Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011

I really don't get what's going on with She-Ra!
    So:
    -we already have one.
    -Next month they will come up with a reissue but it's not exactly the same as the first one.....what are the changes? and how this one is considered a reissue if it has changes made to it?
    -Then by end of year we're getting a new she-ra (2.0), is this a BA She-Ra? or same she-ra but legs fixed to ride swiftwind?

Could someone give more details regarding different versions please??

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    The one coming out next month is exactly the same as the first release. It's just a re-release. The one coming out at the end of the year (She-Ra 2.0) will be different. We don't know how, we don't know if it's a Quarterly Variant or just a new She-Ra. It will have a new bio though. (could this be any more confusing??)

There's also the DC 2-pack version of She-Ra that's coming with Supergirl. The only difference between this one and the original release appears to be the lack of accessories, as she only has the silver sword from the weapons pak and the Filmation head.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    I've seen the back and forth. Personally, I totally dig them. And I know Eric does as well, and he sculpts the figs and came up with the idea! So for those who are out on them, for the time being, you'll just need to learn to customized cause I don't think they are going anywhere for now.
    I don't need to learn how to customize, I just won't buy . What an obnoxious and condescending answer.

I am fairly new to this line and therefore had a pretty neutral opinion on this guy but after reading several of his 'What I like is better and you are an idiot' answers, I am beginning to doubt in his ability and competency as a product manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Apparently, the panel where SR2 was announced had Toyguru say she'd be "quite a few variants" combined. And he's certainly said since that (a) she'll have a new, toy-based head, (b) she'll have a differently-designed cape, (c) she won't include the Filmation head, minicomic ("hole in the...") head or Filmation cape.

Hmmm...

Filmation/Jetlag = Eternia-1
    DC Comics = Eternia-2
    Mini-comics = Eternia-3
    European comics = Eternia-4
    German audios = Eternia-5
    1987 movie = Eternia-6
    MYP = Eternia-7
    MotUC = Eternia-8

I think you'll need to go into double-digits for the reverse-gender universe
    Masters Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Or that She-Ra's turning tiara/mask was NOT a new revelation for POP fans.
    Well, poo. To hear him talk, I thought I was a genius at 7 years old. Now, I have to find out that other people knew it was reversible too?

Sigh....
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Well, poo. To hear him talk, I thought I was a genius at 7 years old. Now, I have to find out that other people knew it was reversible too?

Sigh....

HAAHAHA

I think this revelation that She-Ra v.2.0 will have a new bio means she will have at least new armor...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm not sure I am.

I swear I'm going to lose it if someone travels back into the past, clones baby Evil-Lyn and replaces baby Adora with the Evil-Lyn clone.
    She's an 'alternate reality' She-Ra.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I might be wrong, but aren't we supposed to hear something soon?
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I might be wrong, but aren't we supposed to hear something soon?
    Last week of April we're gonna find out what the SDCC exclusives are on Attack Of The Show.

Next week is the last week of April. Shouldn't we have a date for the airing by Saturday?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    The one coming out next month is exactly the same as the first release. It's just a re-release. The one coming out at the end of the year (She-Ra 2.0) will be different. We don't know how, we don't know if it's a Quarterly Variant or just a new She-Ra. It will have a new bio though. (could this be any more confusing??)
    We do know that it's not a considered the quarterly variant as it's not part of the subscription...

She-Ra 2.0 keeps sounding more and more amazing... the BEST part of that latest tidbit is the TWIST WAIST!!! As much as I love 'em, I do NOT want Castaspella, Double Trouble, Entrapta and all the rest until after She-Ra 2.0 introduces the twisting waist feature that the males have been enjoying since day one of the line. It's a shame that they had to release Teela and Evil-Lyn without this feature, but I'm telling Mattel right now- you have my money again if you re-do Lyn and Teela with the same twisting at the waist ability that the rest of the future females are going to get!
    I know the line has been lacking the ladies we female figure fans have been wanting all along, but I think this has worked out for the best... now when we do get to The Sorceress, a female Rock Warrior, or a character like Netossa, they'll have a full range of motion instead of being locked into their solid plastic dresses!

And what's this about Adam possibly having a soft goods vest in the future? I see the game is changing in our favor... for I thought once upon a time Mattel said this was going to be a major no-no in the MOTUC line! Again, for better or worse, Mattel has my dollars again if they ever re-release He-Ro, King Grayskull, or Randor with a soft-goods cape...

