Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    POP! Glimmer with straight hair and style guide tiara and Glimmer with curly hair and vintage figure tiara.

Angella with short blond hair and Angella with long honey colored hair!

Peekablue with medium length hair and a flip/Peekablue with long straight hair. (I think that one is probably pushing it. I like the Filmation "flip" the best.)

Netossa should get two heads - one to look like the "cowl" the vintage figure wore, and the other to have no cowl like the style guide look.

Perfuma - Style guide version wearing a hat, vintage figure version without a hat.
    Thanks for letting us know about the alternate POP heads.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    it should be this week. Can't wait.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Extending Neck characters:
    Extendar
    Mekaneck
    Rattlor
    Butthead
    I find it really funny that you quote Tallstar in your reply yet you actually forgot to put Tallstar in the extending neck list.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I find it really funny that you quote Tallstar in your reply yet you actually forgot to put Tallstar in the extending neck list.
    That's some right shade there.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    My bad. POP is my least known MOTU franchise.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

This isn't the first time that TG has mentioned the DC Mini series when mentioning Serpos. Do you think, if/when we get Serpos, it will mention that Mer-Man worships him too?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

TG was busy yesterday again. MGM will probably update the first post:

LEEECH

So I finally got the first shot of Leech in my hands (that is the first time we have a sample that looks like the toy fully painted for us to review). Now that I've seen him (and not the Horsemen non movable sculpt) I wanted to share some details since I know there have been a lot of questions.

First off, he does not have suction cup hands. They are made of plastic like everything else. He does though come with a red Horde net that does have working suction cups as an homage to the vintage toy's action feature. The hands are also jointed like Bow, with ball joints for more movement.

The only reused parts are the shoulders, upper arms, legs and ankles. Everything else is new and he does stand a bit taller and is a bit wider compared to other figures.

The "armor" is part of the sculpt just like the vintage figure.

One of my favorite parts of the sculpt are the "plates" on the back where the pump was on the vintage toy. That and the tiny hole inside the mouth are awesome touches from the Horsemen.

The shoulder pad and Horde arm band are one removable piece (I think in an ask Matty we reported this as non remobable, but it is). They "connect" where they naturally touch. It works really well.

In addition to the net he also comes with his vintage crossbow which can clip onto his wrist just like the vintage figure.

One last note on the head. I know there has been a lot of back and forth about whether Leech needed two heads (closed mouth, and open vintage toy suction cup look). I'll confess I was 100% in the "needs another head" camp but was overruled by design and the Horsemen. And now that I see him I totally get it.

The head is just perfect. It is this amalgam of everything about Leech. It really is what "the vintage toy would look like under today's standards of articulation and detail" (which was our cut down creative direction for the brand). The boys in Jersey really nailed it. Leech is AWESOME! (can you tell he was a favorite of mine as a child...I digress)

We have some really amazing figures left to reveal for 2011 and man, when we get to 2012, it is going to be insane. Our huge giant announcement pile just grew to FOUR huge giant announcements. The 30th was always going to be huge but things have started to come together in ways that were never part of the plan. But hey, when opportunity knocks we're not saying no.

Stay tuned. SDCC is only a few short months away.

Scott

PS: Marlena video (and Stay Puft) are coming ASAP. Swamp Thing will be a week or more.

MOTUC:
    6: The MOTU 30th just keeps getting bigger. What was going to be 2 giant huge announcements has now grown to FOUR giant huge announcements. Things are happening we never planned but we're not ones to say no to opportunity!
    Look for all the news at our Mattypalooza panel at SDCC!

POLLY:
    6: The MOTU 30th just keeps getting bigger. What was going to be 2 giant huge announcements has now grown to FOUR giant huge announcements. Things are happening we never planned but we're not ones to say no to opportunity!
    Look for all the news at our Mattypalooza panel at SDCC!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    The shoulder pad and Horde arm band are one removable piece (I think in an ask Matty we reported this as non remobable, but it is). They "connect" where they naturally touch. It works really well.
    OMG, that's AMAZING news! This is the second piece of news Mattel has been wrong about initially that has made me crazy happy (Catra's mask actually being able to fit on her face was the first)!

In addition to the net he also comes with his vintage crossbow which can clip onto his wrist just like the vintage figure.

One last note on the head. I know there has been a lot of back and forth about whether Leech needed two heads (closed mouth, and open vintage toy suction cup look). I'll confess I was 100% in the "needs another head" camp but was overruled by design and the Horsemen. And now that I see him I totally get it.
    Closed mouth was the other option? That's not what was said before. Damn...a closed mouth Leech head would have been cool!

Our huge giant announcement pile just grew to FOUR huge giant announcements. The 30th was always going to be huge but things have started to come together in ways that were never part of the plan. But hey, when opportunity knocks we're not saying no.
    Oh...my! I'll try not to get my hopes up though...their last "HUUUUUGE announcement" was this tour thing they are going on...which does not affect the majority of us.

Thanks for sharing Eterniandreams!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Dagnabit. I had told myself that I wasn't going to go into SDCC thinking they had the FILMation rights...and now he goes and says stuff like this.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Wow!!!

That sounded like an excited fan.

Thank you, Scott, for such a great post of info.

That also sounds like a Filmation admission to me.

Four announcements?!

My guesses:

-Filmation rights
    -A new cartoon
    -A comic book
    -Grayskull playset

I know, it's a lot to wish for, but who knows?!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

-Things that I hope are part of the big announcements:
    Covering of all the joint holes (the thing I would like most)

-Things I hope are NOT part of the big announcements:
    Polly Pocket MOTU series

Covering joint holes as a big announcement would live up to the hype.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is getting better and better everytime! Man I cannot wait to find out!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    My guesses:

-Filmation rights
    -A new cartoon
    -A comic book
    -Grayskull playset

I know, it's a lot to wish for, but who knows?!
    Oh my God! If those are the announcements, I don't know what I'll do with myself! I don't think I could survive all that news at one time!

EDIT: Wait...one of them might have something to do with the movie...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh my God! If those are the announcements, I don't know what I'll do with myself! I don't think I could survive all that news at one time!

EDIT: Wait...one of them might have something to do with the movie...
    Those are guesses, not rumors.

Though, I know they've been making deals with Classic Media (heck we all know that: Voltron).

As much as I'd love a new movie, I'm also a bit nervous.

None of the reboot movies of 80s properties has made me all that happy.
    I just want it done REALLY well.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Those are guesses, not rumors.
    Oh, I know!

Though, I know they've been making deals with Classic Media (heck we all know that: Voltron).
    Yeah, we all know.

As much as I'd love a new movie, I'm also a bit nervous.

None of the reboot movies of 80s properties has made me all that happy.
    I just want it done REALLY well.
    You know, I actually LOVED the G.I. Joe movie. If it's as good as that and has the same caliber of special effects (just like the Transformers movies) and some A-list actors, it will be good...even if it's more of an "adaptation" that isn't fully faithful to the stories we all love.

I can see them getting Liam Neeson for Man-At-Arms. He plays everything like that!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I can see them getting Liam Neeson for Man-At-Arms. He plays everything like that!
    He can go all "Taken" on Skeletor if bonehead happens to kidnap/mess with Teela.

FOUR huge giant announcements eh? I hope he's not being literal. I don't want the Already Been Chewed Giants; I want me some Shadow Weaver and some new media (comic, DTDVD, etc).
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    We have some really amazing figures left to reveal for 2011 and man, when we get to 2012, it is going to be insane. Our huge giant announcement pile just grew to FOUR huge giant announcements. The 30th was always going to be huge but things have started to come together in ways that were never part of the plan. But hey, when opportunity knocks we're not saying no.
    HOLY ****!! Yes, Toyguru, YES! Lift me higher with the news of things to come!

Sounds like something to really be excited about! Can't wait to find out!! Thanks for the tease TG!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

My bets on the 4 huge announcements...

1. Filmation rights (with a Shadow Weaver or Lizard Man reveal)
    2. Movie news
    3. Castle Grayskull (due to the movie news)
    4. Video game

I expected this thread to grow by at least 5 more pages over this latest update. Guess a lot of folks are missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I expected this thread to grow by at least 5 more pages over this latest update. Guess a lot of folks are missing it.
    I actually got the e-mail from Matty collector with the update, and I was wondering why there was no thread about it yet. It's not on the front page of this thread yet, so it's easy to miss.

I was trying not to get hyped up about Filmation rights, since I have for the last two SDCCs. It does seem they will announce something this year though, TG sounds really extra excited in this post. That and Voltron of course.

I can't wait, it will be a serious MOTU overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yes. I posted it in this April thread because there wasn't a May thread yet.
    Maybe I should have made a seperate thread for this but I didn't want to do that since normally MGM monitors TGs posts on Matty and I didn't want to "steal" this news from him.
    I have to much respect for all the information gathering he does for all of us.

But maybe a seperate thread is smarter to share the news?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Dagnabit. I had told myself that I wasn't going to go into SDCC thinking they had the FILMation rights...and now he goes and says stuff like this.
    I was thinking the same thing, too. I would love for them to have the Filmation rights, but I didn't want to get my hopes up for the panel at SDCC. Even now, I'm not trying to think that.
    Last edited by Tundra_Torque; May 4, 2011 at 01:54pm.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Man, these "Huge Announcement" teases are getting to be too much! SDCC can't come soon enough!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: