Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    8 days later... i gotta be an impatient bother and repeat my questions...
    will the final piece be including the awesome ladder?
    what about/what happened to the chains on the jawbridge?
    how are the magnetic cover pieces working out on the final product?
    and, any updates on projected production schedule?
    (sorry guys... it's just looking SO awesome, and moving closer to final product becoming a tangible reality is just too too exciting!)
    thanks!
    they are not really posting here much, they set up a facebook page, but Ill text Ben and see if he can come by here real quick.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Wow. Gorgeous

Hate to be negative, but the lack of updates both here and on Facebook has me a bit concerned about this project.

i bet they just have a lot to do, this is there side job after all

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Gemus203 View Post
    Hate to be negative, but the lack of updates both here and on Facebook has me a bit concerned about this project. Wondering if these guys may have bitten off more than they can chew?
    What kind of updates are you looking for. We're extremely busy casting and as dark sorceress said we have many other jobs as working artists. There won't be any more big reveals. We have shown the first completed cast in public at the comic store. And are now busy plugging away to make these. It's an enormous project and there isn't much to report. Facebook is your best bet for new photos as we go. I'm often posting directly from my phone. To post on this forum os a big ordeal were I need to sit at a computer and copy image address yada yada you know. So keep checking the on deadly ground Facebook page. But if you're looking for breaking news I'm sorry, we have shown just about everything and been very available for communication. Now we're just working guys. Have faith. Thanks!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Just posted more photos on fb. If someone wants to post them here, by all means. Can't do it from my phone.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    What kind of updates are you looking for. We're extremely busy casting and as dark sorceress said we have many other jobs as working artists. There won't be any more big reveals. We have shown the first completed cast in public at the comic store. And are now busy plugging away to make these. It's an enormous project and there isn't much to report. Facebook is your best bet for new photos as we go. I'm often posting directly from my phone. To post on this forum os a big ordeal were I need to sit at a computer and copy image address yada yada you know. So keep checking the on deadly ground Facebook page. But if you're looking for breaking news I'm sorry, we have shown just about everything and been very available for communication. Now we're just working guys. Have faith. Thanks!
    The Castle is turning out great!
    I'm also interested to hear about:
    -Will the final piece be including the awesome ladder?
    -What about/what happened to the chains on the jawbridge?
    -How are the magnetic cover pieces working out on the final product?

Keep up the great work fellas! We are all thrilled with the way this is shaping up, and can't wait to support your next creation!
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; June 19, 2012 at 01:56pm. Reason: discussion of mass production

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT. ROCK View Post
    I'm also interested to hear about:
    -Will the final piece be including the awesome ladder?
    -What about/what happened to the chains on the jawbridge?
    -How are the magnetic cover pieces working out on the final product?
    Sorry for not getting to these questions the first time they were asked. As stated, we are working artists with other jobs, and we're doing our best to keep the FB page current and respond to the messages we get on that site. We are definitely guilty of not checking this site frequently enough, so I'll try to report in more. But as bishart said, at the moment there isn't anything to report! I know that waiting for updates sucks; the big toy companies make us wait enough as it is. But there are only two guys on this project. You can patiently let us do our thing, or you can try to crack the whip. I'm not sure one will have a different effect than the other. Besides, there isn't much I'm allowed to divulge here while still respecting the forum rules, so I urge you to come over the FB page, On Deadly Ground, to better stay in the loop.

As for the questions above:
    1. We were thinking the ladder would be a limited piece at first, but we're not sure now. I'm thinking we'll include it.
    2. We forgot about the chains when prepping the Fortress for the comic store, lol. By the time I remembered them it was too late, but yeah, the chains are still a part of it.
    3. The magnetic wall covers are working, but not as well as I had hoped. We are using really small rare earth magnets, and it's not easy to get them to come into contact with each other. We are switching magnets, I have some others that should work great.

Thanks!
    Ben A.

Widget
    By the way, much of my last message was in response to a specific post that has been deleted, and was not meant to address the whole .org community, which has been very supportive by and large!

PM sent with Questions about the fortress.

hey guys, here are some of the photos we posted on fb that never made their way here! enjoy!

-ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

-ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

This is beyond words... PERFECTION!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    I love how well the playset works with both vintage and new figures. 200x also I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OutForJustice View Post
    Sorry for not getting to these questions the first time they were asked. As stated, we are working artists with other jobs, and we're doing our best to keep the FB page current and respond to the messages we get on that site. We are definitely guilty of not checking this site frequently enough, so I'll try to report in more. But as bishart said, at the moment there isn't anything to report! I know that waiting for updates sucks; the big toy companies make us wait enough as it is. But there are only two guys on this project. You can patiently let us do our thing, or you can try to crack the whip. I'm not sure one will have a different effect than the other. Besides, there isn't much I'm allowed to divulge here while still respecting the forum rules, so I urge you to come over the FB page, On Deadly Ground, to better stay in the loop.

As for the questions above:
    1. We were thinking the ladder would be a limited piece at first, but we're not sure now. I'm thinking we'll include it.
    2. We forgot about the chains when prepping the Fortress for the comic store, lol. By the time I remembered them it was too late, but yeah, the chains are still a part of it.
    3. The magnetic wall covers are working, but not as well as I had hoped. We are using really small rare earth magnets, and it's not easy to get them to come into contact with each other. We are switching magnets, I have some others that should work great.

Thanks!
    Ben A.
    thanks so much, ben, for all this info! (and thanks, too, "other ben" for posting those pics!)
    it really does seem to be coming along fantastically! as for the chains... yay! (love the look of those on this.)
    as for the ladder... absolutely an enthusiastic resounding YES! include it!! *smile*
    as for the magnetic pieces... i was wondering if that might be an issue... sounds like you have a "plan b" in effect to improve it though...
    nice job!
    you guys are making something truly special here, and while it is hard NOT to be impatient, i do hope we're all being supportive and not too much of a bother!
    you've been busy casting you say... are you casting several at once, then going back and assembling/cleaning/painting, OR, are you working on one in full at a time? just curious, and as to how many you've turned out thus far.
    thanks again. keep up the awesome work!

I'm so glad I wasn't there. It would have been so hard to obey that :do not touch" sign!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    Heya bud, been trying to contact you for some time......
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    Same here - email and FB...

Bishart: I have tried to realch you on 2-3 different ways now. The fact that you keep not answering makes me really worried a bit. PLEASE get back to me!

According to the solicitation email I received from Ben in April 2011 "we can begin actually casting this thing, as early as next week". This item is over a YEAR late, with no schedule update.

I haven't received a reply to my email messages either, I agree that this is becoming very worrisome.

So, as number 4 I loose the ladder as a perk?
    But I am still 4th, so that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I loose the ladder as a perk?
    The first 6 were supposed to get an extra accessory, not sure what it was, it could be the ladder, but with the lack of communication it's impossible to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    According to the solicitation email I received from Ben in April 2011 "we can begin actually casting this thing, as early as next week". This item is over a YEAR late, with no schedule update.

I haven't received a reply to my email messages either, I agree that this is becoming very worrisome.
    This was exactly what I was criticizing in my email to Ben. I really want(ed) this piece but the lack of communication and disappearence of both of them makes it hard to believe that they are still working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    sorry. we have been busy at work on these. i get about 10 Pm's a week, so ill have to look back and see what yours was pertaining to, but if it was a question about purchasing this piece, im sorry, no its not for sale. ( so please, everybody,, there is no need to email me and ask about purchasing. )

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Same here - email and FB...
    again, sorry, i will look back through my messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cash View Post
    Bishart: I have tried to realch you on 2-3 different ways now. The fact that you keep not answering makes me really worried a bit. PLEASE get back to me!
    nothing to be worried about. this project has consumed all of our free time, and we never have a chance to sit in front of the computer. ill do my best to find your message and answer it, but if its the same, asking about buying this piece, im sorry, the answer is no.

sorry to worry you, i thought we had updated this thread many times about the problems we had run into, and the process. its not just that its late, its that we ran into snags at almost every turn and still are doing our best moving forward, switching materials, and building an actual space to cast these things. there is no need to get worried, please see above where we detailed what was going on, and the photos of one of the casts. we wont be updating the thread telling everyone what number were on, or taking photos of every single one, it just takes too much time, and were working on multiples at the same time, different parts of each, at different stages, casting, cleaning up, painting etc. sorry to have made you worried, and sorry its late, we are just as dissapointed by that as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    So, as number 4 I loose the ladder as a perk?
    But I am still 4th, so that is good.
    there is another perk and remember the forum rules please. otherwise they will just rip down this whole post that literally took my whole morning. haha

The first 6 were supposed to get an extra accessory, not sure what it was, it could be the ladder, but with the lack of communication it's impossible to say.
    it was meant to be a surprise, thats why we havent mentioned it. again, sorry for the lack of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cash View Post
    This was exactly what I was criticizing in my email to Ben. I really want(ed) this piece but the lack of communication and disappearence of both of them makes it hard to believe that they are still working on this.
    seems like you may have that backwards.

its hard to work on it, and everything else when were checking in on the thread and replying to the many many ( you cant even imagine) Pm's.

that being said. here i am! sorry about the lack of updates here. its hard to come by and just say the same thing all the time. which basically is, YES we are casting, its as exciting as that really. its a TON of work, and were on it. there is not much were even ALLOWED to say on here, but trust me, when there is something to tell you i will email you. those of you emailing me about purchasing this piece, im sorry, they are not for sale. so please stop emailing me.
    you have to try to realize how many of the same emails i get from people, many times from the same people over and over again. we cant reply to them all and still get this work done. this is a HUGE custom project that is taking much longer than even we anticipated. trust me, we didnt want it to last this long, or be this much work either. we are working. and when there is something to report, we will report it.
    i dont know what you would like me to say, sorry if i come off as short, or frustrated, were just busy at work on this, its that simple, we cant be expected to stop and say hello multiple times a month. sorry. theres not much i can even say here, on he-man.org, without breaking their rules. you will be personally notified when there is news. i dont think anyone wants these finished more than us. we are working on it. i dont know what else to say. sorry.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

ps: i really dont mean to come off nasty. hope i dont. just please continue to do your best to be patient. we are working really hard.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net