View Poll Results: What will be Teela Battleground on your MOTUverse?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exactly what the Bio says?

36 25.17%
  • Vikor/Oolar's wife/companion?

49 34.27%
  • an alternate version of Teela of another more "barbaric universe"?

15 10.49%
  • Teela's sister?

0 0%
  • Another female warrior not related to Teela in any way but in the same timeline that Teela?

14 9.79%
  • Other? (explain)

29 20.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will be Battleground Teela in your MOTUverse?

What will be Battleground Teela in your MOTUverse?

The title says it all. In your personal MOTUverse, Teela Battleground will be;

Exactly what the Bio says?
    Vikor/Oolar's wife/companion?
    an alternate version of Teela of another more "barbaric universe"?
    Teela's sister?
    Another female warrior not related to Teela in any way but in the same timeline that Teela?
    Other? (explain)

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'm gonna go with the bio, but she's still just a concept/comic book character brought to life in figure form, and she's gonna look great next to Vikor

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    nothin to do with Teela, Matty has given me a background nameless warrior!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Teela. But I'm all about the mini-comics/DC Comics/Pre-FILMation story. There's no Prince Adam (I know there was one in DC Comics, but it's easily ignored), no Orko, it's a savage post-apocalyptic world where there are bastions of technology and magic left over from the downfall of a society that exceeded imagination; where science and magic were one and the same, but now little remains.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I like the idea of an alternate version of Teela theory. Yep, that's the one - and more barbaric too...

I like the bio but i'm still using this figure as a Preternia character.

Vikor/Oolar's wife/companion. She fits in better with that period.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Teela's mom before wearing a chicken dress
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I chose Exactly what the Bio says?

This was always Teela to me. She has the leotard and the bikini. Now since she has magic of her own, she can switch between the two at will. And I like how Teela has progressed.

My canon would work just like the bio, only The Sorceress would have set Teela on the path to becoming Grayskull's guardian while she secretly recovered in the citadel (last ditch effort to survive). Teela learns Adam's secret and the two begin a relationship.

Now that the Eternia Towers have returned as seen in The Search for Keldor, Teela doesn't have to be cooped up inside of Grayskull and is the heroic female answer to Evil-Lyn. Whereas Evil-Lyn is more wizard than warrior, Teela is more warrior than wizard, making the two more evenly matched. Teela is also half warrior (Man-At-Arms) and half wizard (the Sorceress), making her the best of both worlds, akin to He-Ro and Zodak.

Eventually, He-Man, Teela and the other Masters save Man-At-Arms and reverse his condition as a Snake Man, rescue Randor and restore him to the throne of Eternia. The Sorceress makes a surprise return during Eternia's darkest hour, saving everyone. She resumes her position as guardian of Grayskull, while Teela resumes her Captain of the Guard duties. Teela enjoys life as she now has her father, mother and boyfriend as her new supporting cast.

Exactly like the Bio but I like this happened a few years later and she's a more adult Teela and the new look is because of that.

I am adapting what a few others have suggested. When MAA was a Snakeman Teela adopted a new look and identity to keep herself from becoming a target while He-man was battling Skeletor and Flogg.

When He-man returns she can return to her original look.

I'm fine with her replacing Sorceress down the road and all that. It just seems too early yet and a very lame death for a character who is more or less an immortal demi-god.

But who knows...TG says they're building toward something. Maybe Sorceress isn't dead and gone for good.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm blanking on the name of the episode. But it was early in the first season. There was a character who was friends with Teela and she was afraid of everything. The episode had a rock softner device MaA made. Teelas friend was tricked/conned into stealing it. I say that friend looks a lot like Battleground Teela.

I really like the Alternate Universe idea. That's always been a really cool concept to me. An infinite number of universes with slightly different variations of everything we've seen. Different clothes, new goatees or lack of, different hair styles, different personalities...yet all very similar at the same time.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I like the bio but i'm still using this figure as a Preternia character.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    This for sure.

She just seems more of a Preternia/PoG character to me. She's going next to Vikor...Golden Axe style.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post
    Another member of Skeletor's growing harem. Or cannon fodder.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    My new philosophy is that 'Teela' is an ancient Eternian word for 'Hot Stuff'. All the females on eternia are essentially 'Teela's'

Now, with THAT in mind....

Go watch some old episodes and laugh your head off at the dialogue

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    t.a.f.k.a.s.

the
    archer
    formerly
    known
    as
    sharella (he-ro's tutor, not the goddess ).

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar

A head to pop off and make mini-comic Teela!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Modern Eternia is severely lacking in good female warriors.

My Battleground Teela will be re-named and will fight alongside the Masters. In my personal canon, all the Preternia folks are time travelling into modern day to help fight the overwhelming forces of two villain armies.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I say Snake Teela came first, and when a cure was found her hair turned blond by the process. Which also explains why her hair is still blond in NA.

Paul Justice, one of the most imaginative and well thought origins I've heard .

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    She's Teela of course.

I thought the official explanation was kind of decent, but I think I prefer a different one.

Either it's her new style that she takes up when the Horde or Skelly conquers Eternia, and she's incognito, thereby the hair-change.

Or, it's just a bit more casual wear, her regular outfit being some sort of formal attire, and the hair-change happened early on in her career, when she was younger, and more insecure about herself. Perhaps it's a sign of fanhood for He-Man? Something similar to how it could be explained in the DC Comics, basically. Nothing really dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Same here.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Personally for me she will be Tee-La, a great worrior who aided Wundar in times of danger in his mission to protect the sword of He, eventually becoming his wife. She is also the ancestor to a certian young lady called Teela'na, who would eventualy name her cloned daughter after this legendary female worrior from her own blood line. Tee-La was gifted with a magical ray gun from the cave of power by the Goddess of Eternia to aid her in her mission to protect Wun-Dar and indirectly the sword of He that was in his charge.
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 13, 2011 at 07:50pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

She's Teela, daughter of the Sorceress, adopted daughter of Man-At-Arms, head of the Royal Guard.

Now Battle Armour Skeletor is clearly a different character to Skeletor
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!