Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The "Official" Superhero & Comic Book Thread!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Gail Simone was fired off of Batgirl by e-mail. The internet is enraged.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Gail Simone was fired off of Batgirl by e-mail. The internet is enraged.
    Did she report the email to the public? And why would DC do that? (Not that I put anything stupid past DC anymore, but I'm honestly curious what their thinking is.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I don't know it it has been released, her twitter is full of support. She said she got the email from the new Batgirl Editor. But she also told fans to stop with the angry emails.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So... Amazing Spider-Man #700 is out...

Is Peter Parker dead and replaced by Doc Ock in his body with a kind of empathy soul search for him and becomes Superior Spider-Man?

Really?
    I thought that "One More Day" was kind of silly...
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Spider-Man has been stupid for years, ever since "The Other" around 2005 / 2006, since then pretty much everything they have done with Spider-Man has had me going

this latest idea is just the latest nail in a coffin that is taking a long time to nail shut
    Last edited by wolfsfang; December 27, 2012 at 10:05am.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Spider-Man 700 is another example why I preferred the Ultimate version before they killed him off. It's like the 616 Spider-Man books are where the dumbest decisions are being made. I love Spidey as a character, but I can't read his book. Isn't this Spider-Man's version of Knightfall? Doc Ock is gonna relapse and Peter will return to take him down.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Spider-Man 700 is another example why I preferred the Ultimate version before they killed him off. It's like the 616 Spider-Man books are where the dumbest decisions are being made. I love Spidey as a character, but I can't read his book. Isn't this Spider-Man's version of Knightfall? Doc Ock is gonna relapse and Peter will return to take him down.
    Over his body? How come? Another celestial pact?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

even if this turns out to be temporary Spider-Man is dead to me. First they kill off Ultimate Peter and replace him with Miles Morales who will never be Spider-Man to me and now they kill off 616 Peter and replace him with...Doctor Octopus!?! Sure he is in Peter's body and is calling himself Peter and trying to be a better Spider-Man but to hell with that crap, he isn't Peter and he isn't Spider-Man and I am tired of Marvel killing Peter Parker.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    even if this turns out to be temporary Spider-Man is dead to me. First they kill off Ultimate Peter and replace him with Miles Morales who will never be Spider-Man to me and now they kill off 616 Peter and replace him with...Doctor Octopus!?! Sure he is in Peter's body and is calling himself Peter and trying to be a better Spider-Man but to hell with that crap, he isn't Peter and he isn't Spider-Man and I am tired of Marvel killing Peter Parker.
    I agree.....but I had to have the issue. Hopefully they bring him back...though I don't know how they can....unless time travel, or the soul in the machine kinda thing, or it was just a dream, ect

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I agree.....but I had to have the issue. Hopefully they bring him back...though I don't know how they can....unless time travel, or the soul in the machine kinda thing, or it was just a dream, ect
    Although, the Deus Ex Machina resource is beyond the damage done. It is worse than those 90's comics when many main heroes were replaced by a second tier.
    I was reading Slott's explanation about the swapping brain waves and I feel ashamed of being a comic fan. Alan Moore sentenced that comic books, among other media, are dying since they are regurgitating on the same 5 ideas presented a long time ago in a different color with more miscellaneous decorations

My feedback thread

Ya the damage is done. Even if it gets retconned in a few months I think a lot of ppl will be so ****** off it happened at all they will have lost all confidence in Marvel and will never come back

Ya the damage is done. Even if it gets retconned in a few months I think a lot of ppl will be so ****** off it happened at all they will have lost all confidence in Marvel and will never come back
    People said that about the Clone Saga, One More Day and now this. Spider-Man always bounces back, but then the bad writing returns. For me, all of those continued events stopped me from picking up 616 Spider-Man because of how terrible the ideas are.

Benny has a good idea where he collects back issues. Back issues are pretty much around the same cost as modern comics, maybe less.

ya but usually the bad ideas were once every so often with great stuff in-between. With Spidey recently it has been crap after crap after crap for years which just makes it even worse imo

LOLLLL Nice

1356586150214.png
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    LOLLLL Nice

1356586150214.png
    LOL.....guess that about sums it up Personally, I'd be a little Po'd if I created one of the longest running and most successful and recognizable superheros of all time only to have some puke kill him off after 700 issues in the most rediculous way possible.....but that's just me. And maybe someone can answer this...but who is "Martin"? in "Spider Dream" the kid keeps saying Great Grandpa Martin. I fail to remember a Martin being Spider-man.

