Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.56!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.56!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 56 questions!

This round of questions were selected by zodak74,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Scorpia:
    Master Sebrian is mentioned by name in Staghorn's classic toy cardback bio. Is he available to be made in MOTUC?

We expect other companies to respect our copyrights just as we respect theirs. Even though Master Sebian is mentioned on the cardback we are not looking for intentional loop holes to get around any copyright issues. Master Sebrian is an animated character and not available for MOTUC at this time (we are allowed to reference him in the bios when appropriate).

2. Kagamigod:
    In the MOTUC story, did The Goddess disappear or stop existing after Adam reclaimed the sword halves and became He-Man... or is she still in the picture somehow?

You will just need to keep reading the bios folks!

3. Eterniandreams:
    Now that King Hssss' shoulders are manufactured wrong and recreating them in the near future is not an option, does that mean that characters that may be planned to reuse those same parts (for instance Kobra Khan, Rattlor, etc) will be delayed to fix the reversed shoulder problem, or will they also be released with incorrect shoulders?

If a future character uses King Hssss’ shoulders we will look into the possibility of re-tooling them. But there is no guarantee at this point.

4. Dynamo Of Eternia:
    Regarding She-Ra 2.0, it has been stated that she will not come with a Style Guide tiara like the first release did, and that people will have to use the tiara head from She-Ra 1.0 on She-Ra 2.0 to get that look.
    Are there more changes to her body, and if so which incarnation of the character will the rest of her body will be based on? I think fans of the Style Guide version of She-Ra won't be too happy if the version that will sit atop Swift Wind is based on the classic toy's look.

I have a pretty good idea you will like what you are going to see from She-Ra 2.0. We have something cool cooked up to reveal at SDCC! We’re not ready to spill the beans yet, but July isn’t that far away.

5. Prahvus:
    I know vehicles will only begin at the end this year (1 vehicle for 2011). Since some figures that were only prototypes or concepts in the 80's made it into MOTUC (He-Ro, Vikor), I was wondering if it could be possible for us to see, somewhere and some time down the line, 80's vehicle prototypes or concepts coming to plastic life in MOTUC.

While it is possible, vehicles are a bit more expensive to make than the figures so at this early part of the game, we are sticking with the vehicles from the vintage line for the nostalgia factor. But never say never…never!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 58!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 56 questions!

Thank God for no "concept" vehicles any time soon.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Am I the only one get sick and tried of the cookie cut answer of keep reading the bios. And then their was the bs answer that they might fix Hisses shoulder if another chacter use them. If that the case they are saying they are problemly going put out another chacter will the wrong shoulder.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    Am I the only one get sick and tried of the cookie cut answer of keep reading the bios. And then their was the bs answer that they might fix Hisses shoulder if another chacter use them. If that the case they are saying they are problemly going put out another chacter will the wrong shoulder.
    It does kind of sound like we might get reversed shoulders everyone when it comes to the Snakemen with that answer.

Also, one question I'm very surprised no one is asking regarding She-Ra 2.0, is if they are taking into account that She-Ra 1.0 can't have her head put on her neck peg unless you heat her head up with a blow drier or boil it. Since they keep pitching the "build-your own She-Ra with the head of She-Ra 1.0" will this be an issue still, or have they fixed the neck peg to allow for this?

Everyone needs to stop asking about the damn outfit and start asking about the important things! This isn't the red carpet:

"She-Ra! She-Ra! Who are you wearing?"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Grizzlor .
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

So...let me see if I'm understanding this correctly...

With Roboto, 1st release He-Man, and King Hssss...the shoulders were molded wrong by mistake...but it was too late to make a running change and they were sold to the customers.

Now they know that the shoulders are wrong prior to any production...and they may still use the wrong ones?!?!?

Mark my words...if this happens...I will drop the line and sell off whatever I have. Mattel clearly doesn't care if they are purposely building figures wrong.
    Great ethics they have.

This answer is laughable. How can TG make a statement like that as brand manager and "fan" of this line?!?!?

I backed TG up on more than one occasion because I had some sympathy for him with all of the attacks...but the more he opens his mouth, the more he infuriates me.

Also, one question I'm very surprised no one is asking regarding She-Ra 2.0, is if they are taking into account that She-Ra 1.0 can't have her head put on her neck peg unless you heat her head up with a blow drier or boil it. Since they keep pitching the "build-your own She-Ra with the head of She-Ra 1.0" will this be an issue still, or have they fixed the neck peg to allow for this?

Everyone needs to stop asking about the damn outfit and start asking about the important things! This isn't the red carpet:

It's a good question. This is probably going to sound awful, but though I recognize compatibility will be an important issue to everyone clamoring for an improved style guide version, I'm really not fussed about She-Ra 1.0's extra head right now. I'm here for Classic Toy She-Ra.

As for the answer on the reversed shoulders...I...don't know what to say...

Expected that answer about Sebrian, if they can't make Mara when there's an actual prototype, there's no way we can get a cartoon character just because their name was on a cardback
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Grizzlor .

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's a good question. This is probably going to sound awful, but though I recognize compatibility will be an important issue to everyone clamoring for an improved style guide version, I'm really not fussed about She-Ra 1.0's extra head right now. I'm here for Classic Toy She-Ra.
    It doesn't matter all that much to me either because, I can always bring out the blow drier again. I just know it will matter a lot to some people. Literally, last night I finally decided to try and put toy She-Ra's head on my extra She-Ra and almost broke my fingers before pulling out the 'ole blow drier.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Strange.

They can't make a toy out of Sebrian, but can mention him in a bio when they don't have the rights?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It doesn't matter all that much to me either because, I can always bring out the blow drier again.
    I'm surprised by this...everyone has troubles with their She-Ra(s) but mine are ok. Well, one came with a missing index finger, but her head is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Strange.

They can't make a toy out of Sebrian, but can mention him in a bio when they don't have the rights?
    ...which would make me think they can at least do a character NAMED Master Sebria that doesn't LOOK like the one we're used to.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I sorta resent the She ra questions wording, Fans of the Toy version design have already been dissapointed that the SG version was released 1st, but are obviously still expected to miss out with 2.0, cos obviously 'only' the cartoon version matters!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Maybe instesd of an aditional styleguide head, Mattel will include a snap on styleguide tiara.......Boom everyone would be almost happy. I do want an improved She-Ra 1.0 but I am also really excited to get the classics toy version, I just really hope she is fair skined rather than Tanned.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well the problem I have is with answer # 3

If a future character uses King Hssss’ shoulders we will look into the possibility of re-tooling them. But there is no guarantee at this point.

SO Mattel you are pretty much telling us is that if you reuse King Hsss' shoulders, you will then in fact be PURPOSELY selling us a defective product.

You know that in fact that, that is a mistake on your part, well then if you choose not to correct the problem then you could at least offer free shipping on figures that use King Hsss' defective shoulders as well as a Defective Product Correction Kit, which includes:

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Strange.

I think what TG is saying is that they can use the name, but not the likeness.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Now that King Hssss' shoulders are manufactured wrong and recreating them in the near future is not an option, does that mean that characters that may be planned to reuse those same parts (for instance Kobra Khan, Rattlor, etc) will be delayed to fix the reversed shoulder problem, or will they also be released with incorrect shoulders?

I love the ethics, Mattel! Wow!.......just WOW!

With this answer, I will definitely be sending back ALL figures from now on, that come with reversed shoulders. Not only is the company getting some slack on Roboto and Hssss, is because they were an "accident". Now if it happens again, we know it isn't an accident. I will not accept shoddy figures!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Wow.

That answer about the shoulder is ridiculous.

Especially when they can be fixed with some effort on management's part.

It was shown that retooling wouldn't be necessary, but TG still says that retooling IS necessary.

Now he's saying we will get more incorrect figures.

Is he kidding??

I think I found my SDCC panel question.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Zodach posted this link in the main Q&A thread, which may prove useful: http://www.poeghostal.com/2011/04/ho...on-figure.html

(I would bet that the next character to use "Hsss shoulders" WILL have them retooled, though. They'd rather exceed ultra-low expectations than match or fail ordinary expectations...)
    Last edited by Reboot; April 17, 2011 at 10:25pm.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

The above statement is NOTHING short of a joke, we will look into the possibilty of re-tooling them. ARE YOU SERIOUS. The answer is Yes we will re-tool them, who are these people really we are customers who are shown no respect at all. Are they covering themselves in case another reverse shoulder appears as the shoulder committee may had been on a lunch break when the next figure was due for review.

With all the dramas surrounding reverse shoulders this response is beyond me. Im for one would RATHER a figure that Mattel wants to release will have reverse shoulders to be bumped not to the next month i want them bumped for good until they can fix the issue. Mattel Mattel Mattel what are you doing and who is running you.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Wow.

That answer about the shoulder is ridiculous.

Especially when they can be fixed with some effort on management's part.

It was shown that retooling wouldn't be necessary, but TG still says that retooling IS necessary.

Now he's saying we will get more incorrect figures.

Is he kidding??

I think I found my SDCC panel question.
    To add to this (I don't think anyone has ever mentioned this), but Battle Armour Skeletor does not come with the same axe as King Grayskull/He-Man/Faker/Blue axe/Battle Armour He-Man. This axe has copyright details sculpted onto it, which means a new mold, right?

So...they spent money on making a new mold for an item that already HAS a mold and was perfect, but won't spend money to fix something that is a problem.

I am completely appalled by the answer to my question!!
    Seriously, no I'm not, but come on live a little and give me something.

As for the She-Ra 2.0: Yikes, I really hope they do right by those who were stiffed by the first release, that can barely ride Swiftwind. I can't say this enough - I WANT FILMATION SHE-RA!!!

Kiss Hsss reverse shoulders answer. Hmm, I'm going out on a limb by saying the new tooling is for the little R & L's molded onto the shoulders.

Heroic Warrior
    "If a future character uses King Hssss’ shoulders we will look into the possibility of re-tooling them. But there is no guarantee at this point."

While the odds of a character using Hsss's exact shoulders are likely slim (as none of the other Snakemen had similar tooling on their original figures that I can recall), this answer is STILL a joke in that since they KNOW Hssss's shoulders are incorrect that if another figure is going to use them they're saying they might still be wrong? ***?

Again, while the shoulders don't really bother me as I don't really move my guys I open around too much, to tell us you might intentionally sell defective figures is beyond irksome.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Maybe he's just saying there is no guarantee of another character using the same shoulders?

Naive, I know. I just have a hard time believing anybody would be that unethical. Well, that PUBLICLY unethical.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Kagamigod:
    In the MOTUC story, did The Goddess disappear or stop existing after Adam reclaimed the sword halves and became He-Man... or is she still in the picture somehow?

You will just need to keep reading the bios folks!
    This makes me cringe. Why do I feel that we'll get a bio that explains that Teela, The Sorceress, Veena, The Goddess and maybe even Queen Angella, Glimmer and Mara are all the same cloned person existing in parallel Universes or something. Ugh. The bios are getting too crazy.

Also, why can't She-Ra 2.0 come with both crowns? A crownless head with two attachable crowns? No? There must be a way...

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    This answer is laughable. How can TG make a statement like that as brand manager and "fan" of this line?!?!?

I backed TG up on more than one occasion because I had some sympathy for him with all of the attacks...but the more he opens his mouth, the more he infuriates me.
    I feel the same way, the first few issues were water under the bridge for me but the more issues we get and the more i here TG excuses i only get annoyed.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!