Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't a vehicle take the place of a giant figure.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar

Why can't a vehicle take the place of a giant figure.

Why can't they take the place of a giant figure in the sub. How much do they think they are gonna go for. I'm so sure people can afford them if there really expensive. I hope they done go nuts and over price them. Ecpesically with this new shipping prices and taxes. Please mattel give us a break on them.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    My poor, can of soup eating ass self is also frightened by the thought of vehicles. Well, not the thought cuz I know they are gonna be awesome and I HAVE to have them, but the unknown price points that they will bring.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

In one of the Q & A rounds, Mattel said they purposely keep stuff like that out of the subscription so they can have the ability to raise and lower the amount of SKUs they do every year, and have some room to play around with new concepts without being tied to the subscription.

I don't know but I think Battlecat/Panthor were reasonable.Of course they were also able to reuse the cat buck etc.I think mattel will watch the pricing since the news of some old nostalgic toys relaunching classic Ninja turtles and Thundercats.Right now most of my toy money goes to lego as opposed to when Mattel dominated my toy budget. I would be excited to get a land shark.I am pretty sure it will be the battle ram so they can sell the little detachable jet thing in a two pack at toysrus or something.
    Last edited by Vorgon; April 24, 2011 at 12:59pm.

A lot of the vehicles are different sizes, so would therefore have different prices, i.e. you wouldn't expect to pay the same for Battle Bones as you would for a Doomcopter, so I think this is the reason.

If anything replaces a giant in the sub, it should be army builder 2 packs. Need me some Horde Troopers, Horde Wraiths, Snakemen, Fishmen and Kex already!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I have no desire for vehicles. If I was younger, maybe.....but even then, I wasn't much of a fan for vehicles. My parents were glad that I would rather have the action figures over the vehicles.....it saved them money.

I don't plan on buying any vehicles at all with this line. Give me the figures and animals....that's it!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I have no desire for vehicles. If I was younger, maybe.....but even then, I wasn't much of a fan for vehicles. My parents were glad that I would rather have the action figures over the vehicles.....it saved them money.

I don't plan on buying any vehicles at all with this line. Give me the figures and animals....that's it!
    What he said. I have limited shelf space for this line as is. I can't think of a vehicle that I would be that excited for.

Heroic Warrior
    At this point, I think we have to wait for the 1st vehicle to be released before we can actually judge the coolness and the quality (or lack thereof) of a vehicle.

Plus, some figures won't be able to be put in or on a vehicle. Think about the figures with limited movement, with "skirts" (She-Ra 1.0, Preternia Disguise He-Man), with capes, with long loincloths, or the ones who have a bigger body (Ram Man, Leech)... Plus, some figures just can't sit (Hssss, Bow...)! I see no point of buying expensive vehicles if only 4 or 5 figures can be used for them.

Also, Toyguru said that it was still uncertain that motorized vehicles would be motorized. Spydor, Attak Trak, Dragonwalker MUST be motorized !

Personally, I'll wait, and I certainly don't want a vehicle to replace a large scale beast or giant figure at this point !
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 24, 2011 at 01:22pm.

As people have said, it's because they don't know that the vehicles will be priced at $30 or even $40. A fully sculpted Battle Ram like the prototype shown at SDCC would likely push into the $50-60 range.

And they need to have one fixed price point for their items for the purpose of the Sub.

I totally fell the same.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I think i have to agree with Prahvus. It's going to be kind of ridiculous to have these awesome vehicles but no one to sit in them. I would much rather focus on figures and beasts.

Replace the vechicles with Army Builders or GIANT figures like dragons or even playsets!! I'll take playsets over vehicles any day.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I'll take playsets over vehicles any day.
    OMG, yes! I crave playsets. While I would be sad, I could pass on vehicles because of expense and the possibility no one may be able to sit in them...but there's no way I could pass on playsets!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Why can't they take the place of a giant figure in the sub. How much do they think they are gonna go for. I'm so sure people can afford them if there really expensive. I hope they done go nuts and over price them. Ecpesically with this new shipping prices and taxes. Please mattel give us a break on them.
    Because according to the law they need to be upfront in terms of what you're getting and how much it will cost - they still don't know the cost and they sure didn't know it back when the sub was on sale - if they just swap it now someone could take them to court for that..
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, once they get them figured out, I suspect they WILL take the place of the giants and beasts...

But they can't switch them out midstream or anything... I think 2012 will be outside the subscription... but by the time 2012 comes around they'll be wrapped in with 2 beasts and 1 2-pack... no giant in 2012...

