View Poll Results: What will be Teela Battleground on your MOTUverse?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exactly what the Bio says?

36 25.17%
  • Vikor/Oolar's wife/companion?

49 34.27%
  • an alternate version of Teela of another more "barbaric universe"?

15 10.49%
  • Teela's sister?

0 0%
  • Another female warrior not related to Teela in any way but in the same timeline that Teela?

14 9.79%
  • Other? (explain)

29 20.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will be Battleground Teela in your MOTUverse?

Simply the same Teela we all know and love just wearing different armour, just like He-Man would wear his Battle Armour, Snake Armour or Ice Armour etc.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I think she's great to go next to Vikor. But specifically I've kinda decided that she is the "warrior goddess" teela (who to me is Teela Na, or more specifically the Pre Sorceress of course) who fit the He-Man (Oo-lar)/Man-At-Arms(unmustachiod Duncan)/Teela(now Battleground Teela/Teela Na) early comic days.

I like the idea that this team predated Adam He-Man. I prefered that Wun-Dar was the "Barbarian" He-Man of the minicomics, (as I had thought of him) but I'm great with this.

I like to think that Oo-Larr (if he indeed is the minicomic barbarian he-man) had adventures more or less with Duncan and this Warrior Goddess Teela-Na (who can be blonde, sure why not) before Duncan became the "Man-At-Arms" (as in he was still being tutored by Dekker) and before Teela-Na had to become the Sorceress.

And of course this fits with my "Teela-Na and Duncan fell in love, made love, and some time later Teela was born only for Teela-Na to have to fill her destiny and Duncan to raise his biological real daughter" story that I always believed and assumed from my childhood.

So even though she'll look tops next to vikor, and I'll probably have her there at first, I"m going to eventually have her next to my (eventually parts swap) "early" Duncan (non mustacioed with typical toy armour) and Oo-lar if they ever do him. Or even Wun-Dar can fill in (since that's how I liked him originally, what with getting what I think of as "his" maroon axe now).

Then I'll have Mustachioed Duncan with "Filmation" armour (either taken from the guards, or perhaps *cross fingers* duncan colour appropriate guard armour in Weapon pack 3) the Sorceress, Teela, and the rest.

I never liked that the Warrior Goddess was just teela in the snake gear. That all was muddied.

So this new stuff cleans it up, gives it a visual uniqueness I can use to soothe my definative brain.

Like how I love the Green Goddess because it legitimizes the Snake armour, which I always hated. Now I can use it, and it makes her and Teela that much more different. And of course I did the snake/spear swap to nail it down.

So now we have an ancient spirit guide (green Goddess), A Warrior Goddess (my Battleground Teela), a Sorceress (who will come in time), and Teela, captain of the Guard. Though I'm having BG Teela be Sorceress, I think it's not so much a stretch as it makes more sense than Teela's hair just turning blonde, and that being her "Sorceress" Garb.

At any rate, I'll be glad to have the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post
    Paul Justice, one of the most imaginative and well thought origins I've heard .
    I can't see it any other way, it makes too much sense, Snake Teela was a red head, and after she was cured became blond which led into NA. Battle Ground Teela having that pistol puts her in modern times, not in Vikor's unless it was brought from the future and Teela went back with He-man, which I'm sure she did not do.

Why He-man had that blaster in Preternia, I would think he would never bring something into the past that could alter history so greatly, but since he helped Grayskull and He-ro for many battles, that means he did not care.
    I don't now, I think ToyGuru needs to explain that, but he would just say its left up to our own interpretation anyway.

Battleground Teela will not be in my MOTUverse. She's a pass for me. But I am genuinely happy for everyone who wanted her in the line.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I think she's great to go next to Vikor. But specifically I've kinda decided that she is the "warrior goddess" teela (who to me is Teela Na, or more specifically the Pre Sorceress of course) who fit the He-Man (Oo-lar)/Man-At-Arms(unmustachiod Duncan)/Teela(now Battleground Teela/Teela Na) early comic days.

I like the idea that this team predated Adam He-Man. I prefered that Wun-Dar was the "Barbarian" He-Man of the minicomics, (as I had thought of him) but I'm great with this.

I like to think that Oo-Larr (if he indeed is the minicomic barbarian he-man) had adventures more or less with Duncan and this Warrior Goddess Teela-Na (who can be blonde, sure why not) before Duncan became the "Man-At-Arms" (as in he was still being tutored by Dekker) and before Teela-Na had to become the Sorceress.

And of course this fits with my "Teela-Na and Duncan fell in love, made love, and some time later Teela was born only for Teela-Na to have to fill her destiny and Duncan to raise his biological real daughter" story that I always believed and assumed from my childhood.

So even though she'll look tops next to vikor, and I'll probably have her there at first, I"m going to eventually have her next to my (eventually parts swap) "early" Duncan (non mustacioed with typical toy armour) and Oo-lar if they ever do him. Or even Wun-Dar can fill in (since that's how I liked him originally, what with getting what I think of as "his" maroon axe now).

Then I'll have Mustachioed Duncan with "Filmation" armour (either taken from the guards, or perhaps *cross fingers* duncan colour appropriate guard armour in Weapon pack 3) the Sorceress, Teela, and the rest.

