Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teela's father in my canon

Teela's father in my canon

I'll start by saying I am not a fan of Teela being a clone in MOTUC or the mini-comics. I like her to be the actual daughter of the sorceress.I like the idea of having Man-At-Arms as her adoptive father and not her real father as some like to have him in thier own MOTU universe. After thinking about it for a while I decided who I will consider Teela's real father in my own personal canon.

I know some people have assumed that Oo-Larr is the He-Man from the first four mini-comics since it has sort of been hinted at since he is called the jungle He-Man. Because of this many people have assumed that Tee-La is the Sorceress before she became the Sorceress and since Man-At-Arms has no mustache it seems like he is being depicted when he was younger.

I decided that I am going to consider Oo-Larr to be Teela's real father. I feel like this would make a lot of sense.

In the filmation episode "Teela's Quest" Man-At-Arms states that Ive told you, Teela, your father was one of the greatest men I ever knew. He gave his life in battle so Eternians could live in peace. I was honored to adopt you as my own daughter.

Also in the Golden Hardcover book "Teela's Secret", Man-At-Arms said I can tell you only this. Your true father was one of Eternias greatest men.

This to me would be a great connection of all of the characters. Tee-La (the Sorceress) fights alongside Ool-Larr (the jungle He-Man of the first four mini-comics) and they develope a romantic interest and Tee-la gets pregnant with Teela. The two Quotes by Man-At-Arms would fit Oo-Larr since he was a great warrior who used to be a He-Man and so far he has not been in any bios since Battle Armor Skeletor's where he drove him back behind the mystic wall after kidnapping Adora as a baby. So i would assume by the time Teela and Adam are older Oo-Larr probably died in battle since he is not mentioned as being around at that time anymore.

This would also explain why Man-At-Arms of all people adopted Teela. He fought alongside and was friends with both Tee-La and Oo-Larr and would give him a connection to both parents.

I know not everyone will like this idea but I know for me this is my favorite scenerio. I don't like the idea of her being a clone. I don't like the idea of her being the biological daughter of Man-At-Arms. I don't like the idea of her being the daughter of Fisto.

What are everyone's thoughts on this idea and those connections?

It is a interesting theory. I completely agree with you in the fact that clone argument is awful, and I watched somedays ago the episode Teela's Quest and remembered that phrase, which clearly appoints somebody dead to be her father.

Teela's Quest (whether the Filmation episode or the Golden Book) are very poignant. Though the clone story is cool because it's from the all-cool minis, I much prefer Teela being hatched out of one of Zoar's eggs for MAA to adopt - it packs a more emotional & mythological punch.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It's a fun story! I like that it ties into and makes sense with the Filmation end of things.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I had that exact same thought about Oo-Larr, nightboy. If Teela's dad is supposed to be one of Eternia's greatest men, you don't get no greater than "He-Man". Battleground Teela could have been a younger Sorceress...yet another path that they could have went with Battleground Teela, had Mattel not gone with the original mini-comic story of Teela being cloned.

Unfortunately, if Teela was born, she would have been Fisto's child, as Mattel likes to reveal secrets that were meant to stay secret in these bios. Since the fans hated that storyline, I guess we got the clone storyline instead.

While I love your scenario, if we can't have that, I like the mini-comic "rape" story better than Filmation's Teela coming from an egg. It makes Skeletor a pretty dastardly fellow to assault a woman and produce a child with her unwillingly. It also says alot about the Sorceress' character when she doesn't decide to kill the baby by reabsorbing her. Besides, the relationship is still the same--the only thing different are her origins.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 14, 2011 at 05:03pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While I love your scenario, if we can't have that, I like the mini-comic "rape" story better than Filmation's Teela coming from an egg. It makes Skeletor a pretty dastardly fellow to assault a woman and produce a child with her unwillingly. It also says alot about the Sorceress' character when she doesn't decide to kill the baby by reabsorbing her. Besides, the relationship is still the same--the only thing different are her origins.
    When did that happen? Did I miss something in all my lifetime of watching Filmation MOTU?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

In my fan-fic, the Sorceress is powerful enough to not need any nasty stuff from some dude, & reproduces via parthenogenesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    When did that happen? Did I miss something in all my lifetime of watching Filmation MOTU?
    We can assume that Zoar laid an egg, as Zoar is a bird. See:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=193465
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 14, 2011 at 05:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

I also like my scenerio of Oo-Larr being Teela's Father because its kinda cool that her mom fell for a He-Man and then Teela falls for the next He-man. It reminds me of how in the movie "The Mask of Zorro" Katherine Zeta Jones's character Elena was the daughter of the first Zorro and she later married the next man to be Zorro.

I think it would also make Teela even more powerful by birth to be not only the daughter and heir to the Sorceress but also the daughter of a He-Man.
    Last edited by nightboy1984; April 14, 2011 at 05:54pm.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It's a fun story! I like that it ties into and makes sense with the Filmation end of things.
    I agree, it's more logical and a better tie-in.

Teela as the daughter of Oolar the Jungle He-Man and Teela'Na the Sorceress, would be awesome allthough the clone-story is a gigant nod to the minicomics
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

I like "The Tale of Teela" mini-comic but i hate the clone aspect. I wish it had been changed so that Skeletor had attempted to kidnap the baby Teela after he found out the Sorceress had given birth to her in Point Dread instead of him cloning her at Point Dread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    We can assume that Zoar laid an egg, as Zoar is a bird. See:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=193465
    That's the problem with assuming things.

I think it's much easier to assume that the Sorceress (as Zoar the falcon) placed baby Teela in that nest as a safe place up high away from danger.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

That's the problem with assuming things.

I think it's much easier to assume that the Sorceress (as Zoar the falcon) placed baby Teela in that nest as a safe place up high away from danger.
    Wouldn't Castle Greyskull be a touch safer? LOL!

Not when the Sorceress took on her role of "the Sorceress" as seen in "The Origin of the Sorceress" episode. Certain sacrifices had to be made.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Not when the Sorceress took on her role of "the Sorceress" as seen in "The Origin of the Sorceress" episode. Certain sacrifices had to be made.
    Given that, it would be safer for Teela to be born outside Greyskull. And as Zoar is a bird, you might assume she lays eggs. With babies in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While I love your scenario, if we can't have that, I like the mini-comic "rape" story
    Go back to bed Frank Miller.

I don't like Teela being hatched from an egg.

In the filmation episode "Teela's Quest" the Oracle of the Crystal Sea stated that "Inside the nest was a baby girl. It was the sorceress's young daughter. With the passing of her husband she had brought the child to the mountain to raise her in peace. But after Mer-Man's attack the falcon knew that without a real home the child would never be safe".

This would lead me to beleive that Teela was not hatched out of an egg but instead just brought to the nest when she was born. As far as Castle Greyskull being safer apparently the Soceress didnt think so at first based on that quote, but then realized the nest wasnt the best idea after the Mer-Man attack.

That's a huge plot hole with that story. If The Sorceress had given birth to Teela normally, then she wouldn't have needed to make a nest and put Teela in it. Heck, even if she did give birth to Teela as Zoar, why leave the Castle? Wouldn't a baby be prey to all sorts of pterodactyls and other avian predators while she was away? She would be inside of a crib in Grayskull until she meets MAA somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Well, eggs have a lot of symbolic power (e.g. "cosmic egg") & I like that sort of thing.

But that's just me.

sorry guys, at this point I'm ready to totally kill anyone who disagrees with me LOLOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Go back to bed Frank Miller.
    Wouldn't Paul Verhoeven be better?

Bok, bok!

And yes, IN MY CANON™ is now a tag!

You think Teela's mom sat on her to keep her warm?

You think Teela's mom sat on her to keep her warm?
    The story is summat like this:

The Sorceress "It is time!"

Tranforming into Zoar, the Sorceress leaves the Terrifying Fortress of Mystery & Power - this is because it is so Awesome, huge, scary men can barely stand to go instead, nevermind new born babies, whose tiny minds would be shattered within moments of being exposed to it. Let's face it, no room in Greyskull is going to serve as a nursary. It contains the most Powerful Secrets, etc. etc.!!!

Zoar builds nest. Lays egg. Egg hatches moments later. Baby Teela inside. Man-At-Arms hears crying (the first time he or any other guy gets involved).
    "Mighty Zoar! etc etc!!"

Bingo.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 14, 2011 at 06:25pm.

I feel like this thread went from one about Teela's father to one about her being birthed or hatched.

Any other thoughts as far as my scenerio of Oo-Larr being a good candidate to be Teela's father?

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    I feel like this thread went from one about Teela's father to one about her being birthed or hatched.

Any other thoughts as far as my scenerio of Oo-Larr being a good candidate to be Teela's father?
    Boo-Larr!

It's parthenogenesis, all the way dude.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I really like this idea. I thought of it for my canon, except that I already had Keldor as Teela's biological father. But it works just as well for me, since I have Oo-Lar as Miro's cousin... or half brother, depending on how you look at it.

I've always preferred Teela to be a daughter rather than clone, because of how poignant the story is. Making her the daughter of two great warriors would add to her character and the ties of why Duncan adopted her.

Oo-Lar seemed like a noble figure, rather than Fisto, who in some versions was a man who got amnesia, disappeared, and became a deadbeat. Oo-Lar gets my vote.
    Last edited by Jon-O; April 14, 2011 at 06:31pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!