Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Fortress of power

wow man SOOOOOO COOOOL!!!!!! so happy i got in on this!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

looking AMAZING, bens!!
    and... i'm so excited you're ready to begin shipping!
    (how many?) first 5, as originally planned? what's the projected time turn-around now, on the next batch? how many orders are left to be filled? will the chains still be included on the jawbridge? flag? laddder? any ideas yet on shipping COSTS?
    again, AWESOME job! it looks amazing, and given that i've now seen the same amount of both this and the matty one, i can safely and honestly say, as expected, that this (for me) blows theirs out of the water!!! SOOOO excited i got in on this... CANNOT WAIT!!!
    thanks! -kevin

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    Attachment 82322

let the shipping begin... #1.

( That door is not painted. Just pulled it from the mold. )

Speaking of doors...

Attachment 82323

Head over to the ON DEADLY GROUND facebook page to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    looking AMAZING, bens!!
    (how many?) first 5, as originally planned? what's the projected time turn-around now, on the next batch? how many orders are left to be filled? will the chains still be included on the jawbridge? flag? laddder? any ideas yet on shipping COSTS?
    again, AWESOME job! it looks amazing, and given that i've now seen the same amount of both this and the matty one, i can safely and honestly say, as expected, that this (for me) blows theirs out of the water!!! SOOOO excited i got in on this... CANNOT WAIT!!!
    thanks! -kevin
    I know I'm being a bit negative, but good luck getting answers to these questions. Pretty much the same ones I was asking over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    looking AMAZING, bens!!
    thanks! -kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Gemus203 View Post
    I know I'm being a bit negative, but good luck getting answers to these questions. Pretty much the same ones I was asking over a year ago.
    Hi Kevin, let me answer all your questions.
    We are shipping the first one out, rather than waiting for a batch of five at a time. We have many of the parts done for the next few, but rather than waiting ( even longer ) we felt it was best to get one out and on someone's shelf ASAP. Also, this allows us to quickly get the shipping weight and packing materials cost officially figured out. ( which should answer your other question, we do not know yet the exact weight when it's all packed up, but we will very soon. I will say with this new plastic rather than fiberglass and boat resin, it's very light! I have been transporting it in one hand!)
    I'm not going to disclose how many orders are left to be filled. Please remember the he-man.org forum rules. ( he-man.org, please don't delete my post.)
    The chains will be included for those who want them.
    The flag will also be included.
    The ladder will also be included for EVERYONE left on the list as a thank you for being so patient. Originally this was one of the exclusive pieces for the first 10, but don't worry if you're one of those 10, there are other surprises for you.

Now that I've answered all your questions I must say, it was a mistake to pop back in here, I was excited about getting the fortress out into the world after all this time, and all the challenges we had in our first project of this size. It only took 2 posts after my photo to go negative. It's not worth the headache. The Facebook page has been a great was to communicate with people actually excited about the project, and I've got to say, there has been no negativity over there.
    I can't help how long this project has taken at this point. It's as if there is no way to do right by some ( not all of course ) of you. We extended the offer for refunds ( which were originally NRD ) to those who were sick of waiting, lost faith in us, or who simply lost interest, in an attempt to be left with a group of people who were excited, passionate and understanding of how long this project could take. We have done everything in our power to pay back those refunds out of pocket as soon as possible. I won't discuss how much money that has been, money that could have went towards casting materials, or other expenses, freeing up working time on the fortress, but it is a lot, and we haven't refunded everyone yet.
    Still there are some, who have been refunded, are no longer on the list, have nothing to do with this project whatsoever, that still frequent this thread to throw in their negative remarks, and continue to make the project even less fun than spending 13 hour days covered in sticky uncured plastic in 15 degree weather...
    So, my point is, I can't stop that " haters gonna hate" right? That's why I say, I shouldn't have posted here again. We will continue to post pictures ( of which there are tons!) over at the ON DEADLY GROUND Facebook page, and you can reach me there. Any responses here will not be replied to, I'm sorry, I can't keep up with them, and it's an uphill battle ill never win trying to defend myself against those who just want to stir the pot and complain about things.
    Thanks for your continued excitement Kevin! We're excited too. -Thanks.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    Hi Kevin, let me answer all your questions.
    We are shipping the first one out, rather than waiting for a batch of five at a time. We have many of the parts done for the next few, but rather than waiting ( even longer ) we felt it was best to get one out and on someone's shelf ASAP. Also, this allows us to quickly get the shipping weight and packing materials cost officially figured out. ( which should answer your other question, we do not know yet the exact weight when it's all packed up, but we will very soon. I will say with this new plastic rather than fiberglass and boat resin, it's very light! I have been transporting it in one hand!)
    I'm not going to disclose how many orders are left to be filled. Please remember the he-man.org forum rules. ( he-man.org, please don't delete my post.)
    The chains will be included for those who want them.
    The flag will also be included.
    The ladder will also be included for EVERYONE left on the list as a thank you for being so patient. Originally this was one of the exclusive pieces for the first 10, but don't worry if you're one of those 10, there are other surprises for you.

Now that I've answered all your questions I must say, it was a mistake to pop back in here, I was excited about getting the fortress out into the world after all this time, and all the challenges we had in our first project of this size. It only took 2 posts after my photo to go negative. It's not worth the headache. The Facebook page has been a great was to communicate with people actually excited about the project, and I've got to say, there has been no negativity over there.
    I can't help how long this project has taken at this point. It's as if there is no way to do right by some ( not all of course ) of you. We extended the offer for refunds ( which were originally NRD ) to those who were sick of waiting, lost faith in us, or who simply lost interest, in an attempt to be left with a group of people who were excited, passionate and understanding of how long this project could take. We have done everything in our power to pay back those refunds out of pocket as soon as possible. I won't discuss how much money that has been, money that could have went towards casting materials, or other expenses, freeing up working time on the fortress, but it is a lot, and we haven't refunded everyone yet.
    Still there are some, who have been refunded, are no longer on the list, have nothing to do with this project whatsoever, that still frequent this thread to throw in their negative remarks, and continue to make the project even less fun than spending 13 hour days covered in sticky uncured plastic in 15 degree weather...
    So, my point is, I can't stop that " haters gonna hate" right? That's why I say, I shouldn't have posted here again. We will continue to post pictures ( of which there are tons!) over at the ON DEADLY GROUND Facebook page, and you can reach me there. Any responses here will not be replied to, I'm sorry, I can't keep up with them, and it's an uphill battle ill never win trying to defend myself against those who just want to stir the pot and complain about things.
    Thanks for your continued excitement Kevin! We're excited too. -Thanks.
    Not trying to stir any pots, Ben. I am happy to see that you are giving direct, straight forward responses at this point......but in my defense, that was not always the case. I commend you for working so hard to finish the project and for your new approach at communication. I genuinely love what you guys have created, and would still be proud to own one.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    this was not a scam guys and gals they had every intention of making this happen. the real castle is the problem here- people asking for refunds.Tthey spent the money making early samples and such figuring out how best to go about this project. good luck on your refunds personally I wouldn't let people back out of this if it were me. Howd the NEW guy get a refund?
    I personally never entered into this because $200.00 upfront and a total of $400.00 for something with no interior no working doors, just two detachable sections to hide a figure was not worth the money to me. As for you saying No backing out. Everyone who wanted their deposit back was entitled since it's two years after the bens asked for half the money upfront and they still haven't got this shipped. Sorry but lets be realistic they don't belong holding peoples money for two years (spending it) and not comunicating, Thats just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    As for you saying No backing out. Everyone who wanted their deposit back was entitled since it's two years after the bens asked for half the money upfront and they still haven't got this shipped. Sorry but lets be realistic they don't belong holding peoples money for two years (spending it) and not comunicating, Thats just wrong on so many levels.
    You pretty much summed up my feelings on the deposit situation. My deposit was held for a year or more and was either used to fund failed attempts at making this project a reality, or for something else entirely. While I tried to keep my last post as positive and non confrontational as possible, I did send an extended version to Ben letting him know that I did not appreciate his "no way to do right by some people" comment that was directed at me. This is a perfect example of the attitude that got me frustrated me to begin with. As someone who very much still wants this piece, I proposed that he "do right" by me, by allowing me to purchase a finished piece. I even made it clear that I was willing to pay more for it if the production cost was more than originally thought. As usual, I got no response. You would think that after holding my funds for so long, this would be a fair and reasonable resolution.

