Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Teela's father in my canon

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Maybe she couldnt give birth to Teela inside of Castle Grayskull. She gave up a lot as well as accepted a lot of responsibilities when she took on the task of being the Sorceress of Grayskull including not sharing the secrets of Castle Grayskull with ANYONE even an infant. Perhaps this is why she ended up in Man-At-Arms' care at a very young age.

This is the problem with you hyper anime fans that need everything spelled out for you. Use your avatar of the imagination™!
    We have imagination. That, my friend, is a plot hole, which every cartoon is capable of--even Filmation. The writers had to get the Sorceress to meet MAA, give him Baby Teela and involve Mer-Man somehow, so the writers had to avoid the common sense idea of having Baby Teela warm and snug safely inside of Grayskull to do this.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Maybe she couldnt give birth to Teela inside of Castle Grayskull.
    Since your "avatar of imagination" is more keen than us "hyper anime'ers" , would you care to offer any exposition as to why she "couldn't give birth to Teela inside Castle Grayskull?

She gave up a lot as well as accepted a lot of responsibilities when she took on the task of being the Sorceress of Grayskull including not sharing the secrets of Castle Grayskull with ANYONE even an infant. Perhaps this is why she ended up in Man-At-Arms' care at a very young age.
    And how exactly does an infant (who would one day inherit her mantle of keeping the secrets) somehow jeopardize the secrets? I don't know a single infant that remembers the hospital they were born in, so I doubt Teela would have any lingering memories of being born inside CG.

However, I think I'd HATE my mother, if I learned I was born in a tree like some freakin' bird.

This is the problem with you hyper anime fans that need everything spelled out for you. Use your avatar of the imagination! [/QUOTE]

Wow, so it's our job to write the story for the writers too? Bad enough I have to come up with my own canon for most of this stuff.

we "hyper anime'ers" get accused of over bashing Filmation, but the "antiquated cartoon nostalgists" constantly make excuses for why their childhood toon doesn't stand the test of common sense scrutiny.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Watch the "Origin of the Sorceress" episode rather than make assumptions. It's better than me trying to explain anything going off my poisoned memory.

Although maybe I will be able to soon. I've been watching my Filmation dvds again lately, gathering screenshots so I can battle the evil forces of MGM and his hyper anime henchmen.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Watch the "Origin of the Sorceress" episode rather than make assumptions. It's better than me trying to explain anything going off my poisoned memory.

Although maybe I will be able to soon. I've been watching my Filmation dvds again lately, gathering screenshots so I can battle the evil forces of MGM and his hyper anime henchmen.
    It's easily explainable imo. The Sorceress planned on giving Teela to Duncan to raise. She needed to be in the form of Zoar to leave Castle Grayskull to do so. She also didn't want anyone other than Man-At-Arms to know it's her daughter so she flew baby Teela to a remote location. There happened to be a nest for Teela to rest in since The Sorceress couldn't carry her & a cradle and it would be more comfortable than a rock.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

You're the evil one, Marzo. Says so by your name...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It's easily explainable imo. The Sorceress planned on giving Teela to Duncan to raise. She needed to be in the form of Zoar to leave Castle Grayskull to do so. She also didn't want anyone other than Man-At-Arms to know it's her daughter so she flew baby Teela to a remote location. There happened to be a nest for Teela to rest in since The Sorceress couldn't carry her & a cradle and it would be more comfortable than a rock.
    But the baby is stark naked? Man, is the Sorceress hardcore!

If she planned on giving Teela to MAA, couldn't she telepathically summon Duncan to Grayskull and give Teela to him there?

LOL, only on the .org can we have a discussion on whether Teela came from an egg or not.

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But the baby is stark naked? Man, is the Sorceress hardcore!

If she planned on giving Teela to MAA, couldn't she telepathically summon Duncan to Grayskull and give Teela to him there?

LOL, only on the .org can we have a discussion on whether Teela came from an egg or not.
    Not to mention, that explanation makes even less sense.... How would MAA going directly to the Castle, have been an issue? Who would see the transaction? Their enemies? The Masters fly to and from CG all the time.

Plus, what "enemies" were even around during the time of Teela's birth? Had Hordak and Skeletor stolen Adora at that time? If not, I really don't see what difference it would have made.

What were they gonna do, hi-jack MAA on his way back to the Palace?

In the meantime, a bird flew a baby to some remote location? And people are upset at the stork pic I posted....

I mean, seriously, what did the flight look like, if not this:

There's no swaddling left for the baby in the nest (why would Zoar have taken it away), so one of you Filmation experts, please explain what the trip looked like. How exactly did she carry baby Teela????

But they (the same enemies she was worried about back at the castle) couldn't just shoot Zoar and the baby out of the sky while she was en route to her ultra-secure NEST. A nest, BTW, if she didn't already build, then some other bird most likely did... How did she know no other bird (imagine how big a the bird must've been that built a nest that large) would come back? Clearly a bird big enough to build that huge a nest, would've been a bird of prey.

Yep, and she lays a helpless baby in a NEST for all enemies (Skeletor, Hordak, and the occasional WILD ANIMAL) to have their way with... And of course, since Filmation Sorceress can't leave CG in her human form, she'd be totally helpless to defend her baby should an attack occur.

So this is really the story that Filmation was trying to sell little children? We watch the drunken Stork on Bugs Bunny cartoons bring the wrong baby.... These same kids were also watching He-Man, and this same imagery is being carried right over... It's not like we saw Human sorceress holding baby Teela after the birth, and then transforming and "somehow" flying the baby to the nest. There's nothing in the depiction of events that makes logical sense to a CHILD viewer.

Riiiiighhhhtttt..... And why are we talking about this again? This is about as dumb as the idea of the "Easter Bunny" bringing EGGS in a BASKET to little kids.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; April 23, 2011 at 12:47pm.

Considering only one person is known to live at Castle Grayskull, whose baby would they think it was if Duncan was spotted leaving the castle with Teela in tow. That's why I said that The Sorceress took Teela to a remote location.

JOIN THE GROUP...

You're the evil one, Marzo. Says so by your name...
    Not in my paranoid, delusional CANON.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

lol!!!

Era Warrrrr!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

lol!!!

Era Warrrrr!
    Nahhh! You seem to have this one taken care of already.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Nahhh! You seem to have this one taken care of already.
    Throwing him to the wolves, eh?

LOL, at least us "hyper anime henchmen" stick together!!

Considering only one person is known to live at Castle Grayskull, whose baby would they think it was if Duncan was spotted leaving the castle with Teela in tow. That's why I said that The Sorceress took Teela to a remote location.
    The Cosmic Comet shows that The Sorceress is capable of transporting people to Grayskull from other locations. She could have done this with MAA, so Duncan didn't even have to physically come and leave from Grayskull.

I think Filmation Teela was hatched...like some mythic baby.

Era Warrrrr™!
    But there are no eras clashing. One group of fans think Teela was hatched, while the other group thinks Teela was born of woman rather than bird and was flown to the nest by bird.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 23, 2011 at 01:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally liked that MYP was introducing Fisto as Teela's father and wished they kept it that way. With that said, I assume that Fisto will be Duncan's brother in this canon, so at least he'll sort of be Teela's uncle still

I think Filmation Teela was hatched...like some mythic baby.
    What mythic baby was hatched from an egg? Besides, where was the eggshell if that's where she came from.

JOIN THE GROUP...

What mythic baby was hatched from an egg? Besides, where was the eggshell if that's where she came from.

http://partysupplieshut.com/cabbage-...y-favors-2.jpg
    There are actually Gods that were hatched from Eggs, via some mythologies. It's not unheard of, but no less far fetched.

As for the Egg Shell, there's no telling how long it had been since Teela was hatched. How long before real birds get rid of the shells of their chicks? Besides, we don't see any swaddlings either, so again I ask, how exactly did a bird carry a baby?

It'd be nice of any of the Filmation defense attorneys on here, could actually answer some of the Q's posed to them, instead of creating more Straw-Man answers that only serve to dig themselves further into a hole.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; April 23, 2011 at 01:15pm.

What mythic baby was hatched from an egg?
    Dewi Sri (Indian Goddess) and King Dongmyeong (Korean King) were said to have come from mythic eggs.

Besides, where was the eggshell if that's where she came from.
    Maybe Zoar got rid of the trash? One of the reasons people think Teela was hatched is because she is naked in that nest. No baby blankets or wrappings. That suggests to some that she was born in that nest...

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    As for the Egg Shell, there's no telling how long it had been since Teela was hatched. How long before real birds get rid of the shells of their chicks? Besides, we don't see any swaddlings either, so again I ask, how exactly did a bird carry a baby?
    By her ass cheeks? Ouch...
    I'd assume by her arms.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 23, 2011 at 01:23pm.

Dewi Sri (Indian Goddess) and King Dongmyeong (Korean King) were said to have come from mythic eggs.
    One of the Aztec Gods too... I can't remember his name right now.

Hey MGM, you know what I'm realizing? All these questions being asked, are merely diversionary. They don't really care what Gods were hatched from eggs, it's just that they will ask as many questions as possible, to avoid answering any of our Q's that we ask them. If you notice, they haven't answered ANY of ours, while we at least address all of theirs.

They don't acknowledge our Q's, because they know they don't have answers for them. It's the typical song and dance. The reality is, they don't want to be challenged on any of this. They just want to hold onto their nostalgia, no matter how much of a non-sequitor it is, and be left in peace.

Maybe Zoar got rid of the trash? One of the reasons people think Teela was hatched is because she is naked in that nest. No baby blankets or wrappings. That suggests to some that she was born in that nest...
    Not to mention, if she was there long enough to hide the egg or the swaddlings, then she (Teela) was there long enough to be HUNGRY. What, pray-tell, did the bird feed the baby?????

By her ass cheeks? Ouch...
    Or maybe by Teela's already fully grown-in hair?

Speaking of which, how many newborns have that full head of hair??? Not to mention, look at how big Teela is... She can't be a newborn. She's almost as big as the bird!!

I don't know a single hawk, falcon, Eagle, or whatever that can lift anything that size. Has anyone ever watched the Nature channel? Hawks have trouble barely lifting up small rodents off the ground. But to carry a baby that appears to be about 6 months old, to "a remote location"?

I'd be more convinced if it really was a stork.... Those birds are HUGE.

I'd assume by her arms.
    Wow, the more we talk about this, the more sickening it becomes. The Sorceress was right to give this baby up. With all the abuse being pointed out here, I'm surprised MAA didn't call the Eternian child services on this chick (get it, chick!! HAW!!)
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; April 23, 2011 at 01:30pm.

Since there isn't any Indian or Korean mythology used in MOTU, I highly doubt Teela was based on Dewey or King Donkeykong.

So let me get this straight. She was born from an egg but the eggshells just aren't there. She had to have been born from an egg since blankets aren't there. So one omission doesn't disprove your theory while another omission is proof that those who don't buy the egg explanation are wrong? Besides, Eternia must have a warm climate since so many people aren't wearing much clothing. Would you pack a baby in a blanket on a hot summer's day?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    One of the Aztec Gods too... I can't remember his name right now.

Hey MGM, you know what I'm realizing? All these questions being asked, are merely diversionary. They don't really care what Gods were hatched from eggs, it's just that they will ask as many questions as possible, to avoid answering any of our Q's that we ask them. If you notice, they haven't answered ANY of ours, while we at least address all of theirs.

They don't acknowledge our Q's, because they know they don't have answers for them. It's the typical song and dance. The reality is, they don't want to be challenged on any of this. They just want to hold onto their nostalgia, no matter how much of a non-sequitor it is, and be left in peace.
    One thing I've noticed is that with Filmation, the problem some MYP fans find is a lack of logic, whereas with MYP, the problem some Filmation fans find is a lack of style. I think both sets of fans are aware of their respective favored toons' shortcomings, but they don't care.

