Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fused Keldor Swords in Weapons Packs!

Fused Keldor Swords in Weapons Packs!

I just opened my Weapons Pack and the Keldor Swords are FUSED! I got the Pack strictly for the Keldor Swords. How is Matty gonna fix this? I have already opened the package and thrown it out so I'm sure they won't except it returned open! Has any one else encountered this problem? I can't imagine I am the only one. This could be a big problem!

Updated with pics!!

Fused 2.jpg

Fused 1.jpg
    Last edited by isic; October 20, 2012 at 11:00pm.

Snappy Threader
    Mine are seperated. Though I do like the Powercon fused version much better. That's very weird, I wonder how many were like that....

Why would you want to return it? It's a rare and sought-after variant.
    Of course, it's not what you paid for or expected to get. But still...

Wow, I seriously hope it's a non issue, because this will be truly the first time I will have received something that was screwed up. I mean, other than just looking at it through the plastic, if you can tell like that, I would never know unless I open it when I get it. I only bought the damn thing for the new weapons, because I have all 4 figures they were meant for....and I want complete figures....but I want the separating Keldor swords....I mean, this should have been a very carefully monitored thing, since there were both versions put out.

Are you sure they just aren't really tight? Maybe run them under some warm water to see of the pegs loosen up....

But all things considered....wouldn't the fused version be more valuable?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Are they just stuck together, or is it from the single-piece mold?

I'm sure they'd take it back, even though you don't have the package.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Agreed. Ebay it if you don't like it and use the cash to buy a new pack. Or, buy a second pack and have the Powercon exclusive. I understand the frustration though, I figure a call to CS wouldn't hurt....Do you have a pic? I am curious if it differs at all from what we got at Powercon.....

Heroic Warrior
    LOL I know I keep wondering that...

Even loose, without the cellophane wrap the con version came with, you can easily sell that for enough to buy a 2nd weapons pack.

That is, until we find out how widespread this is - and the value goes down. Very glad I didn't spring to pay $18 for one from the con now as it seems they will be easier to get - not that I even wanted one very badly to begin with.

Well for starters... THEY ARE FUSED TOGETHER!

Second, if I wanted a fused Keldor Sword I would have pursued one!

Look, I don't collect these toys because they are "rare or sought-after". The demand or rarity of these have no bearing on me whatsoever. I collect them because I like them. I don't care how rare it is... it is defective!

Nor do I want to go through the hassle of trying to sell off a defective product in the hopes I will make enough money to cover another throw of the dice! I have had enough of a hassle trying to get rid of the mound of unwanted POP figures I have.

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post

Look, I don't collect these toys because they are "rare or sought-after". The demand or rarity of these have no bearing on me whatsoever. I collect them because I like them. I don't care how rare it is... it is defective!

Nor do I want to go through the hassle of trying to sell off a defective product in the hopes I will make enough money to cover another throw of the dice! I have had enough of a hassle trying to get rid of the mound of unwanted POP figures I have.
    Considering that they are still in stock, I am sure you can get a replacement. Take a deep breath and just email the CS team requesting an exchange.

Heroic Warrior
    nevermind wrong thread.

I just opened my Weapons Pack and the Keldor Swords are FUSED! I got the Pack strictly for the Keldor Swords. How is Matty gonna fix this? I have already opened the package and thrown it out so I'm sure they won't except it returned open! Has any one else encountered this problem? I can't imagine I am the only one. This could be a big problem!
    These things happen. Unfortunately much too often for most fans tastes recently, but still. Best advice, pursue a return, yes even sans packaging. I'm sure Mattel will work with your situation. Good luck.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    Or I'm sure someone would just trade you another one to have a fused sword, if you didn't want to deal with eBay...

Heroic Warrior
    Isic, you're not the first one to have reported this problem with the Keldor swords. Someone else posted about it yesterday.

So it seems that we were fed more low quality control items. What a "surprise"....

The main issue comes from what we were TOLD again by Mattel, namely that the Keldor swords that would come in the weapons pack would be DETACHABLE ! Seems like that's yet another Mattel/Matty promise that was broken...

Then they'll blame the fans and will feign to wonder why there are huge hurdles to reach the 2014 minimum subs quota...

Let's hope that the weapons pack undetachable Keldor swords won't be a widespread problem... but I have my doubts.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 21, 2012 at 05:59am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Isic, you're not the first one to have reported this problem with the Keldor swords. Someone else posted about it yesterday.

So it seems that we were fed more low quality control items. What a "surprise"....

The main issue comes from what we were TOLD again by Mattel, namely that the Keldor swords that would come in the weapons pack would be DETACHABLE ! Seems like that's yet another Mattel/Matty promise that was broken...

Then they'll blame the fans and will feign to wonder why there are huge hurdles to reach the 2014 minimum subs quota...

Let's hope that the weapons pack undetachable Keldor swords won't be a widespread problem... but I have my doubts.
    I won't be opening my WP, but I still wanted the "detachable" swords, that was the point of getting it in the weapons pack....to get the swords as meant for Keldor, as in 200X, now I am not a 200X fan, but I have Keldor in Classics, as Classics style, and since they are his swords, in Classics style, not 200X....I would like them to be as intended...."detachable". Although I will have to say, Keldor / Skeletor & possibly Mantenna, are the only figures I like from 200X.

By the way, are the Fused Swords one piece, or the same mold as the "detachable" swords, just glued together?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Call or write to Matty customer service before you assume the situation is impossible. Its not ideal, what happened, but I doubt it's insurmountable. It's likely they suspected this could happen, since this is where the fused swords came from so I doubt they'll give you any grief. You don't know until you try, right?

Well looks like it's 1001 swords now!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Well looks like it's 1001 swords now!
    So much for being rare.

Tallstars comment above is a good reason for the .org to feature a like button.

I haven't received the WP yet, but after seeing PD's review... the insides of that sword look horrible. I have Keldor holding his 2002 sword right now, and I think I may just keep him like that, at least they are colored 360 and don't have awful peg holes.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    By the way, are the Fused Swords one piece, or the same mold as the "detachable" swords, just glued together?
    They're different molds. The weapons pack version will have China printed on both blades while the fused sword only displays it once.

I have the Power-Con swords and awaiting the WP. I think I'll have keldor dual wielding dual swords. Too much? It'd be better if the base came together.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Considering you were supposed to be blowing up your toys a few weeks back maybe a perfectly placed salute will blow them apart and you'll have what you want. I have 2 packs coming if you want to trade your fused for one of my separated swords I'll do it.

Heroic Warrior
    The fused swords were supposed to be "first" available at the con, now they are available at weapons packs as a chase variant!!! Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by LANTERN-RO View Post
    The fused swords were supposed to be "first" available at the con, now they are available at weapons packs as a chase variant!!! Cool!
    Isic, have you confirmed you have only one China on your sword? If there are two Chinas you may just need to apply a little force to separate the sword. Mine wasn't easy the first try. Otherwise I too can confirm the fused sword only has 1 China.

I say either keep it because it may be rare (if you're sure they aren't just stuck together snugly),
    sell that sucker on eBay if it's the rare fused variant and buy another set since they are in stock,
    or just send for a replacement which DR offers.
    Problem solved.