Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First faction finished: is the Rebellion complete after Perfuma?

First faction finished: is the Rebellion complete after Perfuma?

After we add Angella, Peakablue and Perfuma to our collections this year, are there any female members of the Rebellion to add to our collections in whatever offerings are made in 2016, '17 and beyond? Or will Perfuma represent the first 'completed' faction in MOTUC.

We all know there are lots of Filmation characters from the POP cartoon still needed in figure form, such as Hunga, Melog, Vultak, Dylamug, Sunder & the Red Knight. But these characters are mostly villainous or men! Despite her appearance in the POP show, Granita should probably be considered a Comet Warrior with Stonedar's people on Eternia, not a Princess of Power member of the Great Rebellion.

There are any number of heroic (Kol-Darr, Koduc Ungol, Kex Queen, Garn, Garth, Kittrina, Hawke, Starchild, Stingrad, etc) and evil (Karg, Kothos, General Tataran, Mask of Power demons, Tuvah & Badra, etc) warriors MOTU figures still needed either from the Filmation cartoon, 200x or movie. There are also a number of Evil Horde villains, Snake Warriors and Preternian characters to be produced. Son of He-Man and NA also have characters not included in the MOTUC line-up at this stage.

Who is there to add to the Great Rebellion ladies? Are there any concepts? Or is this faction close to completed?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I guess it depends on how someone defines a completed faction. I would consider the Snake Men to be the first completed faction once Squeeese comes out because all characters that hade figures in previous toy lines have been produced. Although there are still characters from other media that I really want as a figure I will consider all factions complete after this year.

Plus, there is one GR female that will not be produced this year and that is, what a lot of people have come to call her, Bubblerina, from vintage packaging art.

I see it in the frame of finishing the vintage PoP line (variants non-withstanding), and it will effectively be finished the same time as MOTU vintage (give or take a month or two, depending on actual release dates).

In terms of the factions, I can say - it's enough of the GR for me. I wouldn't mind the Bubble Carriage concept figure, but especially considering we got Kowl, Loo-kee, and Madame Razz/Broom, I really do see the GR as complete, at least as far as my vision of it goes. And considering what a slow start we had, it's a darn near miracle.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes with perfuma were there to never be a POP figure again I'd feel they are completed with having the main characters and a few notable guest stars to boot. I do think how well they all turned out Frosta deserves another release to meet the standards of her fellow rebels The core Horde for me will be complete with multibot. Vultak, Dylamug, colonel blast would be icing

Personally after Angella, huntara, peekablue, multibot and perfuma my essentials for vintage motu and pop will have been released and only really interested in only filmation figures like teela or hunga or vultak
    Last edited by degra; March 9, 2015 at 12:48am.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'd probably consider Granita to be the sole character which needs to be released to "complete" The Great Rebellion.

I agree that Granita is obviously a member of the Comet/Rock Warrior faction, but just like Rokkon and Stonedar I consider her to be a part of The Great Rebellion first and foremost. Just like I would consider Queen Angella and Glimmer to be moreso a part of The Great Rebellion as opposed to a separate "Bright Moon Warriors" faction.

And even that only really applies to unique characters. Obviously, there are viable She-Ra variants left, whether Starburst or "He-Ra". And there are also some "allies" of The Great Rebellion like General Sunder and the Red Knight who could be included in MOTUC.

That "bubble girl" I will stand by my opinion is that it's Mermista, I see pearls and not bubbles and Mermista and mermaids in general go hand and hand with pearls. So after Perfuma, the great rebellion is complete, however it'd be nice to get a few ancillary characters like General Sunder, and King Micah, and the twiggets.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Actually, the Snake Men are the first faction to be completed, after Blast-Attak and Squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Actually, the Snake Men are the first faction to be completed, after Blast-Attak and Squeeze.
    Going with the vintage theme you are definitely right, the Snake Men are the first vintage line to be completed. Of course when it comes to additional charcters from the mini comics or so the faction isnīt completed since we still didnīt get the Slavegirl, the new characters like Stretch Neck or Fang-Or and Lady Slither.

Perfuma is the last vintage POP character who is missing but again there is Josh he is a member established in the mini comic as well. And honestly i donīt like them but the Twiggets seam to be very famous and they count as members as well at least as side kicks.

So if you ask me there will never be a completed fraction ever if we count cartoon characters, mini comic or additional comic characters
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Like others have pointed out the Snake-Men are the first finished toy wise. But without Starburst She-Ra I wouldn't consider the Great Rebellion done just yet. Not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing some variants of a figure or two wearing a Fantastic Fashion, a Frosty Fur Frosta would be fun or even a figure wearing the Ready in Red fashion.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

The Twiggets will be the three most glaring omissions from the POP line up! They have to be included Spiritina was in every episode, and Sprag and sprocker were in loads of episodes!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Personally, I won't consider the Rebellion complete until we get a proper version of Spirit, without holes in his sides,

The Snake Men will be the first vintage faction to be completed.

The Rebellion will only be completed if, nay, WHEN Starburst She-Ra is released. That of course refers to the Rebellion in terms of its action figure releases, as there are other characters from the FILMation series and the mini-comics that would certainly count as members of the Great Rebellion:

Granita
    The Red Knight
    Josh
    The Twiggets
    Bubble Carriage Maiden
    etc.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post

The Rebellion will only be completed if, nay, WHEN Starburst She-Ra is released. That of course refers to the Rebellion in terms of its action figure releases, as there are other characters from the FILMation series and the mini-comics that would certainly count as members of the Great Rebellion:

Granita
    The Red Knight
    Josh
    The Twiggets
    Bubble Carriage Maiden
    etc.
    Not going by the toy line but rather the Filmation cartoon she-ra series the rebellion will be offically complete with Angella, Peekablue & perfuma.

Now other Filmation POP characters who still need to be made (NOT VARIENTS) are General Sunder, Granita, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Admeral Skervy, Inspecter Darkney ,the twiggets,Kowla & Redeye then it will truely be complete.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Great Rebels that need to be made:

Bubblerina
    Josh
    The Twiggets
    The Wise Old Wizardess (What the Goddess is to the Sorceress for MOTU, The Wise Old Wizardess is to Light Hope for POP.)
    King Ahgo
    Crimson Fury

Those are the Absolutely-Need-To-Be-Made. Others include:

Red Knight
    Swen (Seahawk's Mr. Smee)
    Norwin
    King Micah
    Frit
    King Mercier (How cool would it be to get a merman king with a trident????)
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

For me, the Princess of Power will be complete with Perfuma. If you want to include Filmation characters, the faction is far from complete.

Hunga
    General Sunder
    Dylamug
    Twiggets
    Vultak
    Catra in cat form
    Clawdeen

to name a few...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Personally, I won't consider the Rebellion complete until we get a proper version of Spirit, without holes in his sides,
    WORD.

We need a REAL Spirit for pity's sake.

I'd say we still need Starburst She-Ra, Scratchin Catra and Shower Power Catra from the vintage line and the Twiggets from the cartoon. Spritina actually appeared in the cartoons opening credits so I definitely consider her an hole in the collection (and you can't do one Twigget without doing the other 2)

Characters like Ahgo and Granita were not really Rebellion members (like Huntara wasn't) and just helped She-Ra on occasions.
    My top 10 items I'd like for 2016: 10/Stridor, 9/Granita, 8/Filmation Tung Lashor, 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Frosta, Hordak, Mer-Man, Leech & Tri-Klops Filmation heads, 5/Filmation Teela, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Evil Lyn 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post

Granita
    The Red Knight
    Josh
    The Twiggets
    Bubble Carriage Maiden
    etc.
    I personally won't feel that the Rebellion is complete without your list. Between these figures and the remaining Catra variants, and Starburst She-ra, my collection would finally feel complete.

A proper Spirit without holes is something I can get behind as well. Great idea RocketPunch!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

If characters like Frosta & Castaspella were Great Rebellion members(who ruled their own kingdoms), then Ahgo totally was - especially after Troll's Dream. I felt like that episode cemented their alliance. And as well as Granita as a Rebel member.
    Last edited by Kevenn; March 9, 2015 at 12:13pm.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The Twiggets need to be made.
    The were in just about every single episode of the show.
    At this point I would be happy to have them as slug figures. If they had arm and head articulation...even better.
    It would be awesome if the came WITH Perfuma.

Aside from them General Sunder should be made. In my opinion, the General Sunder episodes are the best Filmation episodes made...MOTU or POP. If you have not seen these 2 episodes GO WATCH THEM!

Finally Granita. TBH, not so much for the GR but because of the rock people. That and, they are so cool!

Court Magician
    Great Rebellion must have the Twiggets

I would also like to see:
    King Micah
    Granita
    General Sunder
    Hunga
    The Red Knight
    Josh
    Bubble Carriage Maiden
    Starburst She-ra and Catra variants
    Spirit
    Clawdeen
    Catra in cat form

and just for fun: Swen w/ Davy Jones

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Perfuma doesn't thrill me, so I don't really need her to finish my POP collection.

I DO however, need:

Starburst She-ra
    Vintage Toy Catra
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

I would like to see Starburst She-Ra, vintage toy Catra, Storm, and Clawdeen. I'd also buy a Crystal Castle if they made it.

Heroic Warrior
    Aren't The Fighting Foe-Men complete, as a Faction? :^)

I'd also consider the "Vintage" PREternia Faction (He-Ro and Eldor) to be complete.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Beyond Angella, Perfuma and Peekablue, the Twiggets are really the only characters that feel like a big hole. Otherwise, most of the other characters from the POP show would probably end up on my Filmation/Misc catch all shelf.
    We were specifically told that Dare would not be in 2014-2015, see the words straight from Scott here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...808#9101046808