Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

This is artwork of the Unproduced Bubble Carriage in a German catalog. Next to She-Ra, there's a mystery gal passenger who cannot be identified. She's somewhat reminiscent of Flutterina, except there are no wings and her outfit is a different color with a strange design on her bodice.

Can you come up with a name and bio for her?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like her. Mattel said they had "plans" for all the random guys driving vehicles in the MOTU line (like model kits, the posters and such). Why not this girl, then? You can see her better than most of those guys too!

I'm really curious what she's supposed to be. Most PoP girls are based on nature, magical, spiritual or mythical things:

- Angel
    - Mermaid
    - Butterfly
    - Ice woman

This girl looks like she has a string on pearls diagonally down her top, a skirt in the shape of an upside-down rose and 3 circular holes or objects at the top of her boot.

Maybe she comes from the sea as well? Her colouring kind of suggests that a bit. Something seems very "dream sequence" about her too. Like a ballerina from a dream? She could have something to do with bubbles though. The Bubble Carriage could be hers. It could be from her kingdom of bubbles? I don't know.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm all for making figures out of obscure characters, but this is stretching it. I'd be pretty unhappy if this came out as part of a subscription instead of an established character.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Heroic Warrior
    If they ever release that character, she'd better be much cooler and less, hum... pastel.

But I don't think they went that far with obscure characters.

Personally I think the old Wizzardess / Seer of Etheria deserves the title of POP's mystery girl. She was kinda like Light Hope and very important to She-Ra in the mini comics, but her concept either morphed into Light Hope or was just not felt strong enough to take foward. I really hope we see her, but I doubt Mattel will be intrested in her, Josh has already been abandoned by TG. I suppose Catra's Cat Worriors might appeal enough to the male demographic.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I think that is just a miss colored mermista in the carriage with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    That's what I thought when I saw the pic.

The "bubbles" around that character's bodice are interesting, but it reminds me of Mermista because of the colored legs. I know the figure didn't have them, but then again, Spinnerella had a dress, and this drawing doesn't show that.

The 4H and TG have shown that they have little to no nostalgic love for POP. While I don't have a problem with their preferences, I do worry that those preferences will prevent POP fans from getting obscure things like the Wizardess/Seer or vintage-toy-variants.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. God that is some awful art!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

When did toyguru speak out against josh? I wasn't aware there was ever a comment. But remember that there are no rules against any idea that mattel owns. It depends on the fan support!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Given that it's not the best art in the world, it really looks like Mermista to me next to She-Ra.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I think that's just a very loose interpretation of spinnerella, she-ra and mermista.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

For all we know, that could be She-Ra's date for Friday night. ~shrugs~

The issue about Josh has been raised in quite a few questiones to TG on mattycollector and it has never been properly answered, the same for the wizardess, just that the mini comic characters are on the table. But he has stated at least twice in interviews that they wanted to get Bow out of the way as he was the "only" male POP figure, so they thought they would do him first.

I want Josh, but after these comments I am not holding my breath for him. I think the Wizardess would make an incredable figure as well as Josh, the 4H could go crazy on them. But considering TG couldn't even be bothered to properly research the Etheria map, not even including a Mattel playset and City that was the focus of an entire POP mini comic I have to agree with bcrduke's opinion the obscure POP characters (bar the Star Sisters) just are not on his radar!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 6, 2011 at 05:47pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I think that's just a very loose interpretation of spinnerella, she-ra and mermista.
    I dunno, man. Even though it's a loose interpretation, the colors and designs on She-Ra and Spinnerella are still recognizable. The mystery gal has a frilly petal skirt and bubble/pearl design on her bodice and leg. Besides being the wrong colors, Mermista never had a petal skirt or that design on any of her incarnations.

With that almost white hair, she reminds me of Luna, the Moon Maiden from one of the UK comics. I'd agree with others that Josh and the Wizardess would be cooler obscure/mystery characters to add.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 6, 2011 at 08:05pm.

I would agree that The Wizardess and Josh would be cooler choices, but I consider them to be less mysterious than this gal 'cause there's a name or a title associated with them.

Heroic Warrior
    I think even most PoP are too worried about getting their ESTABLISHED figures to want things like her...

If this mysterious lady does get made it's not gonna be for a very long time I mean we still don't even have Glimmer, Castaspella or Frosta yet!

I'd much rather have the Wizardess and Josh also.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think even most PoP are too worried about getting their ESTABLISHED figures to want things like her...
    I think POP fans are thrilled to have new blood. I'd imagine the NA fans would be the same way.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    If this mysterious lady does get made it's not gonna be for a very long time I mean we still don't even have Glimmer, Castaspella or Frosta yet!

I'd much rather have the Wizardess and Josh also.
    We donīt have Ram-Man yet but, there is Vikor, the Goddess and soon to be the Bikini Teela....oops Battelground Teela which has no resemblence to Teelas most iconic look except for the boots maybe and the long forgotten blond hair.

So why not a a white haired pearl lady from a concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    We donīt have Ram-Man yet but, there is Vikor, the Goddess.....
    So why not a a white haired pearl lady from a concept art.
    I agree with this statement. If it is a chance for a new character, then why not? New characters are exciting and they expand the mythos!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

all for obscure figures
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

She seems just as eligible as the Wind Raider pilot from the poster, but I don't think we'll see either of them until we get loooooooots of others first.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I dunno, man. Even though it's a loose interpretation, the colors and designs on She-Ra and Spinnerella are still recognizable. The mystery gal has a frilly petal skirt and bubble/pearl design on her bodice and leg. Besides being the wrong colors, Mermista never had a petal skirt or that design on any of her incarnations.
    It's true. It's just like that one guy who's really Zodak. My memory escapes me, but I believe he's from "Slave City." So, even if it was supposed to be Mermista, that dude was supposed to be Zodak but is different so he can be made into a figure. So can she.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    With that almost white hair, she reminds me of Luna, the Moon Maiden from one of the UK comics. I'd agree with others that Josh and the Wizardess would be cooler obscure/mystery characters to add.
    I can see her coming from the moon too! Maybe the pearls are actually little moons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    She seems just as eligible as the Wind Raider pilot from the poster, but I don't think we'll see either of them until we get loooooooots of others first.
    That's a bingo!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It is Mermista.