Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which figure surprised you with its "WOW" factor once in-hand?

Chief Carnivus.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

mAN-aT-aRMS & bATTLE cAT.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'm like a lot of the other people here with Buzz Off. There's something really amazing about that figure's presence that is completely unexpected. Whiplash is sort of the same way for me, but I had expected to really like him.

Battle Cat. I had seen pictures of him online and thought he looked cool enough. But I was BLOWN AWAY once I received him. He's tremendous and amazing. I'm glad I was able to aquire one (Thanks Shecky )
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He-Man & Beastman - that morning back in December 2008 when I opened them for the first time - the memories of childhood came back!

Mer-Man

Man-At-Arms

Teela

The Goddess

Battle Cat

Evil-Lyn

Count Marzo

Whiplash

Carnivus

Bow

Gy-Gor

Buzz-off

as you can see a lot of "wow-ing" from me
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; April 7, 2011 at 03:34pm.

Any figure I find just the right cloth cape or 3rd party accessory for.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Which figure surprised you with its "WOW" factor once in-hand?
    Nothing surprises me for I know all...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'd have to say Bow I wasn't going to keep him and when it arrived it was an impressive figure. Well done 4H!!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    All ..from the very 1st he-man to King Hisssssssssss its even better when you have the figure in hand , the articulation just blows you away

The figures that wow me the most tend to be ones I have not looked forward to but then suprise me.
    The main two to do this were Stratos and Zodac. I never liked any of their previous toy forms so held little enthusiasm for them. Then once I had them I really liked them and felt so pleased to finally have these characters in a toy I liked.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I have to say all of 'em, but especially Chief Carnivus and GyGor.

Initially, believe it or not, I was into the MOTUClassics once it was introduced only 75% of it. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking, how can this be any better than the vintage or the 200X line which took sometime even after I opened the figs, for me to like 'em completely.

Anyhoo, after Beast Man and He-man, I was hooked. I really had no history with both Carnivus and Gygor so I was actually wasn't planning to pick up the yellow gorilla. Carnivus is in the subs so no choice on that. But after I got 'em and opened them, I was actually amazed how cool they look up close.

And it seems every month, the figs will always give me the "WOW" effect once I open 'em and just a giddy feeling looking at 'em on the review sites!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; April 7, 2011 at 04:20pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

He-Man, Grizzlor, and Vikor really impressed me

If I had to pick one I went from hating to absolutely loving it was Vikor, I despite the idea behind the figure but once in my hands I saw how awesome he was
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Nothing surprises me for I know all...
    So. What's it like being omniscient?

I got wun-dar I was wow. Then I got bow. I was wow. Before I was flip flopping. Then I got re-release Tytus I was wow.

If I had to pick an order it would be this:Tytus then Wun-Dar then Bow.

Figures that blew me away…Hordak, Bow, Battle Cat, Vikor, Trapjaw, Skeletor…I could keep going because they're all spectacular but those few really wowed me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Roboto. Wasnt too bothered about him but really liked him once I got him.

He-Man. When I first got him back in December of '08, I was really impressed as this is exactly the type of MOTU toys I wanted as a child. As for figures I wasn't excited for then was wowed when I actually had him in hand would be Buzz-Off.

Chief Carnivus. Based on the pictures and reviews I was convinced that he was terrible. I even voted him "worst figure" in a couple of polls before I owned him. Once I had him in-hand though, I realized that he is actually awesome. It's weird.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im shocked at how many mentions MAA is getting, I thought I would be the only one!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

He-Man, MAA, Grizzlor, Orko, Battle Cat
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I've been "wow'd" by most MotUC figure I've gotten, but especially by Trap Jaw. Just such a great, detailed figure. =)

Evil-Lyn, I just received her today. As kid, I really like her. She appeared as a strong female lead for MOTU, so her arrival then and now sparks emotive elements.

i will have to say roboto and trap-jaw ... purely because they reminded me so much of the classic MOTU toys i had growing up, and they really took me back ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I had my first WOW feeling with Mer-Man because he was my first MOTUC, he had such a great paint scheme, 2 heads, the sword could hang in the back and the trident was so detailed.

Beast-man is probably the figure I was not really excited about that blown me away in hand. I think he couldn't be better done.

Now that I have the whole collection and got used with the awesome talent of the 4th, the wow factor happens much less often. Anyway, Whiplash impressed me and Prince Adam still surprises me for looking so good.

For me, it was Evil-Lyn. I heard so many not-so-good things about her online that it decreased my expectations for her. When I finally opened her, I was very impressed with her and I still am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    So. What's it like being omniscient?
    You wouldn't be able to understand it being mortal. It would be like a human trying to explain to a flea how a television works. Mortals lack the basic mental faculties for the comprehension of ultimate knowledge...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!