Thread: Help with Griffin Assembly

Help with Griffin Assembly

Hello everyone,

Recently I finally got around to unboxing my MOTU Classics Griffin I bought years ago as I finally have some extra space to display it. Much to my dismay, I didn't realize the wings of the Griffin came unattached.

The main problem I'm having now though is I can't for the life of me figure out how they attach to the body. I mean I see the huge holes where they should go, but I don't see anything inside the holes which should attach to anything on the wing.

I searched the internet for anyone that might have had this problem but it doesn't seem like anyone has. Maybe I'm an idiot, but logically for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Now I'm paranoid I have some sort of defective Griffin that's missing pieces or something and that's why I'm having trouble.

I know most posters know what the Griffin looks like, but I'm posting the below pictures in case I'm right about having some sort of defective Griffin. Please any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can't see the forest from the trees, but this is extremely frustrating.

photoa.jpgphotos.jpg
    Visit my pop culture blog at: http://ghostelectric.tumblr.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by larsov View Post
    Hello everyone,

Recently I finally got around to unboxing my MOTU Classics Griffin I bought years ago as I finally have some extra space to display it. Much to my dismay, I didn't realize the wings of the Griffin came unattached.

The main problem I'm having now though is I can't for the life of me figure out how they attach to the body. I mean I see the huge holes where they should go, but I don't see anything inside the holes which should attach to anything on the wing.

I searched the internet for anyone that might have had this problem but it doesn't seem like anyone has. Maybe I'm an idiot, but logically for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Now I'm paranoid I have some sort of defective Griffin that's missing pieces or something and that's why I'm having trouble.

I know most posters know what the Griffin looks like, but I'm posting the below pictures in case I'm right about having some sort of defective Griffin. Please any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I can't see the forest from the trees, but this is extremely frustrating.

photoa.jpgphotos.jpg
    It actually does look to me like you might be missing an inner plastic piece in the socket. I took a pic of my own griffin for comparison. That really sucks if yours turns out to be defective, since the griffin is an awesome piece to display, but that kind of stuff happens from time to time in this line (I just realized a couple months ago that my Flipshot actually has 2 left shin pieces… which kind of shows you how little attention I pay to that figure.)

IMG_0994.jpg

Thanks for responding. Yeah, I thought mine must have been defective. What sucks the worst is the fact that you can't see the defect from the outside of the packaging because of the way the wings are displayed.

What a kick in the shins.
    Visit my pop culture blog at: http://ghostelectric.tumblr.com