Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.56!

I don't understand how Matty can use cartoon character Master Sebrian's name in a bio but not Light Hope?

Am sure Matty will fix Hiss' shoulders if they are ever re-used on another character. TG is probably just being ultra cautious knowing how the fans pore over his every word and if need be throw words from one or two years ago back in his face.

She-Ra 2.0: I don't know what to think. Optimally the first variant She-Ra should be based off the toy ... but all the hints seem to indicate more of a Filmation look.

Oh, and the Goddess is still alive folks. She's immortal (as well as cute!).
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Since I couldn't find it anywhere,
    What is WTFWTK an abbreviation of?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Maybe instesd of an aditional styleguide head, Mattel will include a snap on styleguide tiara.......Boom everyone would be almost happy. I do want an improved She-Ra 1.0 but I am also really excited to get the classics toy version, I just really hope she is fair skined rather than Tanned.
    I'm sorry but the She-Ra 2.0 needs the exact same skin tone as She-Ra 1.0!
    Otherwise the 1.0 head would be incompatible with the 2.0 body and TG's statement regarding switching parts untrue. It'll create another disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Wow.

That answer about the shoulder is ridiculous.

Especially when they can be fixed with some effort on management's part.

It was shown that retooling wouldn't be necessary, but TG still says that retooling IS necessary.

Now he's saying we will get more incorrect figures.

Is he kidding??

I think I found my SDCC panel question.
    Way to go Brian! Confront them with it at the panel
    I totally agree that his answer is utterly ridiculous.
    The shoulders do not need retooling, switching the rings is all it takes to fix it.
    Releasing more defective products on purpose is very wrong on so many parts!
    Last edited by synthalus; April 18, 2011 at 09:46am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

WTFWTK = What The Fans Want To Know
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    If a future character uses King Hssss’ shoulders we will look into the possibility of re-tooling them. But there is no guarantee at this point.

Toyguru should be ashamed ! That answer clearly shows that the guys at Mattel don't give a damned about quality control, and show contempt towards the fans ! AND it is totally unworthy. For someone who calls himself a "fan", Toyguru just showed that he doesn't have the brand's best interest at heart. When you actually are a fan and that you care, you do all you can to bring a great product on the market, not a flawed one !

What ? They think we'll continue to buy defective products ? I know at least that I won't.

That kind of attitude stinks like the end of teh lein...

Also, I guess that "if and when" a 200x Hssss is released, he will ALSO have the shoulders issue...

Boo, Mattel ! BOOOOO ! *Throws rotten tomatoes*

The curse of the snakemen continues. They killed MYP cartoon, the Sorceress, and now they threaten to kill the line - at least for some collectors, not to mention any last shred of credibility Mattel has regarding their *QC* or ethics.

Hopefully no other characters will use that mold.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I don't understand how Matty can use cartoon character Master Sebrian's name in a bio but not Light Hope?
    Yes, this doesn't make sense because Light Hope was used and shown in the last PoP mini-comic...but Sebrian's name on a bio in the 80's-90's (after appearing in the cartoon) makes his name fair game? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I'm sorry but the She-Ra 2.0 needs the exact same skin tone as She-Ra 1.0!
    Otherwise the 1.0 head would be incompatible with the 2.0 body and TG's statement regarding switching parts untrue. It'll create another disaster!
    This is exactly why they should just give She-Ra 2.0 both tiaras: toy and Filmation. They screwed up the first time by making She-Ra tan and said they would "pass along fan suggestions" for the next time they make a She-Ra (and a big one was to have the same skin tone as Adora). Also, even if they make her tan again, her skin tone probably won't match. The first Re-issue He-Man's face is almost GRAY! It doesn't match his body at all. The first released He-Man ("red eyes" He-Man), has a perfect matching skin tone.

I really want a She-Ra with Adora's skin tone. I hope they include the Filmation tiara to make everyone happy. I don't want another Sun Beach She-Ra.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Kagamigod:
    In the MOTUC story, did The Goddess disappear or stop existing after Adam reclaimed the sword halves and became He-Man... or is she still in the picture somehow?

You will just need to keep reading the bios folks!
    Is that Executivespeak for "We don't have a clue yet, but hmm, now that you bring this up I guess we'll just make something up later!"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    WTFWTK = What The Fans Want To Know
    Yeah took me a while to work that out myself, I only ever really saw the 1st three letters and thought 'Wow, thats risky for the .org!!'

I still Only see the 1st letters, and thats how I refer to the posts!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

It's very old school.
    Jeremy Padawer used to do Q&A sessions with the Org for the 200x line,
    so those are the 1.0 WTFWTK sessions.
    I don't think those are still around, though, unless they are in a main page News Archive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Maybe he's just saying there is no guarantee of another character using the same shoulders?

Exactly.

Honestly I thought it was kind of goofy question to ask. Those ridges are a unique part to king hiss... who else WOULD use those parts?? Maybe a 200x king hiss... but I wouldn't hold my breath for him to come out anytime soon...

So basically he's saying 'IF someone else for some reason should POSSIBLY use those weird shoulders... They may justify a retool.... but he won't guarantee anything that far in the future.

I still think they should combine Swift Wind and She-Ra 2.0, replicate a gift pack like how the original line had them. It would also give people the proper She-Ra to ride the horse instead of milking them out of $20 because they got the 1st version wrong
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback