Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 811

Thread: Fortress of power

  1. #226
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermbo View Post
    That's unreal. Total art
    thanks man.


    the bridge is built... the gun is cast...

    amazing photos coming soon.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  2. #227
    Heroic Elder Hoffrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    681
    SIGH......tease. C'mon already! Patience is not my strongpoint.
    Darth Pardus

    Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

  3. #228
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,595
    Maybe some teaser pics?
    Lol

  4. #229
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Maybe some teaser pics?
    Lol
    you have no idea.....


    first of many things to be shown...

    THE FLAG!
    each will be hand screen printed.

    Last edited by bishart; June 16, 2011 at 03:27pm.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  5. #230
    Heroic Warrior custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    105


    Man everytime you show something is like you know is going to be cool;

    This is sick ! in positive and awesome way hehehehe

  6. #231
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,595
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    you have no idea.....


    first of many things to be shown...

    THE FLAG!
    each will be hand screen printed.

    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6035691_n.jpg
    I wouldn't mind an actual poster or a real flag like that!

  7. #232
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I wouldn't mind an actual poster or a real flag like that!
    yeah would be awesome!


    oh baby... are you ready?

    just woke up to these amazing photos from the other ben, who pretty much did all the work on these 2 gems. bra-VO.
    crazy. wait until you see them on the fortress! the fun will dock on top of the fortress's lower tower, and the door, well, you know where this bad boy goes.
    enjoy the pics!










    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  8. #233
    Evil customizing warrior Darththomas81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    152
    The anticipation is growing, it was already immense but after seeing these few shots my brain hurts with the amount of anticipation crammed in there!!
    DT81's Tinkering thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nkering-thread

    Check out all my customs over at figure realm
    http://www.figurerealm.com/viewuserp...id=4835&page=2

  9. #234
    Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,783
    that is some super sick stuff! love them all - you guys are definitely killing it over there!

    =)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

    My Trader Feedback thread:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

  10. #235
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,595
    AWESOME!

  11. #236
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Get some rusting on that cannon like the weapons rack weapons and you are on to a winner!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  12. #237
    Heroic Warrior XelaStratos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    265
    This is better than that d@mn energizer bunny. It keeps going, and going and going! This project is the best thing. The anticipation of seeing the finished product is so overwhelming!

  13. #238
    Eternian Pimp PIMPS ADAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S.E. Aurora,Colorado
    Posts
    822
    Are you doing this just for fun or will I have the chance to shell out some doe$$$$$$ for one of these bad boys?????
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

  14. #239
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Are you doing this just for fun or will I have the chance to shell out some doe$$$$$$ for one of these bad boys?????
    thanks everyone! yeah im so pumped to wrap this project up. cant wait!

    check out the flag prototype.

    this is just a paper flag, will be printed on cloth.

    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  15. #240
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Why three Grayskull heads? What's it meant to symbolise?

    As the original flag represented the two half of the Power swords, which of course opens Grayskull.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  16. #241
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Why three Grayskull heads? What's it meant to symbolise?

    As the original flag represented the two half of the Power swords, which of course opens Grayskull.
    well, as you can see, throughout the entire project we have been making design choices to make the fortress its own thing, with its own story, and feel.
    so we had no use for power swords on the flag, plus, sorry diehards, but we just dont think the old one looked good.
    as far as there being 3 skulls, its a complete design decision, im sure i could make up some story or something as to the relevance of 3 faces (actually 4 if you count the little guy on the bottom) but the fact of the matter is, i drew something we thought looked killer. so were happy with it.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  17. #242
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    well, as you can see, throughout the entire project we have been making design choices to make the fortress its own thing, with its own story, and feel.
    so we had no use for power swords on the flag, plus, sorry diehards, but we just dont think the old one looked good.
    as far as there being 3 skulls, its a complete design decision, im sure i could make up some story or something as to the relevance of 3 faces (actually 4 if you count the little guy on the bottom) but the fact of the matter is, i drew something we thought looked killer. so were happy with it.
    well as long as you are happy with it!

    You could've just updated the flag instead of doing something that has no relevance what so ever but whatever, it's your vision of the Castle!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  18. #243
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Why three Grayskull heads? What's it meant to symbolise?
    My guess is that way it does not impede on copyrights
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  19. #244
    Heroic Warrior bishart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    well as long as you are happy with it!

    You could've just updated the flag instead of doing something that has no relevance what so ever but whatever, it's your vision of the Castle!
    Felt it was an updated version. We also have a sun. Swords and clouds. We wanted to add our skull on it as well to tie it in to the fortress. So it has relevance in that sense. Just doesn't tie in to an old unrelated flag neither of us cared for.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

  20. #245
    Heroic Warrior custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post


    Man everytime you show something is like you know is going to be cool;

    This is sick ! in positive and awesome way hehehehe


    See what i mean you guys are sick !


    this thing looks like you could buy it from a store.

    Amazing the work of you two;

  21. #246
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    Felt it was an updated version. We also have a sun. Swords and clouds. We wanted to add our skull on it as well to tie it in to the fortress. So it has relevance in that sense. Just doesn't tie in to an old unrelated flag neither of us cared for.
    Three heads together like that is a big thing in religious icongraphy both pagan and mainstream.
    Seems odd to me to have it on your version of the Castle.

    Sorry, I am real stickler for these things.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  22. #247
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,568
    didnt know there was going to be so much more than just the castle! great work, cool flag, great gun. you guys are really doing well on this!!!! KEEP IT UP!

  23. #248
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Three heads together like that is a big thing in religious icongraphy both pagan and mainstream.
    Seems odd to me to have it on your version of the Castle.

    Sorry, I am real stickler for these things.
    I don't think we would get anything done if we were worried about all the symbolism we were evoking by the design choices we make. Do you consult a copy of Man and His Symbols every time you're about to make a mark on the page? Besides, you could attribute all stories of good vs. evil to religion if you wanted to make that argument.

    Comparisons to the original only go so far, as with any reinterpretation of a property or piece of art, the balance one strikes between invention and reverence to the original is what defines the piece and validates its existence. I respect and welcome any criticism, but it's not useful if all you're gonna do is tell us how you would do it if it were your piece.

    Ben

  24. #249
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    You could've just updated the flag instead of doing something that has no relevance what so ever but whatever, it's your vision of the Castle!

    Aww, come on... that was a harsh swipe, Eamon. It has relevance to the actual product. It's a great drawing. They've explained its origin. It doesn't have to have some kind of historical significance. It's like the robot in the original Grayskull... NOW we wonder what it could represent, what significance it might have... but originally, I doubt that it had any... other than it just being a cool robot, perhaps a remnant of before The Great Wars... but that's hoping that the original design for Grayskull's props had a purpose at all

    It's a VERY cool design. You obviously can't do exactly what Mattel did in the past. It's your own design.

    I have to say, that door is incredible!!!!! The gun is amazing - and I love that it's mounted on a platform... that is very cool.
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 17, 2011 at 08:48pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  25. #250
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27
    WOW, this fortress, flag, and gun are so amazing. You guys have done a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing these pictures. I for one am happy that it is different from the original. Cheers to you both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •