Thread: Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

Hybrid View

Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

This is artwork of the Unproduced Bubble Carriage in a German catalog. Next to She-Ra, there's a mystery gal passenger who cannot be identified. She's somewhat reminiscent of Flutterina, except there are no wings and her outfit is a different color with a strange design on her bodice.

Can you come up with a name and bio for her?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like her. Mattel said they had "plans" for all the random guys driving vehicles in the MOTU line (like model kits, the posters and such). Why not this girl, then? You can see her better than most of those guys too!

I'm really curious what she's supposed to be. Most PoP girls are based on nature, magical, spiritual or mythical things:

- Angel
    - Mermaid
    - Butterfly
    - Ice woman

This girl looks like she has a string on pearls diagonally down her top, a skirt in the shape of an upside-down rose and 3 circular holes or objects at the top of her boot.

Maybe she comes from the sea as well? Her colouring kind of suggests that a bit. Something seems very "dream sequence" about her too. Like a ballerina from a dream? She could have something to do with bubbles though. The Bubble Carriage could be hers. It could be from her kingdom of bubbles? I don't know.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm all for making figures out of obscure characters, but this is stretching it. I'd be pretty unhappy if this came out as part of a subscription instead of an established character.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Heroic Warrior
    If they ever release that character, she'd better be much cooler and less, hum... pastel.

But I don't think they went that far with obscure characters.

Personally I think the old Wizzardess / Seer of Etheria deserves the title of POP's mystery girl. She was kinda like Light Hope and very important to She-Ra in the mini comics, but her concept either morphed into Light Hope or was just not felt strong enough to take foward. I really hope we see her, but I doubt Mattel will be intrested in her, Josh has already been abandoned by TG. I suppose Catra's Cat Worriors might appeal enough to the male demographic.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I think that is just a miss colored mermista in the carriage with her.

Given that it's not the best art in the world, it really looks like Mermista to me next to She-Ra.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Jess comes from a wealthy Etherian family that sided with the Rebels in their fight against the Horde. Although not one for battle herself, she has become very well acquainted with the ladies of the Great Rebellion through her brother Josh. Having quite the reputation as a party girl, Jess is the one everyone turns to when it's time to have some fun. Jess gets the girls all hopped up on goofbubbles and takes them on a wild, skirtless ride in daddy's Bubble Carriage!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Only in the 2024 all Obscure Unnamed Vehicle Driver Sub-subscription.
    I concur with this statement. There are way too many POP girls to do to be considering this one. I understand the theory behind MOTUC, but dont you think the POP girls are coming slow enough, without adding this "character"? I do. I want Octavia and Scorpia as well as all the other girls now and not any later by adding obscure POP girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

http://grayskullmuseum.com/popimages/magic10.jpg
    ...and I shall call her...

Bubbles, Heroic Pilot's Wife (aka Mrs. Wind Raider Pilot)

(insert story that makes sense here) and now she helps She-Ra and her new friends in the Great Rebellion by making sure the Bubble Carriage stays in good working order in the fight against evil!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Elder Councilman
    I say this is pushing it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

"Bubble Girl" in MOTUC

Bubble Girl is a character that only appeared in an advertisement for the Bubble Carriage (a vehicle to be released in the Princess of Power toy line). Bubble Girl is the PoP equivalent of the Monogram pilots and Wind Raider pilot in MOTU (which were turned into The Fighting Foe Men and Sky High, respectively). It would only be fair to get Bubble Girl, like we got those guys.

She's riding inside the Bubble Carriage with She-Ra. It's been suspected she was to be part of the Wave 3 figures, but they decided to give the Bubble action feature/gimmick to She-Ra instead (Bubble Power She-Ra). She could come with a recoloured version of She-Ra's Bubble gun (which may have originally been for Bubble Girl). Here's the ad:

Kevenn made a BEAUTIFUL picture of Bubble Girl. I hope this is okay to share. He calls her "Bubbleiya."

I'm pretty sure I've seen more fan art pictures of her, but I can't find them right now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Never knew she existed, even in just a picture! Very cool! Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Never knew she existed, even in just a picture! Very cool! Thanks for this!
    Your welcome! I accidentally forgot about the 2011 support thread she had. Could a mod merge this thread with the old one and PLEASE make sure Bubble Girl is in the topic name? It's very hard to find that support thread otherwise.

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...-Into-A-Figure

Here's rhea's vintage custom of Bubble Girl:

Last edited by Darkspecter; March 8, 2014 at 12:36pm.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I say yes, please.
    Does Galactus fart?

Well, if the Horseman could make her a bit more interesting than what she is shown in that vintage artwork, I'd be game. But I wouldn't want to see her until at least 2017.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!