Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should POP's Mystery Gal Bubble Girl Be Made Into A Figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think that is just a miss colored mermista in the carriage with her.
    I thought the same thing too.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

For those of you who think it's Mermista...should light-lavender-pink-haired, pastel blue petal-skirt-wearing with a "pearl"-strand-running-diagonal-on-the-outfit variant Mermista be made?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    For those of you who think it's Mermista...should light-lavender-pink-haired, pastel blue petal-skirt-wearing with a "pearl"-strand-running-diagonal-on-the-outfit variant Mermista be made?
    Uh, hmmmm.... I'd have to say - NO!

Anyway, I too was thinking it's Mermista but with a closer look, I'm thinking it's not. Perhaps a mixture of Mermista's colors with either Glimmer's or Casta's skirt. Or it's an entirely new character with bubble powers, as hinted on the outfit's design. Maybe it's Bubble Girl?

Or Bubbles? Or Bubb-Lea?
    There's not a lot of names that goes with bubble theme powers!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Variant Mermista? Wake me when they make Mermista!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Uh, hmmmm.... I'd have to say - NO!

Anyway, I too was thinking it's Mermista but with a closer look, I'm thinking it's not. Perhaps a mixture of Mermista's colors with either Glimmer's or Casta's skirt. Or it's an entirely new character with bubble powers, as hinted on the outfit's design. Maybe it's Bubble Girl?

Or Bubbles? Or Bubb-Lea?
    There's not a lot of names that goes with bubble theme powers!
    With all the Star Sister talk and speculation she could be a cousin, who is ever since looking for them, and i donīt see that as bubbles more as pearls so she could be Pearlstar or Oy-Star and her hair could be shimering pearl whithe and the rest of her outfit blue. She could be a underwater character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    Yes. me too, please.

I love the idea of this being a new POP character with a moon theme - although Angella and Glimmer kinda' have moon-based powers as well. Maybe this new character could be cloud/mist/fog based. Her powers allow anyone to take an amazing photograph! But really, a "Mistra" or "Mistina" could be really helpful in providing cover for Rebel or Seahawk sieges against the Horde - and it's a power no one really has. I mean, Spinerella has wind-based powers, but I see her as more forceful winds with assertive abilties, while this new character would have more passive abilities.

WANT!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Looks like someone forgot what Mermista looked like and just winged it. What, never heard of research?

Anyway, she does look like she could be repurposed into a new PoP gal; love the moon theme that was suggested.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Only if it says that on the package.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well with Bubble Power She-Ra, and the Bubble Carriage, it may have made sense to create a bubble or pearl-themed character (wasn't Crystal Falls more or less Mermista's playset?)

Her name could have been Pearla or Pearilla or Pearlila.

Bubblina or Bubbla just doesn't work... :-)
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Nifty idea, but I would worry that if we got her, we might not get another POP character down the road. If it was gauaranteed that we would get every POP figure from before as well, I'd welcome her!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's what I thought when I saw the pic.

The "bubbles" around that character's bodice are interesting, but it reminds me of Mermista because of the colored legs. I know the figure didn't have them, but then again, Spinnerella had a dress, and this drawing doesn't show that.

The 4H and TG have shown that they have little to no nostalgic love for POP. While I don't have a problem with their preferences, I do worry that those preferences will prevent POP fans from getting obscure things like the Wizardess/Seer or vintage-toy-variants.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
    I too worry a bit that we won't see Vintage toy variants... Of course, if more come out as Bow did, I could be happy with what we get initially.
    (I really want a Vintage Toy-styled Casta!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Has opinions changed regarding little known POP characters? It seems that most here are enthusiastic about this bubble carriage rider being a new character.

Is it because it's another pretty princess type?

I'm just wondering because there was lots of discussion on the "Etherian Rebel Josh" thread about why he does not deserve inclusion, many by Ultra POP fans who have spoken in the "pro-" here.

I'm curious to know if those who have posted in the affirmative here now feel more positive about some of the other rare appearance characters in POP that are available. I'm speaking specifically for Josh and the Wizardess concept characters (two of my favorites).

Anyone?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm pro all PoP unknowns, since there are barely any and will enrich the line.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm all for Josh being made, if they find a way to make his design look more interesting than what was in the mini-comic. This character has more interesting design elements than Josh did. Visually, she looks more interesting.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'm all for Josh being made, if they find a way to make his design look more interesting than what was in the mini-comic. This character has more interesting design elements than Josh did. Visually, she looks more interesting.
    If you ask me, i would love to see both of them but she has simply the advance of being a mystical characters with unique powers, Josh has a name and an average look with no special features or powers.

Thatīs why she seems to be more interessting.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    "Battleground Bubble Power Mermista"
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I'm for anything that potentially expands the life of MOTUC, and would love to see fresh concepts for the POP aspect of the line.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    She seems just as eligible as the Wind Raider pilot from the poster, but I don't think we'll see either of them until we get loooooooots of others first.
    The art is really bad, so it is hard to get much detail on her, but, in truth, if the model pilots are game, so to should a character from an actual Mattel package.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The more I look at that image, this is my theory:

This new character with the bubbles on her costume could possibly be the original "Bubble Power" character. It can't be a coincidence that "standard" She-Ra and a "bubble" themed girl exist side by side. Spinnerella also looks unfinished alongside a basic/"non Bubble Power" She-Ra. It's possible the Bubble Carriage would be a vehicle for this new girl, similar to Crystal Falls was unique to Mermista. And she seems to have Mermista's gauntlets (possibly). Mattel may have had financial room for only a few skus and needed to refresh with a She-Ra and Catra variant, and so Bubble-Girl was nixed altogether and her weapon repurposed as the Bubble Power She-Ra we know today.

A new female character with only a Bubble wand may seem like a weak gimmick, but look at Clamp Champ or Snout Spout. She seems like she's cut from the same "gimmick-first, as questions later" cloth as many of the others.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Agostinho; November 30, 2011 at 02:10am.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Can you come up with a name and bio for her?

Jess comes from a wealthy Etherian family that sided with the Rebels in their fight against the Horde. Although not one for battle herself, she has become very well acquainted with the ladies of the Great Rebellion through her brother Josh. Having quite the reputation as a party girl, Jess is the one everyone turns to when it's time to have some fun. Jess gets the girls all hopped up on goofbubbles and takes them on a wild, skirtless ride in daddy's Bubble Carriage!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Only in the 2024 all Obscure Unnamed Vehicle Driver Sub-subscription.
    I concur with this statement. There are way too many POP girls to do to be considering this one. I understand the theory behind MOTUC, but dont you think the POP girls are coming slow enough, without adding this "character"? I do. I want Octavia and Scorpia as well as all the other girls now and not any later by adding obscure POP girls.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd prefer to see Frosta, Glimmer, Queen Angella, Castaspella, Netossa, Double Trouble and pretty much every other "classic" POP figure/doll in the MOTUC line before the "mystery" character (who looks like a mis-coloured Mermista to me).

I agree. I don't need this chick. As much as we need Glimmer, Frosta, and Castaspella, man oh man, I want Mermista and Scorpia right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I think that's just a very loose interpretation of spinnerella, she-ra and mermista.
    I would concurr with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    Lol, amen. I completely agree with the sentiment that it is Mermista. As soon as I saw the picture that is what i thought. I'd rather have the Bubble Carriage if the line ever got that far. I love the fact that it is shown on the back of my Loo-Kee card.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!