Court Magician
    Everyone who wanted their deposit back was entitled since it's two years after the bens asked for half the money upfront and they still haven't got this shipped. Sorry but lets be realistic they don't belong holding peoples money for two years (spending it) and not comunicating, Thats just wrong on so many levels.
    I actually agree with this. That's why we've been giving people their money back. Despite the impression you may get from reading this forum, a majority of people from the original preorder list are actually willing to wait however long the project takes to complete. Unfortunately, this thread has become a soapbox for a dissatisfied minority, many of whom have been refunded, but continue to overshadow our attempts to rectify the situation with their continued criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemus203 View Post
    You would think that after holding my funds for so long, this would be a fair and reasonable resolution.
    I'm afraid we will never be able to agree on this, Gemus. What you call a 'fair and reasonable resolution' for you would be utterly unfair to everyone else still waiting on the list. We had to turn you down when you tried to buy your way to the front of the list the first time (months ago), and we have to do the same now. The most that we can do for anyone who is unhappy with the progress on the Fortress (and we don't blame you if you are) is give them their money back, which we have been doing in earnest, as you well know. There's no way to make up for lost time. And in case you haven't realized, Ben and I are the ones who have invested and lost the most time in this. We offered the refunds in the first place because A. We thought it was the right thing to do, and B. We wanted to steer the project back into a positive direction so that we and everyone else could continue to derive some enjoyment from what is an ambitious passion project. In other words, we wanted people to stay with the project only if they were able to wait indefinitely for its completion. We were very explicit about this. We prompted anyone with any doubts to take the refund. I don't know how we could have been any more clear. It's amazing to me that you are trying to get back on the list after 1. Asking to be refunded 2. Trying to lead an insurrection against us 3. Being refunded and 4. Continuing to give us grief now that we have no obligation to you. There is no way that we are taking any more money from anyone on this project, especially you.

I fully expect this thread to be locked soon. Please check our FB page On Deadly Ground for progress on the Fortress of Power.

Ben

I personally never entered into this because $200.00 upfront and a total of $400.00 for something with no interior no working doors, just two detachable sections to hide a figure was not worth the money to me. As for you saying No backing out. Everyone who wanted their deposit back was entitled since it's two years after the bens asked for half the money upfront and they still haven't got this shipped. Sorry but lets be realistic they don't belong holding peoples money for two years (spending it) and not comunicating, Thats just wrong on so many levels.
    I doesn't really matter what I say because I have ZERO to do with this castle. I just liked it as a custom piece and think that its cool that they are trying to produce these for whoever wanted one. Life happens inbetween point A and B. people should understand that. If I spent your money with the intention of finishing something for you I would make you hold out for the finished product. The fact that they are even offering refunds to me is a very gracious offer on they're part. Would have I tried to keep people more in the loop? absolutely BUT again not my problem. Either way, here's hoping every one involved gets what they want out of this new progress. It is the backlash that these guys get for this type of thing that keep me from even thinking about offering up custom pieces for sale as reproductions of my originals.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Looks like this thread hass gone up for discussion once again!

"Anyone who has dealt with them Privately need to continue to deal with it Privately on the "On Deadly Ground" FB page as they have stated several times.

We take no responsibility on the Private deals they have made w/ individuals & and understand its been a long time in the making but they have given refunds to those that "opted out/got tired of waiting" and are still working on getting these to patient fans.

We are Reiterating that any comments posted be inquisitive to progress and anything the mods feel is negative will be deleted and infractions given.

Thanks to the Artist's for coming back w/ current info for the fans and clearing up some issues!

Thanks, Gabe =)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Per the request of the OP, we are closing this thread.

Please Continue to contact the Artists's on thier FB page in regards to this fan project.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback