Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternia Map - Official Discussion

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar

Eternia Map - Official Discussion

Weird as it may sound, I'm just looking at the Map of Eternia and wanted to catalogue the events that have transpired at various places listed. This includes MYP, Filmation, mini comics etc.

I'm hoping you guys can help. Hopefully it can help you guys too and perhaps shed some light on future stories etc.

Ice Mountain

Stilia

Avion - Home to Stratos and the Birdmen

Plains of Perpetua

Zodak's Mountain

Village of Pelleezeea

Underground city of Tundaria

Eye of Zurcain

Tar Swamp

Andreenos - Home to Buzz-Off and his hive of Andreenids. Ambrosia is produced here.

Mystic Mountains

Ocean of Gnarl

Vine Jungle

Anwat Gar

Golden Isles

Evergreen Forest

Castle Grayskull

Former Location of the Hall of Wisdom

Village of Veridas

Eternos Palace

Southern Plain

Polar Ice Cap

Harmony Sea

Orkas Island

Berserk Islands

Sands of Time

Dunes of Doom

Sands of Fire

Sea of Rakash

Temple of Hordak

Merman's Lair

Valley of Dragons

Mount Barathrum

Death Channel

Blood River

Snake Mountain - Lair of Skeletor and his Evil Warriors, former home to King Hsss and his Snakeman, and resting place/ prison of the Snake God, Serpos.

Ruins of Zalesia - Home to The Faceless One and birthplace of Evil Lyn

Corridor of Lithos
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Weird as it may sound, I'm just looking at the Map of Eternia and wanted to catalogue the events that have transpired at various places listed. This includes MYP, Filmation, mini comics etc.

I'm hoping you guys can help. Hopefully it can help you guys too and perhaps shed some light on future stories etc.

Ice Mountain

Stilia

Avion - Home to Stratos and the Birdmen

Plains of Perpetua

Zodak's Mountain

Village of Pelleezeea

Underground city of Tundaria

Eye of Zurcain

Tar Swamp

Andreenos - Home to Buzz-Off and his hive of Andreenids. Ambrosia is produced here.

Mystic Mountains

Ocean of Gnarl

Vine Jungle

Anwat Gar - Home of Sy-Klone and where the Legacy Stones were found and ultimately destroyed.

Golden Isles

Evergreen Forest - Moss Man roams this forest close to Castle Grayskull.

Castle Grayskull - Really??

Former Location of the Hall of Wisdom

Village of Veridas

Eternos Palace - King Randor's stomping ground.

Southern Plain

Polar Ice Cap

Harmony Sea

Orkas Island - Home to Clawful?

Berserk Islands

Sands of Time

Dunes of Doom

Sands of Fire

Sea of Rakash - Mer-Man rules(d) the City below.

Temple of Hordak

Merman's Lair

Valley of Dragons

Mount Barathrum

Death Channel

Blood River

Snake Mountain - Lair of Skeletor and his Evil Warriors, former home to King Hsss and his Snakeman, and resting place/ prison of the Snake God, Serpos.

Ruins of Zalesia - Home to The Faceless One and birthplace of Evil Lyn

Corridor of Lithos
    I placed what I knew. I think you could have filled in Castle Grayskull yourself though.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I placed what I knew. I think you could have filled in Castle Grayskull yourself though.
    True, but just filling home of The Sorceress and the ultimate power of the Elders, I dunno. Feels like there is more to it.

That and built by Tytus for King Grayskull.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

My best guesses based on MOTUC bios and previous MOTU shows.

Underground city of Tundaria Home of Wun-Dar.

Eye of Zurcain Naturally formed tunnel in Mystic Mountains that serves as entrance to Andreenos and Avion (according to MYP Courage of Adam)

Tar Swamp Dangerous swamp where Orko first appeared on Eternia.

Mystic Mountains Mountain range that includes cities of Avion and Andreenos.

Ocean of Gnarl It's an ocean, and it's gnarly.

Vine Jungle A jungle that has a lot of...trees.

Anwat Gar Island city where Sy-Klone guards the Legacy Stones.

Former Location of the Hall of Wisdom Now a flea market.

Village of Veridas Agriculture-based city, benefits from the Crystal of Prasinus (sp?) that magically enhances plant life. They grow honeyberries there that the Queen Andreeno really likes apparently.

Eternos Palace Total dump, but some guy there is the king. And I thought we were an autonomous collection.

Southern Plain A big plain in the not-North, East, or West.

Orkas Island Island where Clawful's cousins hang out (may be their home in MOTUC), and where Man-At-Arms's mentor Dekker lives.

Berserk Islands Where Beastman came from.

Dunes of Doom Where Marzo was raised by evil wizards.

Temple of Hordak Where Keldor was tuned into Skeletor by Hordak.

Merman's Lair Probably where Merman keeps his fish men and the Crimson Pearl.

Mount Barathrum Really big volcano in the Dark Hemisphere, possibly replaces Filmation's Mount Chrona as the largest on Eternia.

Nicely done, there! I look forward to more maps as well...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Is there more information that can be added to this thread? I feel this thread is almost as important as the bio thread and can run in conjuction with it

I was hoping to see more details about the locations on the map, i.e what episodes they feature in, what location certain characters orginated from, etc.

Right, I'll add the information I remember offhand. I'll offer more later.

Tar Swamp - The place where Orko entered Eternia's dimension. In the Filmation episode Creatures from the Tar Swamp, this site has many prehistoric monsters preserved in the depths of the marsh. In the MYP episode Lessons, the swamp is infested with Swamp Hoppers, ferocious amphibians.

Mystic Mountains - In the MYP series, the Mystic mountains is the location of both Andreenos and Avion.

Vine Jungle - In the original minicomic He-Man and the Power Sword, He-Man came from a tribe in the Vine Jungle and was a blonde barbarian. This was later referenced in the DC Mini-series where Prince Adam said he had been adopted by the people of the Vine Jungle after saving them from Daimon. The "jungle He-Man" Oo-Lar in the classics continuity may originate here.

Anwat Gar - Introduced in the MYP episode The Mystery of Anwat Gar. A former colony of the mysterious Gar race, now abandoned. In the MYP series, Sy-Klone was the last guardian of this city.

Golden Isles

Former Location of the Hall of Wisdom - Introduced in the MYP episodes The Beginning parts 1-3.

Polar Ice Cap - Setting of the Filmation episode The Ice Age Cometh. In that episode it is claimed that Eternia maintains a weather control station here which maintains the climate of the planet, but this may or may not be canon anymore.

Orkas Island - The homeland of Clawful's people, introduced in the MYP series.

Berserk Islands - Homeland of Beast Man (and presumably the other Beast Men). Tropical islands ruled by savages. The setting of Icons of Evil: Beast Man.

Sands of Time - Setting of the Temple of Darkness in the minicomic of that name, and the Temple of the Sun from the Filmation episode of the same name.

Dunes of Doom - In MOTU Classics, Count Marzo hails from this area.

Ruins of Zalesia - First appeared in Lessions (MYP). There was a Zalessia in Filmation, but it was a completely different place, a flying city. This version is presumably not canon anymore.

Thanks Sandman

Is there anywhere throughout the series that shows the Village of Veridas?

I originally looked at the encyclopedia here on the .org and a lot of the places on the Map are not in it. It might be a good opportunity to update the encyclopedia with the information from this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Thanks Sandman

Is there anywhere throughout the series that shows the Village of Veridas?

I originally looked at the encyclopedia here on the .org and a lot of the places on the Map are not in it. It might be a good opportunity to update the encyclopedia with the information from this thread?
    It was in the episode Buzz-Offs Pride. There used to ba a bridge leading there but 3 giants destroyed it.

Additions to above.

The Vine Jungle - Home to man eating plants, He-Man, Teela Battle Cat and Orko have all been threatened by these.

The sands of Time - a cave here is where the eldors hid Marzo's amulet, can only be reached by someone with an extendable neck!

Ruins of Zalesia - ruined the first time Serpos awoke, after the pre-faceless one gave Hsss the power to do so in return for his kidnapped daughter.

Zodak's Mountain - were Zodak lives, can only be reached by air

Corridors of Lithos - where Marlena used to take a young Adam and Cringer. Later, back there, she was kicking snake butt until Randor blundered in!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

We should list all the first (and possibly notable) episode-appearances of the locations.

Here are couple that I can remember.

Ice Mountain / Stilla - MYP episode "Trust" where Kulataks mine Eternium, the strongest metal ever known. Stratos goes there to acquire it, but has to deal against Trap-Jaw for it. Kulataks reside at Stilla (or Stilia) to be exact in the Ice Mountains.

Eye of Zurcain - MYP episode "The Courage of Adam" when Stratos and Prince Adam must fly through the eye of zurcain (or Zahr-Kain) in order to get to Avion, they are ambushed by Skeletor's troops.

Village of Pelleezeea - MYP episode "Out of the Past" where Teela is drawn to in a vision, after a battle with Skeletor. She falls from her Sky Sled and is taken in by the diminutive Pelleezeans, who proclaim that she has "returned". The Sorceress originally stayed there for a brief time and fought against Prahvus.

Zodak's Mountain - MYP episodes "Snake Pit" and "Rise of the Snake Men Part 1"

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    We should list all the first (and possibly notable) episode-appearances of the locations.
    This is exactly what I was after, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Ice Mountain / Stilla - MYP episode "Trust" where Kulataks mine Eternium, the strongest metal ever known. Stratos goes there to acquire it, but has to deal against Trap-Jaw for it. Kulataks reside at Stilla (or Stilia) to be exact in the Ice Mountains.
    Could this possibly be where Vikor is from? I am very excited about Vikor and I can't wait to find out more info about him

I also want to add to Jukka's post that the Village of Pelleezeea is the original home of Odiphus, who later became Stinkor (also MYP: "Out of the Past")

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar

The Woman on the Map of Eternia

So up on the top of the map all of the 2010 sub holder received there's a woman's head. There are demon heads here and there as well, but the woman is top-center and seems fairly detailed.

Usually a figure like this on the edge or border of something is related to the subject of the art. It can be a god, a mythical beast, a person for whom or in honor of whom the art is created, etc.

Any guesses who/what she is, and why she's featured right in the middle? I'd like to think a figure that was either important during the reign of Randor, or at least a person from the past held in high esteem by the people of that era.

I thought those 'demon-heads' were Moss Man!

My take on it is the woman is a representation of the Sorceress of Grayskull.

What I do find interesting is that it looks like this 'Sorceress' is wearing a tiara with the cat-head emblem off Chief Carnivas' belt.

If the lady is indeed the Sorceress of Grayskull, it again raises the question of the connection between the Sorceress of today and the (presumably at this stage) forgotten Towers of Eternia.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Many have guessed it is Veena in the past.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I thought it was the 200X Sorceress
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Anybody have a close up scan?
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

It is the Sorceress!

I thought it was either Veena or a generic emblem of the sorceresses of grayskull
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Absolutely clueless what you guys are referring too..

Can someone point it out?

EDIT: Oh I get it
    Not on the actuall map, but on the top.
    I thought the current Sorceress.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I like the idea of the depicted figure being Veena because it does have more of the 200X-Sorceress look to it than the Mattel / falcon motif Sorceress we will probably see first.

Update: Here's a close-up image of just the figure in question. Also, going off of Swanmarsh's comment, I always thought the tiara was a serpent--I kind of thought Veena (or whoever the figure is) would represent a link between the Goddess' serpent gear and the current Sorceress' togs.

Last edited by Telkan2; October 22, 2010 at 02:13pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

And who is the guy to her left and her right?

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I thought it was just a decorative element and looked at her for 1/4 of a second. I know, I'm so unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    ... Also, going off of Swanmarsh's comment, I always thought the tiara was a serpent--I kind of thought Veena (or whoever the figure is) would represent a link between the Goddess' serpent gear and the current Sorceress' togs.
    Sorceress - serpent - Goddess connection
    or
    Sorceress - cat emblem - Central Eternian Tower connection.

Either way, it is a good question to seek clarification from Toyguru on. However, we get such unfulfilling answers in the Q&As that maybe this is best left for a Roast Gooble Dinner interview?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    And who is the guy to her left and her right?
    Teelas dads...