Thread: WTFWTK 2.58 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.58 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Son of Keldor,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. zodak74:
    Is vac-metalized armor a possibility on Hurricane Hordak? Vintage Entrapta and Mekaneck's goggles featured this, and it would be great to have them appear in MOTUC with vac-metalized parts instead of a dull matte paint job as seen on Hurricane Hordak at Wonder Con.

2. TheFallen:
    While I really enjoyed his inclusion in the line, Mo-Larr was met with mixed reactions. Has this experience with Mo-Larr soured you on releasing any further "celebrity" MOTUC figures in the future and are there any characters that would fall into this category?

3. guy-dude:
    We learned about the Faceless One on May 6, 2009 two years before he was slated to be released. Could we now find out what April 2013's figure is slated to be? It was fun to have that countdown marker.

4. mick4metal:
    You have said mini-comic characters are an option for figures. What do you think about the warrior in yellow who is participating in a tug of war against He-man in the mini-comic Skeletor's Dragon as a figure, or other characters like a male non-Sorceress mini-comic Zoar?...a possible Oo-lar pet.

5. Zargon:
    My understanding is that the Club Eternia and convention exclusives will not be re-issued. But I see that both versions of Orko say "Gone for Good". Will the regular release of Orko w/ Prince Adam be available again or even re-issued separately?

--------------

So ask those questions!

For those of us that don't want a smelly Stinkor is it possible to do an unscented version. For the mint on card collector the boxes could have stickers on the front identifying scented or unscented

Doh!

It seems as if my question for this round has partly already been answered (we now know via some of the April 15th Q&A's that Hurricane Hordak will indeed come vac-metalized), but I do hope to get some info re: Entrapta and Mekaneck's vac-metalized parts.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Is it possible that we could have Hurricane Hordak's painted gold, un-vac-metalized armor that we saw at WonderCon in a future Weapons Pak? Some of us like the consistent look that was started by the He-Ro figure's painted gold.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Mattel keeps pointing out that reviewers didn't catch the reversed shoulders. What would Mattel do if a figure defect was caught BEFORE it went on sale by a reviewer? King Hsss's shoulder issue was noticed before the second sale on 4/1/2011 and yet Mattel still sold those figures.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Are you guys interested in doing or do you have plans to do MOTUC vs WWE 2-packs?

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    You've stated that we're getting a new female buck "in pieces, step by step" in previous Q&A's. Without giving away any specific character names, at about what time will fans have the first, all new female buck figure released in it's entirety?
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; April 18, 2011 at 05:11am.

I've just learned about, and seen, the heart-shaped bulge on Bow's crotch piece. Who is responsible, and what is your response to this?

Widget
    Is it possible that re-issues of characters with multiple heads, like whiplash, could be packaged with their alternate head attached?
    Being a MIB collector I only get to see one of them attached and I think it'd be a good reason to buy re-issues.

It was revealed in Clawful's bio that his race is called the Karikoni, which I don't believe has been revealed before. Was this species name something the Matty MOTUC team came up with themselves or was it taken from some existing unreleased source material such any MYP notes?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Could you PLEASE make sure that the "crotch pieces" of ALL the figures will allow legs movement ?

King Hssss and Bow's crotch prevent decent leg movement. I personally don't want to buy figures that will use that kind of crotch.

Will Clawful's (shell) armor be removable like the vintage figure?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse and for the long length of this, but I'm still dealing with these issues almost 6 months later.

A MAJORITY of the 3rd release He-Man and Skeletor figures that were sold on Cyber Monday both had problems. The placement of He-Man's hair and finish on his body were messed up, and the paint applications on Skeletor's face were terrible. I've swapped multiple figures with Matty Collector's customer service over 6 times and a MAJORITY of the replacements still have these problems. Are you planning on releasing these figures again in the near future because of these issues or should I keep trying my luck with Customer Service?
    Last edited by Fabulous; April 21, 2011 at 06:33pm.

With all the excitement about the Weapons Rack diorama set, many fans are hoping we may eventually see items like Skeletor's Bone Throne. While the Bone Throne is often associated with the vintage cartoon, it was featured in artwork and named in Mattel's 1982 Licensing Kit. Does this mean Mattel have the rights to produce the iconic version of the Bone Throne in MOTUC if they wish?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

With Battle Ground Teela coming out in June, Hurricane Hordak in September and Swift Wind on it´s way, would it be possible to do Teelas Unicorn Steed from the Mini Comics in Vac-metallic Gold and if that´s an option is it even possible to vac metalize articulated parts or will it chip off because of the movement?
    Last edited by Niki; April 25, 2011 at 08:05am.

Two part question...

Since it has now been confirmed that Hurricane Hordak will have vac-metal armor, is it possible we will see a reissue of He-Ro at some point with this same armor, since the original prototype had it, and will any other future figures have vac metal parts?
    It will greatly help Hurricane Hordak blend in with the rest of the line if more than one figure has vac-metal.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Can you give us anything on the Sorceress? Anything? I am looking forward to getting her so bad and I hope she will be out within the next year.

Would it be possible on the next reissue of Skeletor to get him with the open hand as opposed to the more closed hand on the first two reissues? It would be nice for those of us that missed the first release and prefer the open hand (without having to pay the eBay prices...)
    Stay free my Misery

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    If an "Etherian Guards" two pack is ever produced, would it be possible to name one of the guards "Josh", as a homage to the character introduced in the POP mini comic? Also, would it be possible to include a recolored Prince Adam vest for the character as optional civilain attire?
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; April 26, 2011 at 02:01pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Why did you pack Cringer in as an undersized, barely articulated statue (no, he shouldn't be as big as Battle Cat, but as generally depicted he should be a similar size to the standard male buck. He's a tiger, not a lynx) accessory to SDCC Marlena rather than waiting for a $20 slot to do him right by himself?

Can we get Queen Marlena's rather "MOTU: The Motion Picture"-styled laser rifle as a future Weapons Pak item done in a different color? I can foresee PoP gals such as Double Trouble or Flutterina looking rather bad-ass sporting this new accessory as a weapon!