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New stuff is up!
    Huh, what, where, who, pics?
    Does Galactus fart?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I am getting more and more excited about 2.0, but Im trying to be realistic as well!

As fantastic as she sounds in TG's latest update, Im now picturing Yogopops superb mock up of the toy 'Starburst' on her bodice! And I think thats a lil too much to hope for!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

"We're not ready to spill the beans yet, but to help fans know what to do, the new She-Ra will be the first figure with the complete new female buck. It will feature a twist waist and other improvements. She will also have new arms and leg parts. It may only be the hands and hair that are shared between both figures, but I'd have to check with design to make sure of that. I don't have either figure in front of me right now.

2.0 will feature a few new accessories such as a toy accurate vintage sword and clip on "armor/headgear" pieces to allow a maskless look (without a hole in the head for the mask!). But to make the ultimate She-Ra you will need parts from the original release (such as the style guide head and red cape) so fans may want to pick up both versions to mix and match!

Hope that helps!"

Can someone please explain the above...."the new She-Ra", is this next month's reissue or She-Ra2.0?? Then he says "2.0"....

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    "We're not ready to spill the beans yet, but to help fans know what to do, the new She-Ra will be the first figure with the complete new female buck. It will feature a twist waist and other improvements. She will also have new arms and leg parts. It may only be the hands and hair that are shared between both figures, but I'd have to check with design to make sure of that. I don't have either figure in front of me right now.

2.0 will feature a few new accessories such as a toy accurate vintage sword and clip on "armor/headgear" pieces to allow a maskless look (without a hole in the head for the mask!). But to make the ultimate She-Ra you will need parts from the original release (such as the style guide head and red cape) so fans may want to pick up both versions to mix and match!

Hope that helps!"

Can someone please explain the above...."the new She-Ra", is this next month's reissue or She-Ra2.0?? Then he says "2.0"....
    It's the She-Ra that's coming later on this year.

Not the TRU 2 pack or the reissue in May.

I know TG keeps saying 200X variants are coming, but I'll feel a lot more comfortable when we get one revealed!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Two new questions are up. One reveals a nice tidbit about the 2012 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Two new questions are up. One reveals a nice tidbit about the 2012 figures.
    Which characters do you guys think are prime candidates for a second head?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    We will still include a second head when there is a compelling reason (and a budget!) to do so. We actually have quite a lot of figures on tap for 2012 with second heads. But because the 200X style is retired, a 200X styled head is therefore not a "compelling" reasons for a second head.

Interesting. Maybe this means we'll finally see more than 1 NA figure a year. (Heroes with helmeted/unhelmeted heads.) Since we have unusable dials, and yet some figures (MEF) do still have their action features, we might conclude that more Snake Men are coming, like Snake Face with/without extended snakes, two heads for Tung Lashor - one with tongue extended/one without, and maybe Kobra Kahn... although the 200X head is probably retired.

Mantenna might have two heads as well, one with and one without extended pop-out eyes. If they don't get to Modulok this year (*cry*), he and Multi-Bot might be included in 2012 as well. As for POP they seem to be sticking closer to the Style Guide, but have strayed, so Angella (short blonde haircut/longer brunette curls) would be a good candidate.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Which characters do you guys think are prime candidates for a second head?
    Extending Neck characters:
    Extendar
    Mekaneck
    Rattlor
    Butthead

Action feature heads:
    Kobra Khan (snake hood extended)
    Mantenna (eyes extended)
    Ninjor (unmasked head)
    Snake Face (eyes and mouth snakes extended)
    Stinkor (Mer-Man head)
    Tung Lashor (tongue extended)

Helmeted/Unhelmeted heads:
    Flipshot
    Flogg
    NA He-Man
    Hoove
    Hydron (mini-comic crew cut)
    Kayo
    Lizorr
    Nocturna
    Vizarr

Alright, AWESOME. So glad they are doing the original toy sword for She-Ra 2.0. I had been hoping for that for the original She-Ra! 'Course I don't have any nostalgia one way or the other, but I did like the look of the sword in the pic on the .org here. Really looking forward to it now!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

POP! Glimmer with straight hair and style guide tiara and Glimmer with curly hair and vintage figure tiara.

Angella with short blond hair and Angella with long honey colored hair!

Peekablue with medium length hair and a flip/Peekablue with long straight hair. (I think that one is probably pushing it. I like the Filmation "flip" the best.)

Netossa should get two heads - one to look like the "cowl" the vintage figure wore, and the other to have no cowl like the style guide look.

Perfuma - Style guide version wearing a hat, vintage figure version without a hat.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"