Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

LOVE it all! The flag and door are Amazing!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Love it, love it, love it. It is far beyond what I was expecting and all of the little details are perfect. I'm floored* that the door floor is metal rather than a rotted tongue, that's a huge improvement.

I had to see what a painted door might look like in the castle. Yes, I'm that impatient.

Let me know if I need to change the names.

*pun intended
    Last edited by BadVermin; June 17, 2011 at 10:28pm.

the 3 skulls should reppresent 1spirit of greyskull 2king greyskull 3the sorceress, the fourth little kid should reppresent the warrior who get the power from greyskull (he man).
    VENDESI, NUOVE MAI USATE:
    air jordan XIX nera taglia 44.5
    air jordan XXIII bianca/grigia taglia 45.5 VENDUTA
    air jordan I bianca/nera/verda taglia 44.5 VENDUTA
    se interessati e/o per foto o info scrivetemi un MP

A person should be able to mention the things they do not like on on otherwise great looking item without getting a barade like this.

I questioned the logic of the teeth over lapping and that didn't fly. I question the logic of the flag design and I get this.
    I am an artist myself so wanted to question the design choices and i did say I am really picky with this sorta stuff.

I think i had best keep my massively offensive opinion to myself from now on.
    Last edited by Eamon; June 18, 2011 at 08:41am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

As an art teacher I see nothing wrong, nor offensive, with your comments.
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    As an art teacher I see nothing wrong, nor offensive, with your comments.
    Thanks!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Or you could just accept when others do not agree with you, critiques are fine but I think sometimes you tend to come across as your opinion is the only right one even if that is not the intent

Art is subjective and I think we all should keep that in mind
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I had to see what a painted door might look like in the castle. Yes, I'm that impatient.
    That's great btw, BadVermin. Those are a huge help to us!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    OMG!!!!
    Literally jaw dropping! Pun intended. I can't stop being more and more in love with this. I am so anxious, this has been the best week now. I have been more excited to see posts about this than I have been about the 4 big announcements from Mattel, though I am anxious for those as well. This is just so epic that it has been consuming my thoughts and hopes, I honestly feel that this is as official an item as anything Mattel is giving us.

On a side note, out of respect and total passion for this project and the artists (the Bens), I personally hoped that this thread wouldn't become a catch all for bickering over one person. We all know he has a way of stating opinions that can feel like a personal attack on the artist, I've been the artist on the other end of that too. I am in no way condoning it but I do think it comes from a good place, I kind of think it's a cultural difference. I just really hope this thread can stay focused on positive feedback and constructive opinions responded by the artist, if any further opinions need be heard, bringit to pm so the thread can stay on track.

I can't seem to say anything that doesn't echo anything more tharn all the rest of the praise I've seen on here already, just so anxious for more like always, but this is also alot so very content at the moment regardless. Peace and good journey.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

A person should be able to mention the things they do not like on on otherwise great looking item without getting a barade like this.
    I assume you mean barrage? And if so, what barrage?

I just went back to read the course of the thread, and after your comment, I saw two replies (1 each from the two creators) and MY calling you out on a comment I saw as, frankly, rather petulant:

You could've just updated the flag instead of doing something that has no relevance what so ever but whatever, it's your vision of the Castle!
    It's not that you can't or shouldn't criticize or voice your opinion... We all come here to read each others comments and opinions. I, for one, look forward to that.

I guess, in this case, I just thought your comment (quoted above) sounded snarky... I wasn't criticizing your original question about the actual design, and why they decided on 3 skulls.

But then, I don't have the benefit of hearing you say it, so your comment probably loses something in the transfer from thought to internet forum. Thay happens to us all, all of the time

But Markatisu put it best...

It's a discussion. I don't think anyone is attacking you for expressing your opinion. I see two artists defending their design. As for my comment... hardly a barade... or barrage.

Do you need a hug? I'll just buy you a beer at SDCC. Ok?
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 19, 2011 at 04:11am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I've been watching this thread for a while now... and the more progress I've seen on it, the more impressed I am with the quality and the painstaking details you've included in this. Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see what else you have planned!

Wow. That is incredible! Nice work
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    This thing just gets better and better!

That gun is amazing! I LOVE it! Fantastic follow through Bens!

As for Eamon's comments, I definitely think it's a cultural thing. Or at least I really hope it is. Eamon comments on just about everything, and it seems like there is no pleasing him, but I optimistically hope that's just the artist in him asking the questions as to how the artist got to that conclusion of that piece. Such as his questions on the flag, and what motivated the 3 skulls as opposed to the original 2.

I have seen many posts where Eamon would make a comment similar to here, only to be attacked by others. And he would ultimately end up saying something self-pittying like keeping his thoughts to himself, instead of voicing his opinion. My only advise Eamon, would be to reread your comments before you post them, and if they sound slightly offensive, just calm them down a bit, or at least warn the artist that "this may sound snarky, or offensive, but...". There's a difference between constructive criticism and harsh opinionated critiques. But you should in no way feel that you can't share your opinion, just be nice about it if you don't like it.

Now for my crit! The absolutely ONLY thing I would change is the size of the swords shield and helmet on the door. I understand why they are that size, as if they were meant to be worn by MOTUC, that just makes sense. But I think it takes away from the overall feel of the castle. It makes it seem smaller, when it's such an EPIC piece.

FANTASTIC job! I can't wait to see this thing put together and painted!!!! Kudos to the Ben's!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

I questioned the logic of the teeth over lapping and that didn't fly. I question the logic of the flag design and I get this.
    I am an artist myself so wanted to question the design choices and i did say I am really picky with this sorta stuff.

Hey, not to add fuel to the fire, but I don't quite "get" the three-skull flag either, but I do find the project as a whole very impressive, so a small detail like the flag is something I could honestly ignore anyway.

That being said, let the man have his opinion! we're all entitled, and just because he isn't piling more praise on this already very lauded, and (in my opinion) very cool castle doesn't make him a bad guy, he just didn't like the flag! Jeez!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

i had meant to post this before. a cool look at the different materials involved in making the door. and shows off the intricate sculpt. i love it!

all that woodgrain is actually CARVED by hand.

oh, and 15,963 hits on this thread, officially the most visited thread in the customs and sculpture forum! thanks everyone!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wow why cant we get this Castle now MATTEL ?

Everytime you post a pic, I absolutely turn green with envy! Your work is awesome!!!! I think the door should have more brown in the wooden areas (the color blends in with the swords you sculpted on), but still your eye for detail is tremendous. Great job!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    i had meant to post this before. a cool look at the different materials involved in making the door. and shows off the intricate sculpt. i love it!

all that woodgrain is actually CARVED by hand.

oh, and 15,963 hits on this thread, officially the most visited thread in the customs and sculpture forum! thanks everyone!
    Well not yet, My Snake Mountain thread still have more visits, but iīm so sure this one will pass it very soon I`m loving all the process, donīt have any complain about it and love the atention to detail... Canīt wait to see it completed... Also would love to see in what other project/s are you working. You both are so lucky for having each other to work on this, i wish i find someone with similar interest to work with me, but so far i`m still working alone

BTW here is the link to my Snake Mountain i did a couple of years ago, i would love to hear your opinions about it, if you saw it before? etc... I think is my best work so far. Please let me know

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...125882&page=12

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    I think the door should have more brown in the wooden areas (the color blends in with the swords you sculpted on), but still your eye for detail is tremendous. Great job!
    That isn't a painted door, it's the sculpt used to create the mold. The green stuff appears to be sculpting wax.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Well not yet, My Snake Mountain thread still have more visits, but iīm so sure this one will pass it very soon I`m loving all the process, donīt have any complain about it and love the atention to detail... Canīt wait to see it completed... Also would love to see in what other project/s are you working. You both are so lucky for having each other to work on this, i wish i find someone with similar interest to work with me, but so far i`m still working alone

BTW here is the link to my Snake Mountain i did a couple of years ago, i would love to hear your opinions about it, if you saw it before? etc... I think is my best work so far. Please let me know

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...125882&page=12

oops! didnt mean to jump the gun! how did i miss that thread!? great work man. i love it. it def. nails the look perfectly, and the scale is wonderful too! bravo.
    and thank you for all your kind words on the fortress. once this thing is done, we do have some plans for equally exciting projects! stay tuned!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    That isn't a painted door, it's the sculpt used to create the mold. The green stuff appears to be sculpting wax.
    exactly. thats the work in progress pic we took before it was primed.

and the green stuff is the best stuff ever, my personal favorite material to do customs and small sculpts with. its called KNEADATITE but people usually just call it GREEN STUFF!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

yeah baby! 17,000 hits.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

This entire thing makes me wish I had a fraction of your sculpting skills. Serious props are due.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Can not wait too see the finished product
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Great piece of art! Have I said how amazing this castle looks? I may have said it elsewhere and not here. Anyway, wanted to say that I am a BIG FAN! And everytime I see updates, I get blown away further... Love all the updates you did to the castle with your artistic license! Keep going guys!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    Wow why cant we get this Castle now MATTEL ?
    Erm... Because, Logistics? Or keep reading the bios?