Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can you come up with a name and bio for her?

http://grayskullmuseum.com/popimages/magic10.jpg
    ...and I shall call her...

Bubbles, Heroic Pilot's Wife (aka Mrs. Wind Raider Pilot)

(insert story that makes sense here) and now she helps She-Ra and her new friends in the Great Rebellion by making sure the Bubble Carriage stays in good working order in the fight against evil!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Elder Councilman
    I say this is pushing it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Lol, amen. I completely agree with the sentiment that it is Mermista. As soon as I saw the picture that is what i thought. I'd rather have the Bubble Carriage if the line ever got that far. I love the fact that it is shown on the back of my Loo-Kee card.
    I respectfully disagree that the female is Mermista. I think by the time this piece was rendered (and it seems like a detailed rendering, not anything rough - it's colored and all), Mermista was ALREADY a released character in wave 2. My theory is this drawing was for wave 3 product. She-Ra is there because, obviously, she is the title character. Spinnerella was to be a new character and already you can see she was planned to be a repainted Flutterina body, and the Bubble Carriage was made for this Bubble-Girl and she is in the driver's side after all.

I still think mystery girl is an unreleased concept character, like Glob, Fear-O, the Brain, or Snowman. She was going to include a bubble wand and she was dropped and replaced by Netossa, with her wand and gimmick completely handed over to She-Ra. I can totally see her action feature as a toy being like, "HUH?!? Blow Bubbles? that's it?" and then Filmation does something brilliant with her. I know I have some ideas.
    Last edited by Agostinho; November 30, 2011 at 12:24pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Everything Auggie said makes perfect sense. Maybe the heads at Mattel told them to scale back on the third wave, so they had to cut the bubble girl out, and just gave She-Ra her abilities/accessories?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

#1.) How do you get Mermista from that?? Her colors are wrong, her clothing is wrong...??

#2.) Would it not make more sense that she was yet-to-be-announced...tying her in with the vehicle?

#3.) NO NO NO...no they should NOT make her!

Why waste a precious POP spot for someone people can't figure out who it is? There are far too many in demand figures to replace it with this off-the-wall person.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I respectfully disagree that the female is Mermista. I think by the time this piece was rendered (and it seems like a detailed rendering, not anything rough - it's colored and all), Mermista was ALREADY a released character in wave 2. My theory is this drawing was for wave 3 product. She-Ra is there because, obviously, she is the title character. Spinnerella was to be a new character and already you can see she was planned to be a repainted Flutterina body, and the Bubble Carriage was made for this Bubble-Girl and she is in the driver's side after all.

I still think mystery girl is an unreleased concept character, like Glob, Fear-O, the Brain, or Snowman. She was going to include a bubble wand and she was dropped and replaced by Netossa, with her wand and gimmick completely handed over to She-Ra. I can totally see her action feature as a toy being like, "HUH?!? Blow Bubbles? that's it?" and then Filmation does something brilliant with her. I know I have some ideas.
    This makes WAY more sense!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; November 30, 2011 at 04:07pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Add the fact that she's wearing a bubble skirt in the drawing could be some sort of clue.

Add the fact that she's wearing a bubble skirt in the drawing could be some sort of clue.
    hmmmm...WOW that could be a clue...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Maybe she stole it off She-Ra, seeing as she isn't wearing one. Dirty stop-out.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I don't see why not. Would like to know what Mattel had in mind for her name.

In my 80s lame-o "Mattel naming convention" mind, Bubble-Linda springs to mind.

well, if we're going retro lame-o...

I'll take it back to the swingin' 60's inspired "Bubble-rella"
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

*dead*

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I could go for Linda, that's my Mum's name ... and she is AWESOME!!!!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Sorry but no, this should not be made, not any time soon. There are way too many bigger names (Glimmer, Angella, Casta) that need to get made before even considering something this obscure. I think part of PoP's problem is that obscure characters (Star Sisters, Netossa) that seem to be wanted because they were hard to get or unproduced in the original line keep getting made over core characters.

I don't see how getting a figure of the mysterious Bubble-Maiden there is any different than wading through endless variations of He-Man and Co's design predecessors. I mean, we're getting the Foe-Men... Bubble-Maiden should be more than welcome at the table, as well as He-Ra, Prototype Double-Trouble, and other proto-ladies.
    Last edited by Machinitess; December 4, 2012 at 09:17am.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Snappy Threader
    Be cool if they did something like this (both female and male bucks) and allowed the fans to "customize" a story or bio or weapons and such. Kind of like the G.I. Joe Steel Brigade back in the 80's where you could be a member of G.I. Joe.

I thought the fans called her "Bubble Maiden"?

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I don't see how getting a figure of the mysterious Bubble-Maiden there is any different than wading through endless variations of He-Man and Co's design predecessors. I mean, we're getting the Foe-Men... Bubble-Maiden should be more than welcome at the table, as well as He-Ra, Prototype Double-Trouble, and other proto-ladies.
    You know i´m totally on your side. Prototype Double Trouble with her blue/magenta color scheme looks amazing(i´m not the biggest green fan...) and blood red prototype Catra is very high on my wish list!

I can honestly say, i´m not the biggest fan of some of the variants, i´m more for new characters and mysteries maiden are totally exciting for me!

I'm all for Bubble Maiden being done by MOTUC. I love obscure, prototype and mystery figures.

Has anyone redrawn her? Gbagok? Emiliano? Anyone?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

"Bubble Girl" in MOTUC

Bubble Girl is a character that only appeared in an advertisement for the Bubble Carriage (a vehicle to be released in the Princess of Power toy line). Bubble Girl is the PoP equivalent of the Monogram pilots and Wind Raider pilot in MOTU (which were turned into The Fighting Foe Men and Sky High, respectively). It would only be fair to get Bubble Girl, like we got those guys.

She's riding inside the Bubble Carriage with She-Ra. It's been suspected she was to be part of the Wave 3 figures, but they decided to give the Bubble action feature/gimmick to She-Ra instead (Bubble Power She-Ra). She could come with a recoloured version of She-Ra's Bubble gun (which may have originally been for Bubble Girl). Here's the ad:

Kevenn made a BEAUTIFUL picture of Bubble Girl. I hope this is okay to share. He calls her "Bubbleiya."

I'm pretty sure I've seen more fan art pictures of her, but I can't find them right now.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Never knew she existed, even in just a picture! Very cool! Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Never knew she existed, even in just a picture! Very cool! Thanks for this!
    Your welcome! I accidentally forgot about the 2011 support thread she had. Could a mod merge this thread with the old one and PLEASE make sure Bubble Girl is in the topic name? It's very hard to find that support thread otherwise.

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...-Into-A-Figure

Here's rhea's vintage custom of Bubble Girl:

Last edited by Darkspecter; March 8, 2014 at 12:36pm.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I say yes, please.
    Does Galactus fart?

Well, if the Horseman could make her a bit more interesting than what she is shown in that vintage artwork, I'd be game. But I wouldn't want to see her until at least 2017.
    Don't let ANGELLA, DRAGSTOR, BLAST ATTACK, SSSQUEEZE, MULTI-BOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID, SAUROD, PEEKABLUE, PERFUMA, AND MARA get away! Sign up for a 2015 subscription this weekend and complete your collection!