Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

i don't have (nor do i want) a facebook account, so i can't "like" you guys. but i LIKE you guys! lol.
    so... when will the first casting officially begin?!

Liked as well...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Liked as well...
    Thanks everyone, for all your support on the Facebook page. Start lighting it up wih comments and questions. Ben a. Has been killing it in the studio space. We have a roof and walls now. Amazing. Of course, just as the weather is getting warmer, but we will still need a solid space for rain and wind protection while we're fashioning the fortress of awesome.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    alright ben squared ( or brian? haha ) fans! we are now ready to announce, we are officially ON DEADLY GROUND!

"LIKE" us on Facebook, and see all the photos in conveniently organized albums! we will be posting frequently to that page, so don't miss any updates, and get over there, and say HELLO! let us know your he-man.org name, and we will be sure to say hi.

here is the link! http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Dea...53030601395875
    I realized afterwards what I typed and face palmed lol.

Do we need an update ?

hell yeah !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Do we need an update ?

hell yeah !
    Seconded!

Really looking forward to this.

liked as well! Awesome work guys!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Seconded!

Really looking forward to this.
    THIRDED!
    c'mon, bens... we're starving for some "good news" updates!!!!
    what say you?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    they are on facebook now... retrace the thread to find the link.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    THIRDED!
    c'mon, bens... we're starving for some "good news" updates!!!!
    what say you?

Hey guys! First of all thanks for all the likes on our facebook page, On Deadly Ground! I know I was super stoked to see all our process pics organized and posted for easy viewing, glad you guys are enjoying it too. We don't have any new photos to share yet, but our studio space is pretty much ready to go. It just needs a little buttoning up. Casting with resin is smelly business, so we want to make sure our space is airtight. I've been sealing it all off with spray foam, which is fitting, as the walls are also made of a rigid foam board insulation. It's a good thing that PBR is our only vice and neither of us smoke, 'cause if that place caught a spark it would go up like napalm, haha. Anyway it will be great to have a permanent space to do all our casting from, it will make things much easier and quicker once we get rolling. Ironically enough, now that we have a fully insulated studio to work out of, it's finally beginning to warm up here in Maine. But with a sealed, interior, lighted space, we will really be able to cast around the clock. Keep checking our facebook page, we will try to keep this thread afloat too, but if it begins to languish it might be because the updates are happening on facebook. Thanks again for your unwavering patience guys, we have big things in store for you in 2012!

-Ben A.

what is this? IN-TER-NETTTT?

sorry I've been away. ben a. has got to you first, all the updates you need, right there ^

how is everyone. whats up?
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Heroic Warrior
    Are we there yet?

Big hole in my living room needs to be filled!!!
    Posted from iOS app

I desperately want one of those!!!
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; April 24, 2012 at 10:39am. Reason: discussing pre-orders & selling of item
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Liked!

Check PM's!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    We need updates!!!

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    We need updates!!!
    haha. We just have you updates and no one even acknowledged it.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

i suspect the "updates" many of us are LOOKING for is: "we've started casting!!!" (it WAS a month ago when you posted "time to start casting!", and it seems like the studio space has been ready, and also as you said, outside temps have been good)... so i think we'd just like to know specifically and exactly where things stand in actually beginning to crank some final product out.

we're all very excited to hear how the final casting process goes, and any mishaps encountered, timing involved, how good the quality turns out... projected timing of making more and more, etc. hopefully you understand i'm not trying to seem pushy or anything... just truly anxiously wondering what the hold-ups particularly might be at this point, and eagerly awaiting word that the production process has actually gotten underway. it's exciting! keep it going that way!

Widget
    so i think we'd just like to know specifically and exactly where things stand in actually beginning to crank some final product out.
    We have 20 lbs. of fumed silica coming to us in the mail (an additive for the resin), which is the only thing we are waiting on currently. The studio is finished and ready to go (except for installing a vent fan, but we can wait a little bit on that, i.e. cast with the door open). The silica should be here on Tuesday, so depending on our schedules coinciding, Ben and I might be casting next week. I will snap a few pictures of the mold inside the finished space, so that you have a visual of the set up.

You have to understand that we are also very anxious for this, it has been a lot of work, and we are eagerly anticipating the reactions to the finished product. With that said, we will be casting all summer, so get ready! It will be a very exciting time for us all, guaranteed!

Heroic Warrior
    Great news! I haven't been able to stop drooling over this thing, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how you guys build em. Keep up the amazing work!

in case you're not on Facebook...

we got the 20 lbs of silica in the mail yesterday...

and we began casting in our new space.

look at the size of that mold.

mwahahaa.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

got any ventilation in that shack? or are the fumes part of the master plan cause it's cheaper than drinking beer.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    in case you're not on Facebook...

we got the 20 lbs of silica in the mail yesterday...
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...61199490_n.jpg
    and we began casting in our new space.
    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...80040400_n.jpg
    look at the size of that mold.

mwahahaa.
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...41027994_n.jpg
    AWESOME!!!!!!
    SO happy to see you're finally able to be up and running! and thank you so much for sharing here in addition to facebook... PLEASE make every effort to keep us appraised of your progress on here for those without facebook! and i'm very curious to hear your accounts of how smoothly/quickly the process goes in contrast to your expectations... any snags along the way... funny experiences/mishaps/surprises, etc! have fun! (oh and, what's your plan/thoughts regarding getting the first (one) totally "done" after casting, meaning fully painted with all extra pieces assembled and ready to be "out the door"??

Widget
    AWESOME!!!!!!
    SO happy to see you're finally able to be up and running! and thank you so much for sharing here in addition to facebook... PLEASE make every effort to keep us appraised of your progress on here for those without facebook! and i'm very curious to hear your accounts of how smoothly/quickly the process goes in contrast to your expectations... any snags along the way... funny experiences/mishaps/surprises, etc! have fun! (oh and, what's your plan/thoughts regarding getting the first (one) totally "done" after casting, meaning fully painted with all extra pieces assembled and ready to be "out the door"??
    We will do our best. With casting our number one priority, I doubt we will be able to provide that kind of play-by-play, but keep an eye out for the pictures.

Ben

please let us know when these are [ready].

looks cool man

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041