he΄s the brand manager for MOTUC.
    Yes that is definitely a title he can claim, but it's probably not in his job description (ie - he doesn't get paid by Mattel to be brand manager of MOTUC). If you checkout the Toy Fair interview that Val did with Scott on Roast Gooble Dinner, you will catch where he stated that clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Yes that is definitely a title he can claim, but it's probably not in his job description (ie - he doesn't get paid by Mattel to be brand manager of MOTUC). If you checkout the Toy Fair interview that Val did with Scott on Roast Gooble Dinner, you will catch where he stated that clearly.
    He's mentioned that he's definitely the brand manager on this forum. Like you said, he doesn't get paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    . And you've made it clear that you're not ToyGuru's biggest fan, but what you said makes it sound like you think he's NOT a die-hard MOTU fan, and that is just ignorant, which I know you are not. Seriously, we have this line pretty much entirely due to his passion for MOTU, and that is a fact.
    It's not an ignorant statement.

Which brand manager was it who missed that the Shadow Beast face was Filmation??

Yeah, it was Toyguru.

Budgets are pre-approved. Green Lantern has a bigger budget, yes, but the details will be better handled because the brand manager is a die-hard GL fan first and foremost.

I do not think TG has a nostalgic love for everything MOTU/pop/NA/200X/Filmation/MYP, etc. like I do or like many many people here.

There's nothing wrong with that, but pretending he's a super-fan is pointless.

I'm sure I'm wrong. I'm sure TG just forgot that Webstor's back pack actually worked in the 80's. Or that She-Ra's turning tiara/mask was NOT a new revelation for POP fans.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Are you saying that my making & burning of a ToyGuru effigy was extreme & unwarranted!!?
    did you use the Lt. Spector head ?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So Scott just posted this answer over on the Ask Matty Thread about a single carded

A single Prince Adam would require a new package to be developed and therefore it would be a new development sku.

So a single carded Prince Adam would need to wait for a development slot to open up and right now we are putting all of those into new figures.
    I guess I am naive, but would it really require the need for a new SKU? I mean, it really is the same packaging, they just need to develop the bio, which I'm sure they have. Would it be THAT much work really?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So Scott just posted this answer over on the Ask Matty Thread about a single carded

I guess I am naive, but would it really require the need for a new SKU? I mean, it really is the same packaging, they just need to develop the bio, which I'm sure they have. Would it be THAT much work really?
    They'd have to make a new inner plastic tray for him to be rubberbanded into.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    New card packout/posing, search out/clean up the art, typeset/layout cards, make new set of instructions for factory employees, get them translated into Chinese...

Plus, there'd be riots amongst "openers" if they found a figure most of them already have in the sub, while most of the ones who don't have it would rather wait for an Orko/Adam rerelease - and the combination of "already have" & "want Orko" means few of them would be keen to buy it if it was done as an "extra" like SR2.0, killing sales potential.

IOW, wait for a DC (blue waistcoat) or MYP (young) Adam if you want his bio...

I've updated it with Toyguru's couple of new answers.

Everyone ready for She-Ra's bio part II?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

You mean the part where she kills Light Hope is a fit of teenage rebellion?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Since she's got a new bio and TG compared her to BA He-Man, does this mean it's a She-Ra variant!? I thought it was just a She-Ra with a new buck. I had no idea it was going to be like a Starburst She-Ra!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I'm not sure I am.

I swear I'm going to lose it if someone travels back into the past, clones baby Evil-Lyn and replaces baby Adora with the Evil-Lyn clone.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Since she's got a new bio and TG compared her to BA He-Man, does this mean it's a She-Ra variant!? I thought it was just a She-Ra with a new buck. I had no idea it was going to be like a Starburst She-Ra!
    I don't think it's a bio that explains a power-up. I think it'll be akin to Battleground Teela's bio--meaning it probably won't reference any of She-Ra 2.0's unique features. It'll probably be more She-Ra story.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I swear I'm going to lose it if someone travels back into the past, clones baby Evil-Lyn and replaces baby Adora with the Evil-Lyn clone.
    Nah, she'll be the Eternia 2 version of He-Man...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Since she's got a new bio and TG compared her to BA He-Man, does this mean it's a She-Ra variant!? I thought it was just a She-Ra with a new buck.
    Apparently, the panel where SR2 was announced had Toyguru say she'd be "quite a few variants" combined. And he's certainly said since that (a) she'll have a new, toy-based head, (b) she'll have a differently-designed cape, (c) she won't include the Filmation head, minicomic ("hole in the...") head or Filmation cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nah, she'll be the Eternia 2 version of He-Man...
    Hmmm...

Filmation/Jetlag = Eternia-1
    DC Comics = Eternia-2
    Mini-comics = Eternia-3
    European comics = Eternia-4
    German audios = Eternia-5
    1987 movie = Eternia-6
    MYP = Eternia-7
    MotUC = Eternia-8

I think you'll need to go into double-digits for the reverse-gender universe