Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teela's father in my canon

Look here, the Sorceress is a barrier. She stops people from getting in. She isn't going to open the Jawbridge (remember that she can't leave Greyskull) & then open her - well, you know - for anyone.

And if Keldor did the deed, why isn't Teela a shade blue?

The Sorceress doesn't need guys - except the He-Guy. And he's bascially just another barrier.

Think of the vestal virgins.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 14, 2011 at 06:49pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    And if Keldor did the deed, why isn't Teela a shade blue?
    Teela isn't blue because for me, Keldor wasn't 1/2 Gar, but Randor's twin who turned blue from exposure to dark magic.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

As much as I don't like the idea of Keldor being Teela's father I will argue that just because one parent is one color and another parent is another does not mean the child will look mixed. I knew two brothers who had a black mother and white father and one child looked black and the other child looked white.

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    As much as I don't like the idea of Keldor being Teela's father I will argue that just because one parent is one color and another parent is another does not mean the child will look mixed. I knew two brothers who had a black mother and white father and one child looked black and the other child looked white.
    Good point... and no offense taken. I know it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Good point... and no offense taken. I know it's not for everyone.
    And I suppose TJaw is green but wears a blue suit?

Not that I'm a big "Gar" fan or anything.

And Orko's hands are blue, which is confusing. I think he could be wearing blue gloves though. Or got his hands on some dark magic?

This is getting complicated.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; April 14, 2011 at 06:49pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That's the problem with assuming things.

I think it's much easier to assume that the Sorceress (as Zoar the falcon) placed baby Teela in that nest as a safe place up high away from danger.
    I heard The Sorceress put baby Teela in a nest as bait to keep Screeech away from Castle Grayskull.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

As much as I'm not a fan of keldor being Teela's father, I know not everyone will be a fan of my idea that Oo-Larr should be her father. Same thing with her being born from an egg, or cloned, or born without a father, or Man-At_arms being her father, or fisto being her dad. Everyone has their own ideas and canon and it's always fun to hear what everyone has thought of and bounce ideas off of each other. I'm glad this thread has got some responses going and has people's thoughts flowing and talking about their different ideas in a friendly way.

It's cool to hear that other people had thought of the Oo-Larr theory too.

It's cool to hear that other people had thought of the Oo-Larr theory too.
    Well, you did add a lil' extra Ooh-Lala

At least he didn't throw Teela-Na into the fire when he was done boffin' her.

I kinda hope that we do not get a definitive answer in who Teela's father is. Speculating on who it is makes this so much fun. It's like speculating on the Clone Wars before they did the prequels. Letting you imagination run wild is part of the whole universe of collecting toys.
    Besides, I like how they did it in the MYP when Man-At-Arms is talking to the Sorceress and she says the soldier left her with a gift, his daughter Teela and Man-At-Arms says "My adopted daughter?" and she gives him no answer. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of mystery in our toy collecting.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Well there isn't much of a mystery in the MOTUC line as far as who Teela's father is. She was a clone according to the bios so she had no father.

Besides the mini-comic "The Tale of Teela" and MOTUC bios, was Teela considered a clone in any other stories?

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, i think of them all... I prefer the clone version the best.. or 'magical duplicate' if you prefer

It keeps the ancient all powerful guardian of grayskull in the 'untouchable' catagory... The idea of sorceress 'hooking up' with some random unknown guy and getting knocked up... makes me feel dirty. I'd like to think Sorceress Above that kind of thing...

however... The Oo-lar idea isn't bad. Almost gives some legitimacy to there being a he-man so close in the timeline... AND... between Veena/KG, Sorceress/Oo-lar, and He-man/teela... it makes the idea of the warrior and the guardian of Grayskull to be 'fated'...

Ohhh... and my own .02, I am NOT a fan of Keldor fathering teela... Anything that makes He-man and teela cousins is NOT a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It keeps the ancient all powerful guardian of grayskull in the 'untouchable' catagory... The idea of sorceress 'hooking up' with some random unknown guy and getting knocked up... makes me feel dirty. I'd like to think Sorceress Above that kind of thing...

however... The Oo-lar idea isn't bad. Almost gives some legitimacy to there being a he-man so close in the timeline... AND... between Veena/KG, Sorceress/Oo-lar, and He-man/teela... it makes the idea of the warrior and the guardian of Grayskull to be 'fated'...
    Good argument.

Ohhh... and my own .02, I am NOT a fan of Keldor fathering teela... Anything that makes He-man and teela cousins is NOT a good thing
    That's why I have two Teelas... One the daughter of the Sorceress, the other the clone of The Goddess and safe to marry...

Honestly, i think of them all... I prefer the clone version the best.. or 'magical duplicate' if you prefer

I never really thought of it that way but I agree.

I agree with this as well. I still don't even like Skeletor being He-Man's uncle. I feel the same way about Keldor that a lot of the Pre-Filmation mini-comic fans feel about Prince Adam. He was an addition to the canon that shouldn't have happened.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    As much as I dislike most of the 200x elements, one of the only things I did add to my cannon from that series was the Duncan/Fisto being brothers story and Fisto Being Teela's bio-daddy.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm going to get raked over the coals for this, but in my canon™, I like MYP's idea of Fisto being Teela's real father.
    ...so you're not the only one upinout202.

*runs & hides*

I can respect that some people like the MYP idea of Fisto being Teela's father. Like I stated before, everyone is entitled to their own ideas and storylines in their imagination. For me though I just dont feel like Fisto fits well with the sorceress. At least not in the MYP version. He's kind of a brutish idiot. Don't get me wrong I love Fisto's character and figure. I just feel like it would be like a rocket scientist dating a guy who shovels elephant poop at the circus. What would they talk about? Can you even imagine the awkward relationship they would have?
    Last edited by nightboy1984; April 14, 2011 at 10:28pm.

In MYP almost everyone is related.

I can respect that some people like the MYP idea of Fisto being Teela's father. Like I stated before, everyone is entitled t their own ideas and storylines in their imagination. For me though I just dont feel like Fisto fits well with the sorceress. At least not in the MYP version. He's kind of a brutish idiot. Don't get me wrong I love Fisto's character and figure. I just feel like it would be like a rocket scientist dating a guy who shovels elephant poop at the circus. WHat would they talk about? Can you even imagine the awkward relationship they would have?
    Agreed!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Sorry, just not a fan of this at all. First of all, I see no reason at all for there to be some Oo-Lar at all. I'm not sure why there has to be a attempt to reconcile every obscure bit of lore with Classics. "Oo-Lar" is He-man. He is just He-man before the line's mythos and direction was solid. What's next, are we going to start trying to incorporate the concept of Skeletor being from another dimension and wanting to open a portal so his race, who all apperently look identical, can invade?

To me, the only reason that Man at Arms isn't her real father in the cartoons is because of the social climate that existed when it came out. I don't think that it was good PR to have a single, unwed parent raising a daughter in a kids show. Sad as it maybe, I think that's the whole reason that this exists at all. I would rather not buy into that, because it's bad storytelling at the expense of "parental guidelines". So for me, man at Arms is her real father, and that's the end of that.

Sorry not trying to be critical of the Original Poster's ideas, which is interesting, and certainly better than Fisto being her father.

Man-At-Arms was her adoptive father even before the Filmation series. He was also her adoptive father in the mini-comics.

As said before my canon wouldnt please everyone and it seems everyone is divided in every direction possible as far as this topic. Just thought I would share another one to add to all the rest out there and thats why I specificly titled the thread "Teela's father in my canon".

As far as Skeletor and Infinitia I would actually like some sort of connection with him and that dimension. I don't think he needs to be from there but maybe he can attept to use powers from there or armies from there or try to take it over or something.

Man-At-Arms was her adoptive father even before the Filmation series. He was also her adoptive father in the mini-comics.

As said before my canon wouldnt please everyone and it seems everyone is divided in every direction possible as far as this topic. Just thought I would share another one to add to all the rest out there and thats why I specificly titled the thread "Teela's father in my canon".

As far as Skeletor and Infinitia I would actually like some sort of connection with him and that dimension. I don't think he needs to be from there but maybe he can attept to use powers from there or armies from there or try to take it over or something.
    I also like having a connection to Infinitia. For me, Hordak made Keldor look like the Infinitian skeleton men when he saved his life, using the life force of one of them. Now as Skeletor, he pretends to be one of these so no one knows he is in fact Keldor. Everyone knows of the original one who ran around years back, so he uses it to his advantage.
    Last edited by Jon-O; April 15, 2011 at 12:45am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Sorry, just not a fan of this at all. First of all, I see no reason at all for there to be some Oo-Lar at all. I'm not sure why there has to be a attempt to reconcile every obscure bit of lore with Classics. "Oo-Lar" is He-man. He is just He-man before the line's mythos and direction was solid.
    The great thing about Classics is that it merges the other eras into one big era. This is done in order to maximize the amount of figures that Mattel can make and market.

The Prince Adam He-Man isn't the only He-Man. I think the idea of Oo-Larr is great for the fans of the Pre-Filmation Era who were around collecting He-Man before he became a secret identity of some prince.

What's next, are we going to start trying to incorporate the concept of Skeletor being from another dimension and wanting to open a portal so his race, who all apperently look identical, can invade?
    Some fans like that idea better than Keldor. They don't like that Skeletor is related to He-Man or that he has reasons to be evil (the Eternians are racist, the kingdom is really his, Randor took his face, etc.).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I can respect that some people like the MYP idea of Fisto being Teela's father. Like I stated before, everyone is entitled to their own ideas and storylines in their imagination. For me though I just dont feel like Fisto fits well with the sorceress. At least not in the MYP version. He's kind of a brutish idiot. Don't get me wrong I love Fisto's character and figure. I just feel like it would be like a rocket scientist dating a guy who shovels elephant poop at the circus. What would they talk about? Can you even imagine the awkward relationship they would have?
    But that's assuming a lot. Was Fisto always a brutish idiot? Or did the years of being labeled a deserter make him angry & bitter?
    All we saw in that flashback episode was the Sorceress having the Florence Nightingale effect while nursing the guy back to health. For all we know it could have just been a booty call.

Really? Before Filmation? I don't remember that.
    Which mini-comic was that? I'd love to check it out.
    Last edited by marndt8448; April 16, 2011 at 08:53am.

In the mini-comic "The Tale of Teela" Man-At-Arms adopted the clone of the Sorceress and he was even the one to name her Teela after the Sorceress's name.

Thanks. I look forward to checking it out.

Man, I wish I would have had the foresight to have kept all those mini-comics.