Or maybe by Teela's already fully grown-in hair?

Speaking of which, how many newborns have that full head of hair??? Not to mention, look at how big Teela is... She can't be a newborn. She's almost as big as the bird!!
    I took that as Filmation's way of letting the audience know that it was Teela. It's a cheat that I've seen various cartoons use so the audience can recognize the infant.

Since there isn't any Indian or Korean mythology used in MOTU, I highly doubt Teela was based on Dewey or King Donkeykong.
    Characters don't have to be a obvious race or ethinic group in order to utilize their influences. Procrustus is based on Atlas, for example, but doesn't look Greek. Hordak's face comes from an African mask. And the Filmation designers did have all sorts of influences in their designs and plots.

So let me get this straight. She was born from an egg but the eggshells just aren't there. She had to have been born from an egg since blankets aren't there. So one omission doesn't disprove your theory while another omission is proof that those who don't buy the egg explanation are wrong? Besides, Eternia must have a warm climate since so many people aren't wearing much clothing. Would you pack a baby in a blanket on a hot summer's day?
    No, but wearing nothing? Not even a diaper? That suggests that Baby Teela wasn't carried from Grayskull (where the Sorceress would have given her some covering before her flight), but was born in that nest.

Now was Filmation remiss in not drawing a diaper or eggshells?

Adam and Adora weren't naked. But arguably, the royal prince and princess probably wouldn't be naked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wait...

I think I know how this can work.

The Sorceress is something of an oracle. Maybe she learned through divination and meditation that a good foster father for her daughter would be out in the Crystal Sea on a particular day, but couldn't foresee who would show up (she also didn't know about Mer-Man spotting her making a nest). So she made the nest beforehand and flew Teela there that morning and waited for this man to arrive and take Teela. There would be no identifying blankets or garments to trace back to The Sorceress, even with Eternia's technology or magic.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 23, 2011 at 02:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It seems a lot of people like to attack other people's ideas and argue over which canon is "correct". I LOVE IT ALL! There are so many things I love about Filmation and so many things I love about MYP. I even love the toys, mini-comics, comics, books, fan-fics, fan-art, and customs. EVery aspect of MOTU and POP is great.

Of course I'm not going to love every detail of each canon and of course they aren't going to all mesh together in a perfect storyline 100% but that's where my imagination comes in to fit all the pieces together and make the storyline the way I want because as toyguru (scott) says "it's an avatar of my imagination". From these boards I can tell that everyone else has a great imagination as well and not everyone is going to like everyone else's ideas or theories.

There are definite plot holes to each and every canon and storyline such as the ones listed in this thread for Filmation and MYP but in all honesty they were just meant to make a good story for people to watch and enjoy. A lack of eggshells, or a full head of hair as a baby, or a hand in a cast not being big enough to be fisto's, or an eyebrow not being red... So what? Keep using your imaginations to look past those things that apparently the writers didn't feel necessary to spell out for everyone, because there is definately no lack of imagination anywhere on these boards and that's why it is so fun to visit here and see what everyone else has to say. But sometimes people seem a little harsh on each other.

With that said, this thread wasnt started to start any debates or for people to cast down other's ideas. It was started to spark the imagination on some ideas that people might not have thought of before...

Haha, don't take us too seriously, Nightboy. It was just a playful little Era War.

Teela just happens to be a good subject to start up an Era War on. I'm such an Era War instigator.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I know. My main point was whatever happened to just loving MOTU for being MOTU? Era wars are kind of ridiculous and plot holes are gonna happen in any story.

Sorry Nightboy. Sometimes my passion gets the better of me. I won't derail your thread anymore.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Haha, don't take us too seriously, Nightboy. It was just a playful little Era War.

Teela just happens to be a good subject to start up an Era War on. I'm such an Era War instigator.
    Yeah...me and Samurai36 vs you and Mr. Shokoti! Era War Tag Team Battle Royale!!

It's all good--we're all friends here! No disrespect intended! It was all fun debating!