Thread: Would you want a vehicle for SDCC 2012?

Heroic Warrior

Would you want a vehicle for SDCC 2012?

Now that vehicles will be included into the line, would you want a vehicle as SDCC exclusive for 2012?

For example the Road Ripper had a very rare blue variant in the 80ies that could become the Con exclusive and later be released in green for mattycollector- or the stickers could be a bit different...

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Now that vehicles will be included into the line, would you want a vehicle as SDCC exclusive for 2012?

For example the Road Ripper had a very rare blue variant in the 80ies that could become the Con exclusive and later be released in green for mattycollector- or the stickers could be a bit different...
    There was also a red road ripper in the UK comics that would be cool!

Also, a reverse colour Attak Trak as a homage to "Evilseed" would be cool as well
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I would love to see a vehicle as the SDCC exclusive! There are so many great classic vehicles to do, so many great possibilities! I'd really be happy with any classic vehicle, but Spydor would be cool to see.

I am just not a vehicle guy so no interest for me. The day when they are included in the subscription is when i stop that and buy monthly.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I am just not a vehicle guy so no interest for me. The day when they are included in the subscription is when i stop that and buy monthly.
    I feel exactly the same

To be honest, I'm kinda torn on the whole vehicle thing.

I mean, vehicles would be cool to have, but I know that the first few vehicles that they make are most likely gonna be vintage vehicles, and most of them I've never really cared for.

I think the Battle Ram and Attack Track are 2 dumb looking vehicles. The Sky Sled is okay, but more than likely it won't come without the Battle Ram.

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone, that I'm holding out for more of the 200X vehicles. There are a few vintage ones that I'd like to see, such as:

*Land Shark
    *Spydor
    *Strydor/Nightstalker
    *Mantisaur

The rest, they can keep.

For 200X its:

*Battle Hawk
    *War Whale
    *Ram Chariot
    *Terror-Dactyl
    *Wind Raider
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

As long as it's something acceptable like your example there. I don't wanna be extremely disappointed or have to hand my wallet over to a lucky someone that lives in SoCal for the one I want.

I don't care what the SDCC exclusive is, as long as I can get the version I want on Mattycollector and they make enough of them for everyone who's causing the WSOD.

I'm stressin just thinking about this.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    This idea of doing a minor repaint for the SDCC exclusive (even of a vehicle rather than figure) seems to be diametrically opposed to the way Mattel is doing their MotUC SDCC exclusives, which involve doing awkwardly-priced/high-profile/high-tooling items.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i would take an evil warriors sky sled w/the snake head on front like in the cartoon w/ a repainted molarr 2 pack skelly.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    NO. I prefer a figure as the SDCC exclusive.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    This idea of doing a minor repaint for the SDCC exclusive (even of a vehicle rather than figure) seems to be diametrically opposed to the way Mattel is doing their MotUC SDCC exclusives, which involve doing awkwardly-priced/high-profile/high-tooling items.
    Like the color change Orko who was released on matty in different color?

Well, it would make July a cheaper month for me! I'm not all that interested in vehicles personally.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'd rather not have vehicles for exclusives. The mark up on exclusives is rough as it is but when you're talking a possibly $40+ item PLUS shipping, yikes. Pricey.

I'd rather focus on the figures and sprinkle the vehicles out here and there.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Like the color change Orko who was released on matty in different color?
    Orko was one of those awkwardly-priced items I mentioned (Anything too small for $20, or between $20-30). Vehicles have a slot set aside for them, while there's no place for Kowl, Loo-Kee, The Oracle and possibly Modulok & Multi-Bot outside of SDCC.

I'd lean towards having a figure for SDCC rather than a vehicle.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    To be honest...I'm not huge on vehicles. I like the "beasts" (I include Strydor, Night Stalker, Mantisaur, etc. in there), but I don't know about the vehicles.

They're big, will cost a lot, take up a lot of space and tooling budget...and the figures might not even be able to fit INTO the vehicles because they can't sit that well (like...how we need a She-Ra 2.0 to ride Swiftwind). I'd prefer to keep the figures...and not have to buy 2.0's of everyone to fit a few vehicles.

I mean...I don't even have all the 80's vehicles yet.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

My preference for SDCC items is obscure or canon-related variants that may not be sought after by all fans, however I'd definitely scoop up a vehicle if there was one on offer.

I don't think I'd be so keen on a colour variant vehicle as an exclusive however. Even with my lack of care about how much I spend on MOTUC, shelling out big bucks just for a different colour Wind Raider would make me think twice.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I like the idea of vehicles, but if they ever include even one annually in the subscription that would be the year I stopped the subscriptions. (I'm still really on the fence about getting one for 2012) I'm not really too keen on the beasts either. Sure they're good, and some of them I really want (I mean you have to have Panthor, Battlecat, Swiftwind) and I really loved all the Horde beast/vehicle hybrids from the vintage line.

But I'd rather have all of that stuff be optional instead of having to go through the hassle of getting the sub, paying for the beast/vehicle, getting it, hoping it's not screwed up, then reselling it.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture