Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Superhero & Comic Book Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That's due to the Marvel Zombies who keep buying Marvel no matter how happy or unhappy they are with their books. Compare how many awards Marvel has been nominated for or actually won recently next to DC.
    Yeah, that's probably true.
    But this whole industry is afloat because of fanboys buying comics that aren't good from both publishers.

And aren't most of DC's awards for Vertigo?
    Rightly so, of course... Vertigo is the tops!
    That said, critical acclaim is nice... but Joey and Dan care much more about sales than Eisners.

Besides, my comment had less to do with Marvel's quality and more about what a sleazy narcissist JoeyQ is. He's up there with Oprah, Donald Trump, and Stan Lee in how much attention he demands.
    Well, I can't really speak to that...
    I guess I don't pay much attention to him.
    Bill :: guitargod694

R.I.P. Ambush Bug!!!

This is what I was afraid of. The DC Universe used to wear it's superhero fun on its sleeve and was unashamed of it unlike some of the competition. All of these "Image Comics costumes" made me a little nervous, but I was still hoping it would feel like the DCU even if it didn't look like it. This answer of Dan Didio's that appeared in a Q&A on AintItCool today has me positive that Paul Levitz is needed again to keep Didio in check...

BUG: Okay. Alright, so I have to ask with my pen name on AICN and all of that. Will Ambush Bug have a place in the new DC Universe?

DD: You know, I’m sorry. We have a lot of fun working with Ambush Bug, but we think he might be left in one of the other 52 different universes right now. We don’t expect to see him any time soon I the new DCU.

Sure, Ambush Bug didn't need to have his own title as one of the 52 DCU relaunched titles, but now he's not even a part of this universe? If that's true, I'm sure these characters are gone for good as well(or at least until Didio & Jim Lee leave)...

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I guess it could have been worse they could have made him into a Deadpool clone (not that Deadpool is a bad character).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I guess DC has been too focused on the costume updates to actually communicate with the talent.

First they didn't even properly communicate with Brian Clevinger that he wasn't hired for the Firestorm relaunch but was only pitching for it along with other writers...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fes-a-pitch%2F

...and now Gail Simone has tweeted this...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20049993318401

I don't know if she was planning on using those characters or if she's just kidding about being out of the loop? I'm scared this is going to be as bad a mess as Countdown was but on a much grander scale.

Also, why the hell wasn't this guy given his own book?

Is there a method to the "madness" of DC's relaunch & redesign of the Superman family?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...n-copyright%2F

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ultiversity%2F
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 10, 2011 at 05:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I haven't read too much into the whole legal thing with Superman, what are the Siegel and Shuster copyright holders wanting out of all this?

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I haven't read too much into the whole legal thing with Superman, what are the Siegel and Shuster copyright holders wanting out of all this?
    Supposedly they want to reclaim the rights to Superman. Although, if the 2 articles below are to be believed, the 2 families are being manipulated by their lawyer, Marc Toberoff, since he seems to want control of Superman for himself...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...rc-toberoff%2F

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...olen-document/

Why do Superman & Superboy look drastically different on every cover they appear on???

Justice League #1

Superman #1

Action Comics #1

Teen Titans #1

Superboy #1

BOY!!! The 90's must be back...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cially-back%2F

Extreme Comics is coming back in full force to Image Comics.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 10, 2011 at 06:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

BOY!!! The 90's must be back...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cially-back%2F

Extreme Comics is coming back in full force to Image Comics.
    Hahahaha... awesome.
    I'm sure that will go about as well as the Youngblood relaunch (relaunches?)

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Hahahaha... awesome.
    I'm sure that will go about as well as the Youngblood relaunch (relaunches?)
    He just took over for Joe Casey's Youngblood relaunch from a couple years ago and was going to write & draw it from that point on. As usual, I think only one issue was put out. Although, he's in good company since Image United(the Image Comics mini-series featuring all of the Image founders' characters) has still only put put 3 issues in as many years.

I wonder how many issues of Hawk & Dove Liefeld will get out since, supposedly, Didio has made the rule that if 3 issues aren't completed by August, new talent will be put on the relaunch books. I'm also curious whatever happened to Liefeld's Killraven series at Marvel...

It's been about 4 years since it was announced. Maybe he had a falling out with JoeyQ and that's why DC is giving him another shot after his 2 issues of Gail Simone's Teen Titans never led to anymore assignments.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Superman's look, really we don't see below his waist in the Justice League cover. The random lines are kind of in both versions of the chest and arms but. And I had to wiki what Liefeld was up to since I only remember him doing a cover for the Cable series after Messiah Complex was done.

Superman's look, really we don't see below his waist in the Justice League cover.
    The "S" is different on Jim Lee's which is pretty stupid considering all of the merchandise that is already out there(T-shirts, car decals, aire fresheners, tattoos, coffee cups) with what is now considered the "classic" S shield. I wonder if they reconsidered or, as I said above, communication breakdowns are becoming too commonplace for such a big undertaking as this DCU relaunch seems to be.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The "S" is different on Jim Lee's which is pretty stupid considering all of the merchandise that is already out there(T-shirts, car decals, aire fresheners, tattoos, coffee cups) with what is now considered the "classic" S shield. I wonder if they reconsidered or, as I said above, communication breakdowns are becoming too commonplace for such a big undertaking as this DCU relaunch seems to be.
    I see some similarity between the two shields. Really the top of S is the only big difference I notice.

He just took over for Joe Casey's Youngblood relaunch from a couple years ago and was going to write & draw it from that point on. As usual, I think only one issue was put out. Although, he's in good company since Image United(the Image Comics mini-series featuring all of the Image founders' characters) has still only put put 3 issues in as many years.

