Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    This is awesome!

I think the classic colour scheme looks the best!

you know I would LOVE if you guys took inspiration from Eternia and made the moat area a basin to hold actual water or slime! but even if not this thing ROCKS!!
    yeah man! were going to have some clear cast puddles of water/slime in there. going to be awesome!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I have a question though. The He-man axe and shield in the tower entrance. I thought they were there just for picture purposes, but now I fear that they will be part of the cast.
    I personally think that these weapons are much too recognizable as He-mans weapons to be just lying there. And it would be strange/ weird to have He-man in front of it.

Wouldn't more generic weapons like the ones that came with the guards or the weapons rack make more sense?

Personally, I would like to not even have weapons part of the cast there. I have plenty of weapons I could display there myself.

Just my personal opinion though. I can live with it when it is there
    Hey. We listened. Took out the he-man sword on the wall replaced it with a generic sword. Left the axe and sheild because several characters can use those and we felt there could def. Be many of them floating around. Hope this is good news!!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

I can't beleive how sick is this!

Please, give me a JOB... I'll bag anyone, but I want that! LOL!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    Hey. We listened. Took out the he-man sword on the wall replaced it with a generic sword. Left the axe and sheild because several characters can use those and we felt there could def. Be many of them floating around. Hope this is good news!!
    That is great!
    You are right about the axe and shield. The TRU shield colours are actually cool to use as a colour!

I love the details in the moat by the way

This is one of the best custom playsets I have seen. I like the complex-simplicity of it, if that makes any sense.

When do we get to see the casts?? I also want to see the wall portions closed for a complete picture. Those gaping landings are throwing me off a bit...
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    It's just so....huge! Not sure where I'd display it. Coolest MOTU anything I've seen though!

I can't stop staring at these photos. I really hope all the small details are retained, as this thing is blowing my mind. Any chance we can see better photos of the two rooms?

I've found:
    Broken mace
    Broken sword
    2 snakes
    An egg?
    Whiplash skeleton?

i think this is so beautiful. you guys have done an amazing job so far, and i can't wait to see it finished.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    A M A Z I N G - I love it! I'll take one please

I keep having to re-check this thread because I can't believe how awesome this custom is. This is definitely the best castle custom I've ever seen....now if some uber-talented group of people would get to work on a Crystal Castle!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Thanks everyone. I love checking in and seeing all the awesome feedback. We've started on the mold, brushing on the rubber. It's the biggest mold in the world. Weve been brushing the first layer of rubber on for 2 days and it's still not covered. Haha. Then we have to do the outer mother mold shell and then were finally good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I can't stop staring at these photos. I really hope all the small details are retained, as this thing is blowing my mind. Any chance we can see better photos of the two rooms?

I've found:
    Broken mace
    Broken sword
    2 snakes
    An egg?
    Whiplash skeleton?
    Haha thanks man. The detail will all be retained that's why we went so insane on it.
    You found a ton of stuff! The egg is actually a ball and chain mace. You'll see! As far as taking more pics of the rooms, sorry, they are now covered in rubber! I'll look through the wip pics and see if I have some better views. Lots of fun stuff in the upper room I can't wait for people to see.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Oh my goodness!! All the people who can't stop looking at these pics are right there with me! I'm still more and more excited everytime I see the pics and the coments. I am so happy to be one of the lucky ones too! I just can't even put into words what this does for me. It brings back all my favorite childhood memories about the original since getting it and seeing it, and the artwork on the packaging, served to create and inspire my imagination. Those are my most favorite childhood memories of my life to this day.

I can't put into words how proud I am to know I have the privilege to get to know an artist like you through a place like this, it makes me feel so much closer to tallent when you get to talk directly to the artist who makes the art. Your skill and drive inspire me every day to want to believe more and more in myself even. So thank you for that in and of itself.

I can't wait til your next update and response to others comments and see how far you are then, in the meantime I too, won't be able to stop staring and wishfully awaitng what's to come in the pics we have so far.

I almost hate to say it, but I honestly think you may have made a castle that is better than the line it belongs to, except that I don't think I could possibly love the line more than I do (aside for wishing they would make P.o.P. toy accurate figures that were based on their own packaging artwork with pin up like legs and feet, beautiful faces and all, but that's best saved for another thread, LOL!) This line actually deserves only the best to go along with it and much like the battle ram we saw, this castle seems to go right along with it. And it's too awesome how you seem just as excited about it as I am when you say things like you not being able wait to see guys swarming all over it.

Just too excited for words for this! Always looking for the next coment and response!
    Last edited by beyond the legends; May 2, 2011 at 05:29am.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    Oh my goodness!! All the people who can't stop looking at these pics are right there with me! I'm still more and more excited everytime I see the pics and the coments. I am so happy to be one of the lucky ones too! I just can't even put into words what this does for me. It brings back all my favorite childhood memories about the original since getting it and seeing it, and the artwork on the packaging, served to create and inspire my imagination. Those are my most favorite childhood memories of my life to this day.

I can't put into words how proud I am to know I have the privilege t get to know an artist like you through a place like this, it makes me feel so much closer to tallent when you get to talk directly to the artist who makes the art. Your skill and drive inspire me every day to want to believe more and more in myself even. So thank you for that in and of itself.

I can't wait til your next update and response to others comments and see how far you are then, in the meantime I too, won't be able to stop staring and wishfully awaitng what's to come in the pics we have so far.

I almost hate to say it, but I honestly think you may have made a castle that is better than the line it belongs to, accept that I don't think I could possibly love the line more than I do (except for wishing they would make P.o.P. toy accurate figures that were based on their own packaging artwork with pin up like legs and feet, beautiful faces and all, but that's best saved for another thread, LOL!) This line actually deserves only the best to go along with it and much like the battle ram we saw, this castle seems to go right along with it. And it's too awesome how you seem just as excited about it as I am when you say things like you not being able wait to see guys swarming all over it.

Just too excited for words for this! Always looking for the next coment and response!
    You are right my friend !

This guy is a truly master of the universe !

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post

I can't put into words how proud I am to know I have the privilege t get to know an artist like you through a place like this, it makes me feel so much closer to tallent when you get to talk directly to the artist who makes the art. Your skill and drive inspire me every day to want to believe more and more in myself even. So thank you for that in and of itself.

I almost hate to say it, but I honestly think you may have made a castle that is better than the line it belongs to, accept that I don't think I could possibly love the line more than I do (except for wishing they would make P.o.P. toy accurate figures that were based on their own packaging artwork with pin up like legs and feet, beautiful faces and all, but that's best saved for another thread, LOL!) This line actually deserves only the best to go along with it and much like the battle ram we saw, this castle seems to go right along with it. And it's too awesome how you seem just as excited about it as I am when you say things like you not being able wait to see guys swarming all over it.

thank you so much, loved reading your comment. im glad we could spark some inspiration, and get you feeling like a kid again! we kept saying TOYLIKE as we made this, very often, because we really wanted this to fit in. and be TOYLIKE, but still have the best sculpt we could provide. so im glad it comes across that way, as fun, and playable, not just a detailed sculpture.

i cant respond adequately to your comment, but i do appreciate every word, ill be sure to show it to the other ben, so he knows our hard work paid off.

and i totally am JUST as excited, if not more, to have a fortress of my own, haha, im dying for it. that was the number one reason we started the project. i cant wait to add little touches to my own and make it custom, just as i would with a mainstream release. i cant wait!

thanks again.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

the mooooold is alllmosst doooone.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Just came across this - awesome work! I really love it when artists try and merge a distinct take on the source material with "toylike" elements as you so aptly put it. Reminds me of the POP-styled custom figures some of the talents guys here at the .Org have made.

So yeah...I expect to hear about your plans for the Crystal Castle by the summer. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    the mooooold is alllmosst doooone.
    By the look at the icon i think it turned out awesome !

Cast

I can't wait to see the finished cast. I check this board way too much now. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    By the look at the icon i think it turned out awesome !
    its coming out awesome, thats for sure. will post some photos once the molds done.

thanks @death138, glad to hear it! i love checking for new comments too!

@disney boy... maybe deal. haha sssssssssomething ssssssssssimilar isssss coming up nexxxxxxxxxt. that was a hint.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    not much more i can say but that its amazing.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Holy cow!! Amazing work! You really took it to the next level. I would love to take a crack at painting one of these
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Holy cow!! Amazing work! You really took it to the next level. I would love to take a crack at painting one of these
    Yeah, me too! Definetly!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Eternian Sculpter Wannabe Royalt1us's Avatar
    This is amazing work. Keep it up. I can't wait to see more.
    Check out ROYAL-T's Customs at:
    Dinner Table Creations

WRAPTOR, LAVA_SHARK, PO-LAR, LAVA-SHARK v.2 (Might-Bite), EMPRISSS, SPY-FLY, and OOZOR, are all available now.

Does the base have removeable magnetic panels like the castle?? It looks like it might on the left side (the castle's left, not our left looking at it).

Very excited to see how a cast version turns out!!

It might be too much to hope for, but would it be possible to have a "room" in the area where the skull is? Accessible from behind?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.