Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    why? i'm still very excited for it.
    Because I highly doubt one will ever actually end up in my hands.

do you read there facebook?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    do you read there facebook?
    Yes. More pictures. Every few months. No answers. No time frames. And I have yet to hear of anyone who is actually holding one in their hands.

I think they can get into some real trouble for using those MOTUC accessories in their mold.
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Zenon Reviews!

I was hoping to have this item in hand by CHRISTMAS 2011. Anyone who is still holding out hope for this is delusional. I spent over a year waiting for this to materialize before bailing and here we are another year later and not a single Castle has shipped. Like EtherianChronicles said......"No answers." "No timeframes." A great alternative is available.....http://www.facebook.com/TheCastleOfPower. This was in my hands within a few weeks. This guy knows what he is doing, has the funds available for the necessary supplies, and is responsible/respectful enough not to make promises he can't keep.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm glad I never got mixed up in this mess.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm glad I never got mixed up in this mess.
    same here $400 for just the fosade was just a little to high for my taste

While I'm only an observer, it does seem like these guys are making this set. Scammers wouldn't bother replying or posting pics or generally being as polite as they have been. Those who invested and have been waiting 2+ years have reasons to be annoyed, absolutely, but until they vanish without a trace, I think it's safe to say they feel an obligation to see these through.

I could be wrong, but just reading the last two pages, I don't get the sense anyone's going to be left high and dry.

DisneyBoy,

I don't disagree that the Ben's probably feel an obligation to complete the project. The problem is the level of dedication and the lack of communication. The last straw for me was finding out that they were working on a completely separate Hot Toys Iron Man diorama at the same time and were just as far behind. The whole thing has been handling very irresponsibly. I hope that those holding out hope eventually get their fortress. Regardless of how I feel about their conduct, the fortress really is a work of art.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I wonder if I'll ever get my deposit back... Emailed them on Facebook when we learned that the official Grayskull was going ahead and haven't heard anything back from them. I'm willing to give the guys the benefit of the doubt though as they probably had a whole lot of cancellations. I just wish they'd talk to us more.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    I wonder if I'll ever get my deposit back... Emailed them on Facebook when we learned that the official Grayskull was going ahead and haven't heard anything back from them. I'm willing to give the guys the benefit of the doubt though as they probably had a whole lot of cancellations. I just wish they'd talk to us more.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!! ((((

Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Same here HordeMonkey, I did as well, but I cancelled because I needed my deposit back to buy the crib for my new son. My son is now a month old and I haven't gotten any of it back. I had to put it on a credit card and am still paying interest charges on it. :-(
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

As frustrated as I was with this situation, I want to be clear that I DID get my deposit back. I suspect that a lot more folks dropped out when the Matty Grayskull was announced. I also still feel that the $400 price tag would be worth it if they could actually get this thing made. I would love to have it in addition to my Zombiehama castle and the Matty one, but would never deal with these guys again unless the project was completed and ready to ship immediately.

I just wanted to go on record here that my deposit was refunded and I have no reason to believe this was a scam. These guys simply underestimated the work and time involved with the production of the fortress. As far as I know, they still intend to fill all the remaining orders and refund the money of those who have canceled their order. We all make mistakes, and this project was extremely ambitious and so you gotta give these guys some credit for forging ahead with the project ahead despite the unexpected challenges along the way. So I hope people will cut these guys a break- I believe they are doing the best they can.

this was not a scam guys and gals they had every intention of making this happen. the real castle is the problem here- people asking for refunds.Tthey spent the money making early samples and such figuring out how best to go about this project. good luck on your refunds personally I wouldn't let people back out of this if it were me. Howd the NEW guy get a refund?
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    this was not a scam guys and gals they had every intention of making this happen. the real castle is the problem here- people asking for refunds.Tthey spent the money making early samples and such figuring out how best to go about this project. good luck on your refunds personally I wouldn't let people back out of this if it were me. Howd the NEW guy get a refund?
    they offered for anyone to get put on the refund list, I know they just ran a bunch of refunds recently.

Ben is a good guy, they just bit off more then they could chew. Plus with the real life problems that came up and with also trying to do work to pay their bills, it just got out of hand. But i still stand by these guys will come through either with a refund or the fortress.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    Guys come on, this was in no way a scam. You saw the hard work they put into this. They were trying to make these with no plastic mold injector no aluminum molds.
    This was a love child of artists and their enthusiasm to share their love for motu. Give them a break they don't have a factory nor do they have corporate funding. This is art. Art takes time. All those involved should have known.
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    they offered for anyone to get put on the refund list, I know they just ran a bunch of refunds recently.

Ben is a good guy, they just bit off more then they could chew. Plus with the real life problems that came up and with also trying to do work to pay their bills, it just got out of hand. But i still stand by these guys will come through either with a refund or the fortress.
    actually, i just saw on their facebook page that they posted if all goes according to plan, they'll begin SHIPPING next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i understand folks' frustration with their lack of communication... they SHOULD have been (and still should) posting regular updates of status... even if that's "we've been too busy this week with other things coming up... so nothing new to tell." but, even way back they SAID it would be a LONG process and thus didn't want to estimate timeframe. i give them that, and feel anyone who signed up should have done so acknowledging that there was no guarantee of WHEN they'd get it. i LOVE the thing, and feel it is a masterpiece that i have no doubt will likely even appeal to me more than the matty castle. that's why i signed up, and why i continue to be SUPER excited about getting one! (hopefully, now, not TOO much longer!)
    i DO think it stinks that people cancel especially because of the reveal of the matty one, as these guys needed/used those initial deposits toward this production. i HOPE they'll open up another sign-up list to fill those gaps, so that they at least don't LOSE (too much) money on this project. either way, no one can take away from them the amazing job they've done... i hope the bens can still be excited and proud about this work. and, once i have mine, no one will be able to take from ME this awesome unique part of my collection!

as a indi toy fan i think there has been some over reacting going on. 3A takes your money and some times you don't see the figure for a year.

Received my refund, thank Cthulhu.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    Guys come on, this was in no way a scam. You saw the hard work they put into this. They were trying to make these with no plastic mold injector no aluminum molds.
    This was a love child of artists and their enthusiasm to share their love for motu. Give them a break they don't have a factory nor do they have corporate funding. This is art. Art takes time. All those involved should have known.
    All those involved should have known? That's a bit smug. Did you make a large down payment and spend the next year trying to get these guys to give a definitive time frame for completion? I don't think anyone here is questioning intentions, but good intentions don't excuse lack of communication and failure to deliver. I was extremely patient for the first 6 to 8 months and only asked for updates every couple of months. The responses went from very cordial early on, to downright rude by the end. This piece is indeed a work of art and I would have been more than happy to hold out if not for the lack of honest communication.

as a indi toy fan i think there has been some over reacting going on. 3A takes your money and some times you don't see the figure for a year.
    I'm still waiting 3 years+ for an order of figures from Shocker Toys that I was told would ship directly after SDCC 2010.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm still waiting 3 years+ for an order of figures from Shocker Toys that I was told would ship directly after SDCC 2010.
    And you think this is acceptable? I would do a little research on Shocker Toys if I were you. I can't believe they are still in business.

sadly Shocker toys is not gone but they guy reopened it under a new name, he's not told us if he will still send out the figs guys paid for.

529366_528365427195724_1071341195_n.jpg

let the shipping begin... #1.

( That door is not painted. Just pulled it from the mold. )

Speaking of doors...

481491_528363157195951_141262860_n.jpg

Head over to the ON DEADLY GROUND facebook page to see more.
    Last edited by bishart; February 7, 2013 at 04:22pm.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net