Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Any updates? I'm dying to see how this turns out...

Wow amazing work
    Frieden gibt es nicht, nur Leidenschaft.
    Durch Leidenschaft erlange ich Stärke.
    Durch Stärke erlange ich Macht.
    Durch Macht erlange ich den Sieg.
    Durch den Sieg zerbersten meine Ketten.
    ...Die Macht wird mich befreien.

I have the Power!!

Why the pics were removed??? I cant see them...

Never mind.... I saw them with my iPhone!!!

I check this thread on a daily basis!!! LOL!
    Last edited by He Man 12; May 7, 2011 at 10:17am.
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Why the pics were removed??? I cant see them...

Never mind.... I saw them with my iPhone!!!

I check this thread on a daily basis!!! LOL!
    I think they are still up. I see them on the first page.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Yeah, I was trying to see them form my work computer.....No prob with my iPhone!

Awesome work! I can'y beleive how cool is that. You are a fantastic designer.
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

pics pics pics Arrrrrrgh

Can`t wait

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    pics pics pics Arrrrrrgh

Can`t wait
    well, i think were finally done with the RUBBER. now were onto the outer shell of the mother mold. will be using fiberglass and resin.

here are some photos of the fortress covered in rubber! pretty crazy looking.

-ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

it's like archeologists unearthed grayskull.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

looking good !

Hope to see that hyper detailed in all it`s glory soon

Regards

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar

Floored. Stunned. Amazing.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

That is going to be SO much fun to cast!! I mean, aside from the fumes and the pouring and all the hard part I just imagine that seeing the first cast version will be incredibly satisfying!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That is going to be SO much fun to cast!! I mean, aside from the fumes and the pouring and all the hard part I just imagine that seeing the first cast version will be incredibly satisfying!!
    Yeah I absolutely can't wait. Were moving the fortress from the other bens house to my house today to do the outer fiberglass mothermold. And should be able to do that all today. And then that's it. We can start casting this big mother. Were using a spray gun that we hook up to a giant air compressor and it literally SHOOTS the plastic into the mold. With a cure time of TWO SECONDS!!
    Once we have even one cast we can quickly get to work on the outer wall removable panels, which won't take long at all. And the jaw bridge, and the gun, and the flag pole , and some other stuff. Most of that is almost done actually. Haha just wanted to let you know all those will need a mold to and will be casted. So wow. Ton of work haha.
    But I'm looking so forward to having one of these in my toy room. I feel like I should not even bother setting up my place without it. There's a big empty spot where a fortress of power will be.

Can't wait.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

I can't wait to see the outcome, I mean on this grand a scale its pretty damn impressive
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Widget
    This is truly a monstor of a castle. I can't wait to see this completed, and waiting at my doorstep. I am also very excited to see whats slithering up next from you.

Amazing

Reminds me, the gun will not fire correct?

Hey guys. Thanks again for all the comments. Please remember it's against the forum rules to talk about any list, real or not or customs for sale. I've been contacted by a mod who kindly reminded me I should mention that any ofthat talk needs to be in PM.

I appreciate all the enthusiasm of course. Lie the comments. Just don't wantto get in trouble haha.
    So if those of you who mentioned such things wanted to remove those comments that would be awesome.

I'll be posting pics later today. the mold will be finished!!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    not necessary, i've already taken care of that!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    Were using a spray gun that we hook up to a giant air compressor and it literally SHOOTS the plastic into the mold. With a cure time of TWO SECONDS!!
    Hey Bish,

The only thing I worry about with a casting like that is the trapped air bubbles.

Have you tried a test run with some waste plastic? Like brushing it into the mold first to reduce air bubbles, then since it dries so fast, to then add another coat with the gun. That way, you can see if the first layer will adhere to the second layer well.

I fear that if you ONLY use the gun, then you'll have the trapped air. If you try to use the brush first, then the gun afterward, and the layers don't adhere, then you're stuck trying to find another medium to use.

I don't want to sound like a downer, I just don't want to see you get stuck. Or ruin the mold, or ruin your plans.

Let us know how it goes!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Devotion

That is devotion Bishart, creating such an amazing castle and then creating the permanent space for it in your collection. I just bought an Vintage Eternia and now I gotta make space for that hulk and all my other castles together. I think I am downsizing my SW stuff and getting rid of a AT-TE to make space for some of my MOTU display pieces. I think MOTU over SW is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sdilks View Post
    Hey Bish,

The only thing I worry about with a casting like that is the trapped air bubbles.

Have you tried a test run with some waste plastic? Like brushing it into the mold first to reduce air bubbles, then since it dries so fast, to then add another coat with the gun. That way, you can see if the first layer will adhere to the second layer well.

I fear that if you ONLY use the gun, then you'll have the trapped air. If you try to use the brush first, then the gun afterward, and the layers don't adhere, then you're stuck trying to find another medium to use.

I don't want to sound like a downer, I just don't want to see you get stuck. Or ruin the mold, or ruin your plans.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey man. Yeah we have stuff to test with. But there won't be any problems. This is the type of thing it's made for. Large one piece molds. It's how they make huge dead horse molds in movies and all that stuff. Haha. It comes out so thin, like milk. Which gets onto every detail and then cures in literally 2 seconds. Brushing isn't even an option. It mixes as it comes out of the gun and pretty much cures as it hits the air. Def. Not brushable. Appreciate you looking out for us. But don't worry. It will work!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Quote Originally Posted by Death138 View Post
    Reminds me, the gun will not fire correct?
    no, it wont shoot. BUT. it is detachable, so you dont have to display/ use it, i know some people dont believe in guns VS swords. it will rotate 360 degrees, and point up and down.

you are going to love the gun. its insane. cant wait to show you.

finished the mold yesterday. these past 2 days were the hardest days ive ever works. it may not look like it was that bad but it was HELL haha.

boat resin mother mold... does not want to detatch without a fight. and this is an enormous mold. so it was heavy. real heavy. nut now that there is no fortress inside, the world is a better place, and the mold isnt that heavy at all. im cleaning it up today. will shoot some pics later. but for now, enjoy these pics of the process.

it got dark...

ben a. holding up the detached mother mold piece with the defeated rubber skin on the ground!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

So cool. Where did you learn to make this type of mold?

chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    So cool. Where did you learn to make this type of mold?

chris
    ben a. ( i am ben b. haha ) is a mold making and casting genius. he teaches classes on it, has been doing it forever. i dont know where he first learned it, but he uses boat resin shells like this often, it makes it very light. hes got the ability to see everything ina mirror image, and know how the mold will have to work. its really crazy.
    ive been starting to do a few smaller ones ( everything is smaller than this ) and am starting to understand it. its really cool.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Ya know, I am just back from the pub and sat here one of my good friends here who happens to be a plastic casting expert and we are having a great time seeing these pics!
    Reaction injection molding is the words I ma being otld here!

I wasn't ware that you needed both a mother mold and daughter mold!

Wicked stuff!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Ya know, I am just back from the pub and sat here one of my good friends here who happens to be a plastic casting expert and we are having a great time seeing these pics!
    Reaction injection molding is the words I ma being otld here!

I wasn't ware that you needed both a mother mold and daughter mold!

Wicked stuff!!
    thanks man! yeah. need the hard shell to keep the shape, and the rubber for all the detail!
    the rubber picked up all the detail amazingly, so it will look just like the original sculpture!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net