I wonder how many issues of Hawk & Dove Liefeld will get out since, supposedly, Didio has made the rule that if 3 issues aren't completed by August, new talent will be put on the relaunch books. I'm also curious whatever happened to Liefeld's Killraven series at Marvel...

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/...297/detail.jpg

It's been about 4 years since it was announced. Maybe he had a falling out with JoeyQ and that's why DC is giving him another shot after his 2 issues of Gail Simone's Teen Titans never led to anymore assignments.
    Oh yeah... I forgot about the Killraven series. Wasn't Robert Kirkman writing that?
    It may have gone away with Kirkman's 'manifesto' about doing creator owned stuff and his move full-time to Image.

I think Rob has done stuff for Marvel since that was announced (Onslaught stuff, mostly... yuck. ) so I doubt it was a falling out.

I see some similarity between the two shields. Really the top of S is the only big difference I notice.
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. I'm really bad with details and have often had to have any changes done to superhero costumes(various changes made to Wonder Woman, Flash, etc) or MOTUC toys(from the time of pre-production to what is finally released) pointed out to me, but I noticed the change in Supes' S immediately. Based on the various comic sites I've browsed since this relaunch was first announced, I'm not the only one.

JOIN THE GROUP...

We're just going to have to agree to disagree then. I'm really bad with details and have often had to have any changes done to superhero costumes(various changes made to Wonder Woman, Flash, etc) or MOTUC toys(from the time of pre-production to what is finally released) pointed out to me, but I noticed the change in Supes' S immediately. Based on the various comic sites I've browsed since this relaunch was first announced, I'm not the only one.
    It's possible I am just numb to it having seen various variations from fan work and all. That and I didn't immediately go for the shield when I first looked

Grant Morrision's video address from last weekend's Hero Complex Film Festival where he talks about his upcoming run on Action Comics...

I'm LOVING the cover to Frankenstein Agent Of SHADE #1...

Where are Iceman & Firestar? Also, why is Marvel giving Red Hulk more books than the Jolly Green Goliath?

I guess this DCU Reboot is still going through some fine tuning. A character, who Dan Jurgens said was new, has now disappeared from the cover of Justice League International #1 that was released yesterday...

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 16, 2011 at 03:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I guess this DCU Reboot is still going through some fine tuning. A character, who Dan Jurgens said was new, has now disappeared from the cover of Justice League International #1 that was released yesterday...
    Good thing they need to have 3 issues done before this all starts eh?

That also doesn't ruin the balance of the cover either.
    /sarcasm

Apparently a comic book is getting made based on Steve Jobs. This should be the best selling comic due to all Apple fanpersons.
    Last edited by wyldman11; June 14, 2011 at 07:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Boy does Sesame Street stay topical! Here is their version of the Spider-Man musical(problems & all)...

While DC seems to listen to its readers a lot more than Marvel, I'm wondering if that also gives them a rep of being extremely dysfunctional. It seems that the reboot costumes we've been seeing are not yet "final"...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ll-changing%2F

Artist Cully Hamner said on in the comments section of his blog yesterday that Wonder Woman's costume, among others, is not the final look and may not be quite as different from her iconic look as you might think.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 16, 2011 at 01:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Could be, based on the comments of Superman and Action Comics being kind of history, that the characters are first shown in a costume that will help the reader see flashback type timelines.

For the record, this cover...

...is fake. It's not from DC, but from artist Jeremy Robert's DeviantArt page. Hopefully DC's rebooted Superman's "official" costume design is better if it receives any tweaking.

Has anyone read Alpha Flight #0.1 or #1 released recently from Marvel?

I'm not currently buying Marvel Comics at all, but I am so tempted to try these due to my lifelong love of Alpha Flight.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 16, 2011 at 03:52am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's a crazy photoshop job. They made the explosion area around the League even blurrier to make it consistent with the area with the missing member. The original explosion has crisper lines. I guess a blurb is going to go in it's place.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

If you wondered why the upcoming DC Universe Classics Wave 9 S.T.R.I.P.E. toy from Mattel...

...looked so different from its comic interpretations...

...and couldn't guess, it's because of the DCU "reboot".

From the AskMatty Q&A on JoeAcevedo.com...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAcevedo
    3) Why was S.T.R.I.P.E. not designed as he appeared in the comics? Would the Buzz Lightyear styled body not fit in the package?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    We actually worked closely with DC comics to premier S.T.R.I.P.E.’s new look in our toy line first. You will see this look in the comics in the not too distant future.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ne15-2011.html

It makes sense since Stars And S.T.R.I.P.E. was the first thing Geoff "Mr. DC" Johns ever did in comics(Stars was even based on his sister who passed away). You won't find me complaining since not only do I love the characters, it probably also means we'll eventually see the Justice Society Of America return.

Some more of the new costume designs from DC's "rebooted" universe.

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 17, 2011 at 11:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

The "Pants" redesign for Wonder Woman cracked me up.

In a recent interview they said that Power Girl DOES still exist in nuDC and will in fact cameo in one of the 52 books. So I guess that's some hope for the rest of the JSA.

Just noticed something interesting in Aquaman's pants.

Just noticed something interesting in Aquaman's pants.
    Ha ha! I missed that when I first saw it!

Has anyone read Alpha Flight #0.1 or #1 released recently from Marvel?

I'm not currently buying Marvel Comics at all, but I am so tempted to try these due to my lifelong love of Alpha Flight.
    I'm very tempted. I love Alpha Flight vol 1 so much (well, up until the last few issues when it just went dumb). And I am hopeful due to Snowbird getting such a nice portrayal recently in Hercules and its spin-offs.

I have to wonder why they even bothered to bring Mac back though. Byrne created him to be killed off, and I never felt he was needed for the group to be "complete".