Thread: Fear-Ro's nature: magic or science?

Fear-Ro's nature: magic or science?

This is probably going to be a laughable question, but I'm trying to understand whetherFear-Ro's nature is magical or scientifical.

Fear-Ro is a mummy, so one could think about magic. But "he" is a Horde warrior, and the Horde usually goes by science. Also, the "Frankenstein Monster" side of this creature would also add for the science side.

What do you guys say?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdGr1ml0ck View Post
    This is probably going to be a laughable question, but I'm trying to understand whetherFear-Ro's nature is magical or scientifical.

Fear-Ro is a mummy, so one could think about magic. But "he" is a Horde warrior, and the Horde usually goes by science. Also, the "Frankenstein Monster" side of this creature would also add for the science side.

What do you guys say?
    Thanks!
    Kinda depends on which canon you're following. In the MYP show and I think also the DC comics Hordak is a sorcerer. And a very powerful one at that. So going by those standards Fear-O could very well be magical.

That being said, why does he have to be a "product" of the Horde? The way I understood the whole Evil Horde thing is that Hordak recruited the baddest and most vile creatures from all over the galaxy. In the original concept for the Horde the red bat insignias were creatures used to control all those evil horde members. I kinda like that idea btw.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Perhaps a little of both, given Modulok's penchant for science and Shadow Weaver for magic.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well, applying the universal monsters' archetype to the horde, fear-ro would play the role of the classic mummy,
    therefore he would be magical in nature...trap jaw seems to be more fitting as a sort of frankenstein's creature,
    even though he's not a horde member.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    In the original concept for the Horde the red bat insignias were creatures used to control all those evil horde members. I kinda like that idea btw.
    i like that idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    That being said, why does he have to be a "product" of the Horde?
    I guess I was influenced by the MotuC bios stating that various characters are the results of the bio-enigineering experiments of the Horde. Actually, I can name Snout Spout only, but I guess people such as Dragstor and Mosquitor could fit in the same category. But as I said, I was just being mislead by a vague idea.

Did Fear-Ro become his official name?

As for the question, can he be both? A mummy cursed by magic but then somehow reinforced by Horde technology after Hordak recruited him? Not sure what that would be, he doesn't have any tech-bits in the concept art, but I'd expect some combination if he were in MOTUC.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Fear-Ro is a good name! Classic Masters of the Universe goofiness.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rdGr1ml0ck View Post
    I guess I was influenced by the MotuC bios stating that various characters are the results of the bio-enigineering experiments of the Horde. Actually, I can name Snout Spout only, but I guess people such as Dragstor and Mosquitor could fit in the same category.
    I stand corrected, as it was Extendard and not Mosquitor, who (just like Dragstor) received cybernetic powers from Hordak, in the original mini-comics. The same I read about Snout-Spout on the internet.
    I merged these facts with Hordak's hatred for magic seen in the PoP cartoons, and got my idea of a Horde based mostly on "forced upon" tech.

Heroic Warrior
    Is Fear-Ro canon or consensus? Being wrapped up, I kind of like Tear-Or.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.