Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Superhero & Comic Book Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    In a recent interview they said that Power Girl DOES still exist in nuDC and will in fact cameo in one of the 52 books. So I guess that's some hope for the rest of the JSA.
    I knew JSA would come back again in some compacity(it was one of Johns' best books at DC), but that's nice to know that Power Girl is still around. Now I just need to know about Blue Devil & Krypto so I can get a good night's sleep again.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Just noticed something interesting in Aquaman's pants.
    I noticed it after I posted it and became a tad nervous that it would be taken down. Since it is just a harpoon in his pants and not a "harpoon", I think I'm safe.

I'm very tempted. I love Alpha Flight vol 1 so much (well, up until the last few issues when it just went dumb). And I am hopeful due to Snowbird getting such a nice portrayal recently in Hercules and its spin-offs.
    As a kid, I was never really into team books except for Alpha Flight and Keith Giffen's Justice League. I agree that Alpha Flight ended with a whimper, but, overall, that run was amazing. All the kids my age were going nuts for the X-Men, but it was the Canadian spinoff that I loved. The new book's writer Greg Pak has written things that I've liked before(he's definitely more Dan Slott imo than Brian Bendis or Mark Millar), but I'm not sure if I love what I've seen of his resurrected Marrina. Although, if you consider what was done with her recently(Norman Osborn made her a monster and her husband Namor ripped her head off & tossed her corpse through a window), it could be a lot worse.

I have to wonder why they even bothered to bring Mac back though. Byrne created him to be killed off, and I never felt he was needed for the group to be "complete".
    I never knew Mac was created just to be killed off, but since it happened so early in the original series' run, I guess it makes sense. I have problem with Mac sticking around, but Heather will always be the leader of the team imo.

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 22, 2011 at 02:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I noticed it after I posted it and became a tad nervous that it would be taken down. Since it is just a harpoon in his pants and not a "harpoon", I think I'm safe.
    I almost made several jokes like is that a harpoon in... why yes it is. Or being totally lame and saying he looks a bit hooky while Superman looks horny.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Even though this is all over the internet, I felt I should add it here. The full lineup for Geoff Johns & Jim Lee's rebooted Justice League. While I'm ecstatic about The Atom, Green Arrow(forget the JLA's "big 7"; Ollie will always be the 8th member of the "big 8"), Hawkman, Mera, and Firestorm being on the team, I feel it is a huge ****-up to leave J'onn J'onzz off of it. That's just as stupid, imho, as replacing Wonder Woman with Black Canary as one of the founding JLA members post-Crisis in the 80's.

I've also heard talk that the girl on the right is either Black Canary or Zealot, but I wonder if it's Miranda from the Flashpoint Frankenstein series...

While I would have preferred Black Canary, Zatanna, or Vixen, that could be cool to have "Buffy" on the team.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ugh...those costumes...

The costume I like the best is Aquaman. Batman, GL and the Flash could be good if they removed some of those lines. WW needs her gold and her bathing suit back. Silver is Donna's thing. And that "corny underwear" broke up Superman's torso nicely.

Superman and Batman share the same buck.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ugh...those costumes...
    I hate that Cyborg is more machine than man now(I've always loved that character), the added lines on all of the costumes(it makes drawing them more complicated for no reason at all), the red belt on Superman(leave it yellow), and the missing trunks(they seem naked now), but the pic doesn't look that bad. If this was a part of the Earth One series, I'd be all for it.

The costume I like the best is Aquaman. Batman, GL and the Flash could be good if they removed some of those lines.
    Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Flash work since they are basically unchanged other than a few lines & some differences in texture(I hate Captain America's "pinecone armor" these days but it almost looks OK on Arthur in that picture).

I know it makes no sense for a guy who stays in the shadows & it's quite cheesy, but I hate that after just getting it back, Batman's yellow symbol is gone again.

WW needs her gold and her bathing suit back. Silver is Donna's thing.
    I agree about wanting Diana's bathing suit back. I hate to say it, though, but the new costume looks better to me minus the jacket & with the silver(at least in this picture it does). I know gold is Wonder Woman's color, but the silver works for me.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Yeah I find it interesting that they seem to be responding to critics, in this case the point and laugh kind who probably aren't ever going to buy a comic as they will find something else to point and laugh about. In doing that though they break off the parts of the costumes that were done to break up the costume so they are forced to put odd linework on the characters to break up it up instead.

It just seems like they are letting the wrong people dictate their direction.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

JOIN THE GROUP...

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    So that was really just amazing. Really clever. Now I want that weird drink.

So any of the dc relaunch stuff pique your interest? I like the new horror stuff that is coming out. I'm just not sure about the DCnU.

Anyone else love the Flashpoint stuff? I've picked up all the minis and one shots. The only couple I didn't think were very good were the Reverse Flash, just rehashing stuff from the Flash comic, and the Lois Lane book which just kinda happened.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

I think this DC Relaunch has failure written all over it since there really aren't many new comic readers. There's basically just DC readers & people who don't read DC. Since most of the people who don't read DC are staunch Marvel fans who still spout the usual "facts" about DC(the heroes have no personalities; the comics are written for little kids; everyone has the power of a god) no matter how hypocritical or untrue they may be, I just can't see DC gaining many new readers. I also see them losing a lot of their current readers.

Having said all that, I'll give it a chance. I may not like most of the new costumes(I also find them extremely unnecessary since that wasn't what was hurting DC's sales in the first place), but I do like that they are trying to cover a bunch of different genres(albeit with a superhero slant). The Frankenstein & Demon books look cool.

I have all of the Flashpoint books but haven't read all of them yet(although I've flipped through all of them). I like what I've read so far. It's just that, in light of the reboot, I'm not as excited about this as I once was. It's like watching a movie even though I already know how it's going to end.

While it wasn't a secret that the rebooted JLA was going to be dropping the A, here's final confirmation in the form of the new book's logo...

...I'm definitely not a gung-ho all American elitist, but is there really a reason to drop the America in the title(especially when there's going to be a Justice League International book as well)? I really hope it's not for some asinine reason like attempting to please countries who have a bit of disdain for ours.

As for the logo itself, I find it extremely bland. In fact, I haven't been real fond of any of the logos released so far except for Resurrection Man...

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 29, 2011 at 12:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

As for the logo reveals, the odd thing to me is that the JL cover is at the bottom and Batwoman's is in the middle. (But then again, Batwoman is a more stylized book overall.) I may be over-thinking it, but most comic shops still merchandise books with just the upper half showing, so once again, this seems like a jab at LCSes and like they want everyone to switch to digital. But yeah, like I said, maybe I'm over-thinking that.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-dc-relaunch/

There will be a DC Reboot Protest at SDCC.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-dc-relaunch/

There will be a DC Reboot Protest at SDCC.
    Besides the fact that the 130 people mentioned aren't enough to persuade DC, the main reason DC is even doing this is because their sales are down. This is why comic fans have a bad rep no matter how many superhero movies are successful with the "mainstream" public. This is a waste of energy imo.

I should also add that, even though I don't love everything I've seen from this "reboot", give it a chance before you condemn it as garbage.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 29, 2011 at 09:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Besides the fact that the 130 people mentioned aren't enough to persuade DC, the main reason DC is even doing this is because their sales are down. This is why comic fans have a bad rep no matter how many superhero movies are successful with the "mainstream" public. This is a waste of energy imo.

I should also add that, even though I don't love everything I've seen from this "reboot", give it a chance before you condemn it as garbage.
    There's a Facebook page mentioned in the article. The protest is supposed to be an hour long. Not all day. Not all convention long. Guess the geeks complaining need to go to their panels too.

I have a feeling most comic book fans don't realize despite the fact they don't think they are that bad, the general public sees them as the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    Eh... I kinda want to watch this exercise in futility but I'm not wasting my time. I agree that we should at least see if it's any good (which I doubt) before we start trashing it. I love the fact that they are launching new books like JLDark, Frankenstein, and the new DC Universe Presents (always loved anthology books.) I will miss a couple of books like Secret Six and Gotham City Sirens.
    As for the logos the only one i really dislike is the OMAC one.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

I know I've basically turned this thread into "all NuDCU, all the time", but feel free to bring up other comic related things some of you may want to talk about...

* The upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic with Kevin Eastman returning.

* Marvel's soft reboot of the Ultimate Universe.

* Archie Comics' new Mega Man comic.

* Are there any Vertigo books you like?

* What's the best superhero movie so far this summer?

Since this is the only forum where I actively participate in, I wanted a place to talk about comics as well. I know there are a lot of comic fans on this site. I didn't want this thread to basically become my place to rehash news I found online or where I could complain about the directions of certain comic book universes.

Talk about whatever you want to.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; June 30, 2011 at 03:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

* The upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic with Kevin Eastman returning.
    Never read teh TMNT comics so don't care about this

* Marvel's soft reboot of the Ultimate Universe.
    after they killed of Ultimate Spidey I personally think the whole of Marvel can drop dead as far as I am concerned. I have had it with that stupid company and their stupid story ideas and quite frankly wouldn't care if that whole stuck up company went bankrupt and lost everything

* Archie Comics' new Mega Man comic.
    My reply to the TMNT comic news can be used here as well...so ya see reply No. 1

* Are there any Vertigo books you like?
    Like? I can't actually name any

* What's the best superhero movie so far this summer?
    X-Men First Class
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Wait they are soft rebooting the Ultimate universe again, I thought that was what the big tidal wave that Magneto unleashed was? And that was what a year, maybe two ago?