LOLLLL Nice

1356586150214.png
    Couldn't have said it better

Really are they running out of ideas like Hollywood has?

Is the new "in" thing to kill a superhero or change their sexual orientation???

LOLLLL Nice

1356586150214.png
    Is that actually real or just a joke? Personally, I'm ok with hero's passing the mantle to the next generation--think it would prevent the same story routine (See Spidergirl (May Parker) and Batman Beyond). But, Doc Ock taking over as Spiderman makes no sense whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Is that actually real or just a joke? Personally, I'm ok with hero's passing the mantle to the next generation--think it would prevent the same story routine (See Spidergirl (May Parker) and Batman Beyond). But, Doc Ock taking over as Spiderman makes no sense whatsoever
    it is very real. Doc Ock is now Peter Parker / Spider-Man and Peter Parker who was in Doc Ock's body is now dead

to say this ****** me (and a lot of other people) off is to put it mildly

because according to Dan Slott

"[Superior Spider-Man] is Doc Ock getting a second chance at life, and not just any kind of second chance: He gets to be this young, athletic, handsome superhero with a great job and respect, who is a member of the superhero community. He gets to be accepted in ways that Otto Octavius never was."

2 things wrong with that

1. Doc Ock does not deserve a second chance

2. If he did it should not be at the expense of someone else, especially not Peter
    Last edited by wolfsfang; December 28, 2012 at 07:45pm.

Wow this is pretty dumb. Body swap? DC has been getting a lot more of my money than Marvel recently, I've only been buying Deadpool (cause of Val) & I guess that trend will continue. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm already sad I paid $8 for the variant white cover, & my shop is holding the regular cover as well. I was going to have Stan Lee sign it in July, but now I think not. Back issues here I come.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Wow this is pretty dumb. Body swap? DC has been getting a lot more of my money than Marvel recently, I've only been buying Deadpool (cause of Val) & I guess that trend will continue. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm already sad I paid $8 for the variant white cover, & my shop is holding the regular cover as well. I was going to have Stan Lee sign it in July, but now I think not. Back issues here I come.
    The regular version is priced at $7.99 so don't feel too bad

Suddenly the Clone Saga doesn't sound that bad...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yeah He-Dad I know I just meant I really liked the regular cover more. I was going to get both, but $16 for "Freaky Friday" starring Spidey, no thanks. I guess I'll see if they let me swap the variant for the regular cover.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Yeah He-Dad I know I just meant I really liked the regular cover more. I was going to get both, but $16 for "Freaky Friday" starring Spidey, no thanks. I guess I'll see if they let me swap the variant for the regular cover.
    Freaky Friday......I like it....... As for covers, I agree....one of the rare times that I liked the regular over many of the varients. My comic shop usually charges more for varient covers so I rarely if ever get them. Hope they let ya just swap...they may make out on the deal!

So is anyone here plan on supporting "Superior Spider-man" or are you waiting for the "Return of Peter Parker" issue?

it is very real. Doc Ock is now Peter Parker / Spider-Man and Peter Parker who was in Doc Ock's body is now dead

to say this ****** me (and a lot of other people) off is to put it mildly
    I know they're doing this "swap" with Peter and Doc Ock, I was wondering if that tweet (or whatever it is ) was really posted by Stan Lee. If it is, that's kindof crazy that he's upset enough to call a writer out on something (don't think I have ever seen that before).

I have been reading the OLD Avengers, over Christmas I finished a HUGE amount cover about 100 issues (I started in July, not 100 this last week) from the re-birth of Wonder Man (early 100s) to the early 200s...taking a break...Trying to decide if I want to go back to the very first issue, or continue on...or just switch to the Fantastic Four DVD which I got more recently this year for just $11 at Tuesday Morning!!! man, dirt cheapness for 40 years of one of the greatest comic series of Marvel.
    Maybe I should go over to my friend's house and catch-up on the New 52 DC...maybe by now the WildC.A.T.s have their own series. I forced myself to read all of the Voodoo comics and Grifter to find any clues of the coming New 52 version of one of my fave teams.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/