View Poll Results: Panthor: Would you or would you not purchase him again if he was flocked?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with my current Panthor and WOULD NOT purchase a flocked version

105 62.13%
  • I'm not happy with my current Panthor and WOULD purchase a flocked version

19 11.24%
  • I didn't purchase this Panthor but WOULD buy a flocked one in a heartbeat

14 8.28%
  • Heck I'd buy anything MOTUC

31 18.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Panthor, would you buy another if he was flocked??

No. I only need on, and as it is with my subscriptions, I have two already!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Shouldn't this be in the polls section of the forum? I'd buy a flocked Panthor which is how he should have released in the first place.

If all of you flock lovers want a flocked Panthor; I hope you get them... In fact I won't buy it, so a flock lover can get him... As long as you don't interfere with my quest on the He-Mullet for LP He-Man, 200X He-Man, etc.(as an extra head)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If all of you flock lovers want a flocked Panthor; I hope you get them... In fact I won't buy it, so a flock lover can get him... As long as you don't interfere with my quest on the He-Mullet for LP He-Man, 200X He-Man, etc.(as an extra head)
    Deal!

Don't worry, I won't interfere with you by attempting to buy a He-Man w\fanny pack and hyper anime hair either.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Don't worry, I won't interfere with you by attempting to buy a He-Man w\fanny pack and hyper anime hair either.
    I don't know, Count M. I think which should do an intervention of behalf on DO4M to help him with that unhealthy need for that version of He-Man...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm a big sucker for this line, so I'd absolutely buy a flocked Panthor. That was my preference for him to originally be made. Although I don't have this version in my hands yet, I'm sure I'll still be happy with the unflocked version as well.

Well, so far these results show just what I expected.

*breaks arm patting self on back*
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I don't know, Count M. I think which should do an intervention of behalf on DO4M to help him with that unhealthy need for that version of He-Man...
    But an intervention would be a good action, oh evil one!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I only would've bought a flocked Panthor had it been offered before the unflocked one.

I have nostalgic ties to the vintage Panthor, but I would NOT buy a second version of him. I've already got two, because of my double subscription. I don't need a third.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Ya as much as my wife hates the fact Panthor is unflocked I wouldn't buy a new flocked version unless it was Bikin...I mean Battle Ground Panthor from a later time period- once the heroes are on the run from Skeletor. Maybe with some changes to the sculpt etc so I wasn't just buying a flocked figure I already have.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Flocked is what I wanted in the first place, so yeah. I've not yet seen Panthor in person (sub hasn't arrived), but I do have Moss-Man and I think he would be boring-as-hell if they made him unflocked.
    I agree. Unflocked Moss-Man looks so gross! Also, he's just "green Beastman." Flocking really brought Moss Man alive. If they did an unflocked, MYP Moss-Man in the bright green, I think that would look good.

Unflocked Panthor makes me sad though. I might like him in person, we'll see...but flocking always made him special.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Well, so far these results show just what I expected.

*breaks arm patting self on back*
    What did you expect to see, a lot of people who aren't willing to purchase two versions of the same character?

A lot of the people voting that they wouldn't buy a flocked one if released, actually prefer the flocked version but aren't willing to buy the same character for a second time.

This poll doesn't guage the popularity of flocked or unflocked, it guages the number of people who are willing to buy the exact same character for a second time.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    What did you expect to see, a lot of people who aren't willing to purchase two versions of the same character?

A lot of the people voting that they wouldn't buy a flocked one if released, actually prefer the flocked version but aren't willing to buy the same character for a second time.

This poll doesn't guage the popularity of flocked or unflocked, it guages the number of people who are willing to buy the exact same character for a second time.
    Oh, I don't know. Why don't we throw up a Poll about She-Ra 2.0? Or ask what happened with Grayskull 2.0?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    But an intervention would be a good action, oh evil one!
    Ahh, but me and Count Marzo are from Bizarro World so an "intervention" has a different meaning to us. An oh, so sinister meaning...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    if they made flocked versions of Panthor and Battle Cat I'd get them, then my DC 2-pack Skelletor and He-Man can have something to ride aswell

Although I do like my unflocked Panthor, I voted that I would buy a flocked one just for nostalgia's sake. I would then donate my unflocked one to my daughter. (It would make both of us VERY happy. lol)

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would not buy a flocked version simply because the plan would have been to get us to buy double the product.
    Even though "it's a great idea for a refresh somewhere down the line" item?

This was the answer I received when I asked Mattel about including gray Beastman feet on Stratos with the MOTUC vs. DCU Toys R Us two-pack before they were released.

It could've been done WITH the two-pack, but "it's a great idea" for pushing us to buy another single carded Stratos in the future.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    But the option that's far ahead is the "I'm happy with the current version and won't buy another" option.

For the record, if there's enough demand, I do believe he should be released flocked for those that want him. I can't imagine the flocking looking all that great considering the amount of articulation.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Why don't we throw up a Poll about She-Ra 2.0? Or ask what happened with Grayskull 2.0?
    I'm sure many, many people who already have She-Ra will be passing on the 2.0 version.

As for King Grayskull 2.0, that's a different ballgame all together. The 1st King Grayskull fetches over $100 easily, so most people don't have him. KG 2.0 allowed those fans the oppurtunity to get that character for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    But the option that's far ahead is the "I'm happy with the current version and won't buy another" option.
    Yes, that is true. But like I said, some of the people who voted for that option actually prefer Panthor flocked and just aren't willing to buy a second version of him. If they had their choice, they wouldn't have purchased the unflocked version.
    Last edited by dedset13; April 17, 2011 at 01:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very tempting but am happy with this one.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I love the Classics Panthor I have now, but I would also love to have a flocked version, in homage to the original.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'm happy with this Panthor version and I truly believe that flocking it will take away from it's awesomeness!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I did initially want a flocked Panthor. But the Panthor I just got is as tight as can possibly be. The odds of me getting another Panthor with joints this tight would be very low so I think I'll stick with the one I have.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I doubt I'd buy another, I love what we have already