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Ok I agree that what the heck Re you gonna do with giant vehicles. But why not smaller ones. Like the Sky Sled, like one maned vehicles. A good example the monogram snaptite vehicles. Small but good. I'm not in now way lobbying for huge ones with a price point of 70 plus. I mean what do you do with the toy. But the smaller ones would do justice and I would say they can take the place cause they can be on the cheaper side of 50 bucks hopefully.

And yea plateaus or diaromas would be really nice to have
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would be perfectly happy for Matty to switch in vehicles for beasts/giants if they are priced the same.

However I guess not everyone has the same interest in MOTU vehicles as I do.

My hope is that the first vehicle sells like crazy and then Mattel feel comfortable to make some more. If they are not part of the subscription then that is fine as it means one more, additional MOTUC product in the year. Waiting until 2017 to get everything is already driving my inpatient butt nuts so any small mercy to pump extra product out quicker is a good thing.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I think they need to divide up the subscription into a few different tiers, maybe a "figure only" tier, a "Figure and beast" tier, "Figure and pack" tier, and an "All inclusive" tier. Basically, if you only want the figures, you can get JUST the figures, or figures and the packs, or beasts, or EVERYTHING. I think the incentive would be to have the subscription prices a bit cheaper, or, as it is now, an extra figure.

I would get everything, even the vehicles. I hate wondering if I will get in on stuff that isn't part of the monthly subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I think they need to divide up the subscription into a few different tiers, maybe a "figure only" tier, a "Figure and beast" tier, "Figure and pack" tier, and an "All inclusive" tier. Basically, if you only want the figures, you can get JUST the figures, or figures and the packs, or beasts, or EVERYTHING. I think the incentive would be to have the subscription prices a bit cheaper, or, as it is now, an extra figure.

I would get everything, even the vehicles. I hate wondering if I will get in on stuff that isn't part of the monthly subscription.
    I'm all for the tiered subscriptions... and although they will say it is "logistically impossible", there is no difference between this and the combined MOTUC/Ghostbusters subscription that they managed to do last year...

Thats the way I feel. I disliked them as a kid and like them less now.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This would be the easiest vehicle to make. I wouldn't mind seeing this as the first one made.

I'm mixed on vehicles as well, I feel I can handle them if they come once a year, but if they start coming every quarter then that might be an issue.

Please make the Wind Raider able to hold 2 figures side by side though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Please make the Wind Raider able to hold 2 figures side by side though.
    And a back seat for Cringer to sit in!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    This would be the easiest vehicle to make. I wouldn't mind seeing this as the first one made.
    Yes, the Jet Sled would be a good choice, because many figures could use it ! It shouldn't be too expensive either.

But we know the first vehicle should be a mid-sized vehicle (that's what Toyguru said), so I guess we won't get the Jet Sled first.

Personally, I'm more interested in the big and/or elaborate vehicles (Spydor, Fright Fighter, Dragon Walker, Blasterhawk...), but since Mattel lacks ambition and is scared to actually invest in this line and to produce anything elaborate (no action features, sticking to the limitations of the 80's figures, giants that are smaller than their 80's counterparts...), I doubt we'll ever see them, and I have even more doubts they'll have enough courage to produce motorized vehicles. Plus, we know that while they go cheap on the production and quality, they will go expensive for the price of those items...

I think now would be the right time for the first playset. But even for playsets, Mattel procrastinates. "Too expensive to produce", "maybe during a movie year"... blah, blah, blah... this movie year thing is a sad new 21st century trend. During the 80's, Castle Grayskull and the other playsets were NOT released during a movie year (except maybe Eternia, which didn't appear in the movie anyway). They should get to at least one playset soon. They could even start with the Slime Pit, which is not really big (but we all know fans expect Catsle Grayskull to be the 1st playset released).

Personally, I think Mattel's decisions for the next 2 years will be decisive for the future of the line. Not enough (or too much) ambition will mean the end of the line and a decline in sales. I think they should keep going with the figures and large scale beasts as the main sales factor. And that's what they do. There will be only 1 vehicle in 2011, and maybe another one in 2012 (that's what Toyguru pointed at, depending of course on the sales of the 1st vehicle, which means that no matter how good or crappy the 1st vehicle is, it will sell out anyway because fans will feel obliged to buy it).

In fact, I have the feeling Mattel should have done like in the 80's, and should have produced 1 or 2 vehicles a year from the beginning of the line, and 1 playset so far, just like they did in the 80's. But because of the lack of faith and investment in MOTUC, and because of the lack of ambition, there are vehicles and playsets we might never get in MOTUC...
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 25, 2011 at 06:01am.