Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortress of power

Yeah

I'm so Excited. Checking this board has become a regular occurrence for me. This Castle looks better and more magnificent then my Eternia playset.

Quote Originally Posted by Death138 View Post
    I'm so Excited. Checking this board has become a regular occurrence for me. This Castle looks better and more magnificent then my Eternia playset.
    for me as well. im always hoping for new comments. still just cleaning out the rubber mold. alot of the fortress sculpt is in there right now. but i should have some cool photos soon!
    Last edited by bishart; May 17, 2011 at 03:23pm.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

The wait is likely very worth it.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    OMG!!! I love the anticipation that is born with every comment. I am also very excited to point out some new revelations I've had about the fortress. I saw someones pic of their collection and they showed the 3 towers and I saw how the tower resembling the C.G. has spiral stairs. It made me feel like that kind of inspired the stairs around the top of ur skull, and even if I'm wrong, I wanna pretend I'm right, lol. I also realized how much these two share in size and it made me very excited to think I'm gonna get to see figures next to something so massive in stature for toys this size as well. Almost too much for me to take in all at once lol, but I'll take all I can get!
    Last edited by beyond the legends; May 18, 2011 at 01:04am.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

I need new pictures!!!!! The wait is (figuratively) killing me.

Those pics of you guys working on the mold are wild!! So cool!!

That is going to be a memory you never forget!

Can't wait to see the finished product
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I need new pictures!!!!! The wait is (figuratively) killing me.
    well we cant let that happen!

here are some quick shots i took last night. the mold still needs to be powerwashed to get some of that gray clay residue youre seeing out. but man does it look cool to see it in the negative!

-ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

this is awesome! I'm so excited! I have a question, I've never made a mold before and I really would like to do that for my wip grayskull. if you mess up can you easily destroy your original sculpt? or is it just more likely that the mold will look like crap and you can try again?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    this is awesome! I'm so excited! I have a question, I've never made a mold before and I really would like to do that for my wip grayskull. if you mess up can you easily destroy your original sculpt? or is it just more likely that the mold will look like crap and you can try again?
    In an earlier post he mentioned there were still some pieces of the original sculpt in the mold. That must mean the sculpt didnt survive.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    In an earlier post he mentioned there were still some pieces of the original sculpt in the mold. That must mean the sculpt didnt survive.
    frightening prospect! I don't want to try on grayskull then, I have to start posting pics!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hey. Thank you. And yeah. Your sculpt will not survive. Well. Maybe. Depending on what it's made of. But ours was all sorts of materials and wet clay. We literally had to destroy it just to get the mold off of it. It was a nightmare.
    But. I wouldn't worry to much about screwing up. It's not difficult. Just make sure you mix the rubber properly and apply it carefully. You'll be fine!
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Wow, that came out great! I just cant get over the fact how big it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Wow, that came out great! I just cant get over the fact how big it is.
    yeah the damn thing is enormous. haha storing this mold in our homes has become a challenge in and of itself. plus it smells highy toxic thanks to the resin mothermold. its destroying my brain haha.

just made another mold too for some hot toys, making molds= no fun. casting from molds=pretty awesome. playing with your toys on those cast pieces = the best thing ever.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Quote Originally Posted by bishart View Post
    yeah the damn thing is enormous. haha storing this mold in our homes has become a challenge in and of itself. plus it smells highy toxic thanks to the resin mothermold. its destroying my brain haha.

just made another mold too for some hot toys, making molds= no fun. casting from molds=pretty awesome. playing with your toys on those cast pieces = the best thing ever.
    that sounds exactly right!

I'm thinking of curing my castle first so no wet clay. anyway as I said before you guys really and truly inspire me with this. it's such an awesome piece hope you'll check out my thread - going to put it up within the hour.

Fear is faith in failure

that sounds exactly right!

I'm thinking of curing my castle first so no wet clay. anyway as I said before you guys really and truly inspire me with this. it's such an awesome piece hope you'll check out my thread - going to put it up within the hour.
    of course ill check it out man! looking forward to it.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

great and by no means do i mean to (or am able to) steal thunder from your thread by mentioning my project I just REALLY am inspired by your great work.

Fear is faith in failure

great and by no means do i mean to (or am able to) steal thunder from your thread by mentioning my project I just REALLY am inspired by your great work.
    oh dont worry about that at all. im flattered we inspired people, and love looking at other peoples projects.

by the way... we have already started working on our next project...
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    dude. i love the fact that your dishes in your sink are NOT getting done.

cause i love that all of that energy is going into making this master piece.

great work. keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    dude. i love the fact that your dishes in your sink are NOT getting done.

cause i love that all of that energy is going into making this master piece.

great work. keep it up.
    oh yeah. you got that right. it is PILING up man. not doing that crap.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Best pictures in the world to come home to. I think it looks beautiful. Cannot wait to see the final product. Also great Showman ship Bishart. I like the way it looks almost as tall as the kitchen counter.

Wow! That is totally amazing! I love it!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

by the way... we have already started working on our next project...
    Let me guess... The "Serpent Sanctum"
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Let me guess... The "Serpent Sanctum"
    Haha. Nope. Not yet anyway.
    -ben bishop
    www.bishart.net

Haha. Nope. Not yet anyway.
    Scary Rocky Top?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Jaw bridge of Teeth??