Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Power Returns!

Captain Power Returns!

Well, I don't know what that title means, but a youtube video has been posted with what look like ne interviews with the creators, and a websites showed up:
    www.captainpowerreturns.net

It's been almost 25 years, it might be anniversary related. Although to be honest its the last show I would think would get any kind of attention.

Loved the toys though, I always had a fondness for the XT-7 Jet
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

OH MAN!!!!... i love capt power!!! i had almost everything when i was a lad...till my rents tossed out everything.... i re bought a lot of the jets and the MT play set last year.... i really hope this comes back!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

It would be cool if they restarted the show from where it left off, the entire second season was already written by Larry DiTillio in script form.

Also this video was produced by Urban Archipelago Films , the same people behind the MOTU Toy Masters Documentary
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Who knows, Gary Goddard (MOTU movie director) created this property and has retained ownership of the copyrights & trademarks all this time. I wouldn't be surprised if CP was going to be making a come back. Sci-Fi adventure is about to come back in a big way so it seems it may be the perfect time for a return.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I would laugh my head off if Captain Power is gearing for a come back. It's just one of those properties that I didnt think would return.

I wonder when we'll be hearing about PHOTON coming back.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I wonder when we'll be hearing about PHOTON coming back.
    Jesus talk about obscure

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    This is great news, I hope they don't recreate for kids though.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Maybe Jack Olesker can get involved with it.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

I would love for this to come back. The premise and designs were cool, and I remember really liking the show. I'd love to have it on DVD.

Yes!!!! I totally need to draw these characters, I've missed them all! It's like Centurions crossed with Terminator:Salvation--it could totally sell now (er, despite neither of those currently selling I guess)!

I LOVED this show when it was on, I dare say it looked and felt to me like Star War Clone Wars probably looks to kids now (only it seemed better, so much better!). I had no idea when I was a kid that Tank had been in Conan! I got some bootlegs of this, but the bad quality really makes it hard to watch. The computer animation looks so crude now, although Volcania still looks as amazing to me now as it did then because it looks so expensive for the time.

I've recently started collecting the old toys, tracking down stuff I either owned long ago or never owned but wished I had because my friends all had the vehicles and videos. I know the toys aren't as good as the cartoon (I like Sauron and Dread, but wow is Blastarr tiny looking), but I'm sorry we never saw Tritor on the show.

Is it wrong that I still want David Warner to play Lord Dread? Maybe it's the whole Tron cross-pollination for me since my hunger for this show when it ended led to me finally watching Tron after years of thinking it looked silly. As distinctive as Dread's voice was on the show, I can totally hear Warner conversing with Overmind or cursing Power in my head (so maybe I just have issues). Also I think William Hurt has actually turned into Dr. Stuart Gordon Power/Mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It would be cool if they restarted the show from where it left off, the entire second season was already written by Larry DiTillio in script form.
    Yes, THIS! For 25 years I've been hoping against hope that Blastarr digitized Pilot and so she lives within the machine! The stuff I've read that was planned for season 2 involving Morgana II--Dread's new cyborg ally based on the woman he loved (who may be Captain Power's mother)--has interested me too, but that may just be fan fic.

AWESOME. I hope this means something. I mean, I would ideally LOVE a comeback, though I would settle for a little anniversary thing with DVD releases 'n such. I hope it's a comeback, though! I would love to see a reboot of this! Back when MotU was my little toy world, Captain Power was an absolute close second.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    According to their facebook page they posted this Saturday:

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future posted:
    Captain Power Returns in 2012 - Stay tuned to the official facebook page for all the details! Power On!

It's the Official Facebook Page for Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future from Gary Goddard Entertainment.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Captai...09863132428863

Very cool news
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

This is indeed cool news I had some of the toys, I had the xt7 and phantom striker, I had the power on energizer and probably all the figures, also had lord dredd's throne. Had the role play gun and crest, bought two of the tapes that came out the animated mission tapes, that clip of Capt Power at the end of the youtube vid was from those tapes. The show is still pretty good. dated due to the effects etc but very good stories, and they filmed it here in Toronto!

Captain Power Training Video 2: Bio-Dread Strike... by Reese_Kaine

here's a clip.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This was on J. Michael Straczynski's facebook-
    Appropos of nothing B5 related as April grows near...if there are any fans of the Captain Power show out there, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon for the next week or so. Just sayin'.
    I'm guessing a DVD release is coming soon.

Thank you for posting that, krosfyah! I totally remember that video with the army of Soarons and Interlockers as mobile tanks instead of Lord Dread's throne! Always wanted that aspect to be in the show, but I knew they didn't have the money for it.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    this pic on their facebook confirms an upcoming dvd release:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...type=1&theater

'Tracking down and cataloging all the original elements for Captain Power episodes in preparation for upcoming DVD release of the complete series.'

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Awesome....loved the shows/toys as a kid....another solid pick up for me. Love how it seems we're getting more and more hard to come by shows as of late.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Captain Power returns in 2012????

That's Awesome.

A DVD collection is soooo bought!

Movie mayhem!
    Omg!!! I LOVED this show. It definitely makes my top five favorite things. I really thought when i saw this threads title that it was really coming back. Darn it! Looks lkke its prob just thats its coming out on dvd...but thats cool too. Nesr the end of that video tho there did seem to be a lot of "we should bring this back" talk. Heres to hoping!!

They are clearly planning something. Or maybe they are just stirring up interest in something. But it has to be something more than just a DVD release the way they are talking (though I'd be happy with that if that's all we get!)

Why not a BD release at this point? DVD suck.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Blu-Ray at this point is a no for me, not enough out there for me to rationalize another format and player. I have too much money invested in DVDs, along with sets that are not available in retail, like through WB's Burn on demand DVD-R service, until Blu-Ray is as compatible and recordable as easily for recording shows and has as many movies and tv shows available on DVD rather than just a single studio or two, it is a no for me.

But I cannot wait for the DVD release, there have been a few very nice custom fan sets, I hope that they release the set with some of the old commercials along with the original show promo that had different actors for the team that aired before the series began, including cast interviews both vintage and new stuff.

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    This is indeed cool news I had some of the toys, I had the xt7 and phantom striker, I had the power on energizer and probably all the figures, also had lord dredd's throne. Had the role play gun and crest, bought two of the tapes that came out the animated mission tapes, that clip of Capt Power at the end of the youtube vid was from those tapes. The show is still pretty good. dated due to the effects etc but very good stories, and they filmed it here in Toronto!

here's a clip.
    Man, I LOVED those videos! I think that's the first time I've seen one since I was little. All the noises 'n such were burned into my brain; it takes me right back! There's certainly an old anime feel to the animation, too; the way the things move. I loved how those old videos would bring you into the story, you know? That's what I loved about the interactive parts of this series. I mean, I always played out stuff with my toys, but the videos were like making your own character. Nowadays it would be a video game, but that's not a bad thing, if they could make it well. A game style like Colony Wars would be perfect for this.

Anyway, like I've said earlier in the thread: I hope this is all either an indication that they are bringing it back, or a test to see how interested people are. I'll do whatever it takes to support it!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.