Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Superhero & Comic Book Thread!!!

Re: the female super costumes, it really is all about the artist. Wonder Woman's costume, CAN look modest, or she can look like she's a hair away from a nip slip, depending on how she is drawn. Michael Turner draw Supergirl looking like a mangy crack ***** who'd never eaten in her life and loved mascara more than life itself and who apparently had straw growing out of her head.

Despite having to draw her in a ridiculously out of style belly tee (Hit me baby, one more time!- 1999), Jamal Igle managed to make her look modest. He drew her skirt almost knee length and clearly showed that she wore long shorts underneath, so no Paris/Britney/Lindsay/Miley peakaboo shots could happen and even though he had to keep the stupid belly tee, he at least lengthened it.

Igle's Supergirl looks well-fed, healthy and modest. She's indestructible, so she doesn't necessarily need to be completely covered for warmth or protection. And that hair is so luxurious she could do a Pantene commercial! It's all about the artist... in most cases.

NO ONE can make Star Sapphire's costume acceptable. I'm glad to see that trash going away. Starfire's is revealing but it's in keeping with her character, an uninhibited, free willed warrior woman. Plus, her suit, as revealing as it is, has never seemed trashy the way Star Sapphires does. And The Huntress' is just silly. A belly window? I am torn on Powergirl... I mean... that's practically a trademark!

Also, just what is their judgement barometer? Wonder Woman is still showing a lot more skin than her Justice League teammates. Are legs verboten, but not cleavage and shoulders?

I wonder if Martian Manhunter will have to cover up, he has the skimpiest outfit of them all.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Even though, when she was first brought back, Jeph Loebs wrote Supergirl as an unlikeable anti-hero, the girl of steel I know wouldn't dress the way Michael Turner first drew her(RIP). I do hope they keep the skirt though. It doesn't need to be really short, but it is so iconic, I feel it would be asinine to lose it. I can, for the most part, handle costume changes. Messing with Superman's(and Supergirl's as well) is one that I have a huge problem with. If any costume should be considered untouchable, it should be that of the "first superhero".

First Marvel had a problem with any character smoking but no problem with partial nudity, explicit violence, and overt sexuality(it's for the kids you know).

Now DC wants their women completely covered and chaste(did the Taliban acquire DC Comics?), but beheading them is A-OK...

I've had a problem with the level of violence in DC Comics recently, but at least it was kept to the inside of the books(I am still shocked about Black Adam using the entrails of a yeti to careen off a cliff; that's Saw-like violence). I am so worried that DC is becoming another JoeyQ's Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I wonder if Martian Manhunter will have to cover up, he has the skimpiest outfit of them all.
    Let's just hope it's not this...

According to BleedingCool(Rich Johnston is usually pretty accurate with his rumors), this DCU Reboot isn't anything forced on DC from Warner Bros. The idea for it is all from Dan Didio, Jim Lee, & Geoff Johns...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...ot-to-be-true/

I can definitely believe this was Didio's idea(JMS supports that as well http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...e-dc-relaunch/ ) and even Jim Lee's, but Geoff Johns? Why, Geoff, why?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 4, 2011 at 06:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I love how Captain Thunder/Shazam is now a Captain Planet-meets-He-Man. It comes full circle since the Filmation Adam-into-He-Man bit was based on Captain Marvel in the first place. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I can definitely believe this was Didio's idea(JMS supports that as well http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...e-dc-relaunch/ ) and even Jim Lee's, but Geoff Johns? Why, Geoff, why?
    Well do we know what involvement he had in this idea? I think many of us can attest to saying something or doing something that got us lumped into something that was significant in the decision but in ways wasn't that significant. He might be just helping shape the idea, he could be a catalyst, he could be a counter balance.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm still skeptical about this whole reboot that isn't a reboot, but at least Swampy is getting his own book again...

Swamp Thing #1

Here are a few others...

Nightwing #1

Catwoman #1 (the one character I'd like to see get a new costume doesn't)

Batman #1 (please let that guy with the mohawk not be The Riddler)

Detective Comics #1

Is Barbara Gordon back as Batgirl?

Batgirl #1

I don't know what I like least; the cast or the costumes of the new BOP?

Birds Of Prey #1

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 6, 2011 at 01:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Is that Black Canarie's new without fishnets outfit? And I agree even it is her not sure I like the complete over haul of the team.

I like the Catwoman goggles uniform, but I would also like based on her characters past if she switched it up every story. Seems like a feminine thing to do.

SWEET!!!

My favorite artist is writing & drawing my favorite superhero...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...aw-superman-1/

Let's hope it's as good as his Wonder Woman was 25 years ago.

Batman & Robin #1

With Damian Wayne still as Robin, it looks like DC is doing the exact same thing that made 1986's Crisis On Infinite Earth's reboot a mess. They aren't either just renumbering the books or giving the DCU an entire reboot. They're doing both. It looks like books by Geoff Johns & Grant Morrison are safe while all other books are potentially going to be rebooted/retconned/altered post-Flashpoint. I really wish they had the balls to go through with a reboot or left things well enough alone.

Didn't anyone listen to Marv Wolfman?

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=144263

More "Marvelization" of the DCU. The costumes look like something out of