I never liked that the Warrior Goddess was just teela in the snake gear. That all was muddied.

So this new stuff cleans it up, gives it a visual uniqueness I can use to soothe my definative brain.

Like how I love the Green Goddess because it legitimizes the Snake armour, which I always hated. Now I can use it, and it makes her and Teela that much more different. And of course I did the snake/spear swap to nail it down.

So now we have an ancient spirit guide (green Goddess), A Warrior Goddess (my Battleground Teela), a Sorceress (who will come in time), and Teela, captain of the Guard. Though I'm having BG Teela be Sorceress, I think it's not so much a stretch as it makes more sense than Teela's hair just turning blonde, and that being her "Sorceress" Garb.

At any rate, I'll be glad to have the figure.
    very well stated, sir.
    it makes much more sense this way.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    In my canon when I get her, BG Teela will be Vikor's ally/ right hand warrior woman and The Sorceress' and Teela's ancestor.

She'll be Teela's great, great, great, great, great grandmother!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I'm unoriginal. I'm going with the bio. I'm curious to see how this story unfolds. At least we're moving on from the stasis that was Teela being kept in the dark about the Sorceress being her mother.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    either pre-eternia warrior or oolars companion

I feel like she's Teela with different clothes. I don't understand why everytime someone is pictured in different costume it automatically has to be a clone or alternate reality or something ridiculous.

If I get her, I'll be giving her a bow and darkening her hair a bit, and she will be SHARELLA (from her original [possible] appearance on MEGATOR's box).

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonianMike View Post
    I'm blanking on the name of the episode. But it was early in the first season. There was a character who was friends with Teela and she was afraid of everything. The episode had a rock softner device MaA made. Teelas friend was tricked/conned into stealing it. I say that friend looks a lot like Battleground Teela.
    That was ILEENA from A Friend in Need.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    For me, she will be one of the champions that was chosen by the Goddess to protect the Sword of He until the rightful heir was born. After all, there's nothing that says that all of the protectors of the Power Sword and Grayskull were all men.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Vikor/Oolar's wife/companion. She fits in better with that period.
    Except for the laser pistol . . .

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Mine is a Valkyrie. Shield Maiden Sherlyn will also be a Valkyrie.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Snake armor Teela will be the BA Teela.
    BA Teela is another character that is Vikors companion.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Since I'm creating my own universe using very few figures (mostly due to a bad job life currently), she's the central character, with BG Evil-Lyn and DCUC's Giganta as her main villains. Even got her her own Battlecat from Power-Con.

Heroic Warrior
    "Valkyra" usually fights alongside Zodak, Roboto, Sy-Klone and the rest of my alternate Masters team.

She's best described as a mace-wielding, mead-swilling, fight-loving, tom-boy. She's far more rude and hot-headed than Teela and the source of her metahuman physicality is still a mystery to everyone.

Valkyra sees a lot of play in my collection.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; October 7, 2012 at 10:55pm.

I'm going with the bio. Got two of them and put the snake headress on one for a Sorceress Teela.

I actually wrote a fanfic of my BG Teela's Origin, Here is a sample:

In my MOTUverse, BG Teela is the daughter of Veena and King Grayskull (unbeknownst to him). Preferring to fight rather than the ways of magic, she tries to escape her fate in becoming the sorceress. She makes a deal with a Warlock to send her far into the future. She takes the place of 'red haired' Teela, and powerful magic is used to "write her into continuity", so as far as everyone in Eternia is concerned, she was 'the' Teela.

With memories of her former life obscured by powerful magicks, she lives her life normally. Suddenly all types of strange things start happening, spacial rifts, natural disasters, etc. Since time and space was altered, she caused space and time to rip apart literally! The magic spell cast by the Warlock was catching up to present time. He-Man and the heroes don't know what is happening, so they all go and visit the Sorceress.

The Sorceress discovers the truth about 'Teela'. They are all stunned to learn that time and space have been tampered with, and that the woman they know as Teela is actually not the 'Teela' they know. The Sorceress says that In order to stop the destruction of the fabric of reality, she must send the heroes back in time to convince Teela NOT to abandon her destiny to become the next Preternia sorceress of Grayskull. The price of this is the soul of Teela...the Sorceress must use Teela's life essence to cast the particular magic that can send them back so far into the past. Full of anguish at all the damage she has caused, Teela agrees to forfeit her life if it means saving their reality.

The heroes (He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Battlecat, Orko) go back in time, and manage to convince Teela to fulfill her special destiny. Time is repaired, and the normal continuity is restored. Nobody but the present day Sorceress knows that this whole set of events has occurred.

Exactly what she's supposed to be!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Other....

I just don't have a use or her, so I don't own or plan to buy her, I have my Teela.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Shaya, faithful Herald to the Power Lords!
    I now have multiples, so one of them gets to help bring the Power Lords into this line and scale!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I voted Other.

BG Teela has no place in my MOTUverse so I passed on her. I just dislike the figure as she looks bland, has an ugly face sculpt and for me Teela is not a blonde.