I collect that new Mega Man book. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Wait they are soft rebooting the Ultimate universe again, I thought that was what the big tidal wave that Magneto unleashed was? And that was what a year, maybe two ago?
    I not only don't collect Marvel anymore but I've pretty much even stopped keeping up with its current events like I used to(so take this with a grain of salt).

Now that "The Death Of Spider-Man" storyline in Ultimate Spider-Man actually led to the death of Spider-Man(that actually surprised me), there is going to be a weekly mini called Aftermath(I think) before the books are started all over again with new #1's(and yet Marvel still made fun of DC's renumbering in the current Previews). I know that there is supposed to be a new Ultimate Spider-Man but I'm not sure if it's an actual reboot or just a new renumbering(I could have sworn they just renumbered all of the Ultimate books).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Right after the last reboot, they renumbered all of the Ultimate Books. Then about a year later they went back to the old number. And I did a google and they are renumbering again and changing things up, for example who is on the Ultimates team.

I pretty much stopped caring with Ultimatum about the Marvel comics all together.

Now that "The Death Of Spider-Man" storyline in Ultimate Spider-Man actually led to the death of Spider-Man(that actually surprised me), there is going to be a weekly mini called Aftermath(I think) before the books are started all over again with new #1's(and yet Marvel still made fun of DC's renumbering in the current Previews). I know that there is supposed to be a new Ultimate Spider-Man but I'm not sure if it's an actual reboot or just a new renumbering(I could have sworn they just renumbered all of the Ultimate books).
    I'm pretty sure it's just a renumbering, not a full-on reboot. Continuity remains intact.

As for Marvel mocking DC's renumbering... eh, that's just ribbing.
    Neither of these companies has room to talk about going back to the #1 well too many times.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    As for Marvel mocking DC's renumbering... eh, that's just ribbing.
    If that's all it was, I'd have no problem with it. Stan Lee was notorious for that, but he also didn't insult them multiple times in practically ever convention appearance, interview, or press release. It's just that most of the so called ribbing has been quite mean spirited almost since day 1 of JoeyQ coming on board as Marvel's EIC(check out his vulgar interview shortly after getting the job). Hell, they not only attempt to piggyback on DC's announcements(like when DC started the "Drawing The Line At $2.99" effort or the Identity Disc mini exactly when Identity Crisis came out), they actually offered up incentives for retailers who took DC Comics off their shelves & destroyed. I don't think DC is a perfect company(they have made plenty of stupid decisions in the past decade). It's just that they rarely lower themsleves to Bendis, JoeyQ, or Brevoort's level.

JOIN THE GROUP...

If that's all it was, I'd have no problem with it. Stan Lee was notorious for that, but he also didn't insult them multiple times in practically ever convention appearance, interview, or press release. It's just that most of the so called ribbing has been quite mean spirited almost since day 1 of JoeyQ coming on board as Marvel's EIC(check out his vulgar interview shortly after getting the job).
    I think we've talk about this before, but I'm not sure.
    I don't really follow a lot of that, but all the convention stuff and videos I've seen have seemed ok.
    Some pot shots, sure... but nothing overtly mean.
    Do you have any examples handy? I'm sort of curious now. It's always seemed harmless to me.

Hell, they not only attempt to piggyback on DC's announcements(like when DC started the "Drawing The Line At $2.99" effort or the Identity Disc mini exactly when Identity Crisis came out), they actually offered up incentives for retailers who took DC Comics off their shelves & destroyed.
    Ha, yeah... but that's business. If DC has a good idea, Marvels going to try to copy it.
    DC does the same thing. And neither of them really do it very successfully, IMO.
    It's not like Identity Disc took any of the attention away from Identity Crisis.
    And Marvel is not even coming close to staying at $2.99.
    DCs All Star line was sort of an attempt at an "ultimate universe", and it really didn't work.
    It's all just trying to make a few bucks in a dying business, man.

None of that stuff really matters to me, though.
    I just want good comics no matter who's logo is on them.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if British comics are worth anything here in the US? A co-worker wanted to know if the comic he has is worth anything. I told him probably not. The comic is Overkill #1 April 24th 1992. It has the lame characters that they tried to incorporate into the American Universe, Motormouth, Hell's Angel, Pendragon and Warhead.
    Great traders: The_Seanestro, Dark Sorceress, Malakai9999, class316, The New Old He-Man,
    bone982, jah757s, JeMaBo2, Heh-man, etmartin, sdilks
    Bad Trader: Box of Keldor Heads