Thread: Disney Afternoon - Action Figures by Funko

Disney Afternoon - Action Figures by Funko

I'm super stoked for these!!

I've already got 'em preordered!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I have no interest in any of the first releases, but I really want a Gadget!
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Cool! i also want Gargoyles and Goof Troop.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I have no interest in any of the first releases, but I really want a Gadget!
    Me too and maybe even Mirage from Aladdin the series action figure too, Tee hee
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I'm super excited for these! It is about time we FINALLY get a Scrooge McDuck action figure! I hope the characters released are expanded for the properties already shown, and they add Gummi Bears as well!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

These are very neat! I usually watched these shows when I was a kid, such great memories!
    I hope folks at Disney are prepping a reboot for Darkwing Duck too! woohoo!
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm super excited for these! It is about time we FINALLY get a Scrooge McDuck action figure! I hope the characters released are expanded for the properties already shown, and they add Gummi Bears as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I hope they make some Gummi Bears.
    Without a doubt! We need the whole crew!!

And, just to get it stuck in your head... behold:

Here is a link to an early review of the figures over at the Fwoosh:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/...noon-series-1/

Looking good so far! I really hope this line gets, at minimum, 3 more waves of figures!

I'm a little disappointed with Scrooge as it looks like the leg articulation won't allow him to sit All I ask with a action figure is that they can move their head, arms and the legs are articulated enough for sitting. My German Simba Ducktales figures are much better and it's a shame they didn't make more than they did back then.

I'll still pick up Scrooge, Chip, Dale and Baloo though. Hopefully they make another Zipper that is more in scale as the one with Dale is way too big!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm a little disappointed with Scrooge as it looks like the leg articulation won't allow him to sit All I ask with a action figure is that they can move their head, arms and the legs are articulated enough for sitting. My German Simba Ducktales figures are much better and it's a shame they didn't make more than they did back then.

I'll still pick up Scrooge, Chip, Dale and Baloo though. Hopefully they make another Zipper that is more in scale as the one with Dale is way too big!
    Yeah, unfortunately it looks like the whole line has just a simple cut-joint for the leg articulation... I was hoping for a ball-joint (for Scrooge and Darkwing at least) with a good range of motion... this usually fits the bill (no pun intended) for a cheap, but functional articulation fix.

Also, I am so happy that you mentioned the Simba line!! I thought that I was the only one who had these guys (well, except for the Beagle Boys...) from back in the day! Classics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Also, I am so happy that you mentioned the Simba line!! I thought that I was the only one who had these guys (well, except for the Beagle Boys...) from back in the day! Classics!!
    I had Scrooge for years as a friend found him in a Thrift store in the late 90's and thought I'd love it (they were right ). I dug it out in the mid 00's and decided to try to find the rest on eBay and over the years had finally found them all. I have all of the Ducktales branded ones but never picked up the Disney Family Donald Duck. Grandma Duck also was of interest as she'd probably be great to turn into a Magica de Spell custom

1-2210.jpg
    Last edited by blackiecats; October 22, 2017 at 01:26am.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I had Scrooge for years as a friend found him in a Thrift store in the late 90's and thought I'd love it (they were right ). I dug it out in the mid 00's and decided to try to find the rest on eBay and over the years had finally found them all. I have all of the Ducktales branded ones but never picked up the Disney Family Donald Duck. Grandma Duck also was of interest as she'd probably be great to turn into a Magica de Spell custom

1-2210.jpg
    Oh man, I love these figures... especially the flocking on them! Now I need to get into my parents attic and pull these back out; I miss them!

Can I ask that if anyone sees online a comparison pic of the Funko DW with any of the vintage Playmates DW figures to post it here or PM me?

Who else wants Gargoyles too?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

The Fwoosh has posted an article about the Disney Hybrid Metal Figuration Huey, Dewy, and Louie...

They look like nice figures, and I do like the Hybrid Metal line, but alas, they are too big to fit in scale with the Funko line...

You can check out the article here:
    http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/...wey-and-louie/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Who else wants Gargoyles too?
    I don't consider Gargoyles to be a part of the "Disney Afternoon Crew"...

I think that it could actually be a self-contained line though. The vintage figures were pretty good for their time, but now would be a great time to resurrect the property.

My issue with the wave, probably due to safety regulations, is that Zipper is way too big. He should be the size of a pop-off GI Joe head at most, he's almost twice the size he should be.