Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Other action figure lines that are compatible with MOTUC?

I was wondering if anyone can suggest other lines of figures that are the same height and similar stature as the MOTUC figures?

I'm interested in finding figures that would be compatible to use as new characters or to use as a source for new heads and other parts to make custom figures out of some of my existing MOTUC.

Anybody got any ideas?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Jakks Pacific WWE or (for more articulation) MMA fighters. I think Mattel's WWE figures will work as well, just get the bigger guys.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada

...Another "Giant" for MOTUC to battle!!

...Imagine a few of these bad boys against your Grayskull, Vikor, or even He-Man!!

not my cup of tea, i seriously need a new NA figure ... i swear that i do

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I like the nordic feeling of that thing! What is it? Some Marvel Legends related figure?

That's sweet.

Shame that it's a US exclusive.
    Last edited by DroothR; April 27, 2011 at 08:31pm.

I got mine at Walmart over 2 weeks ago...It is very nice in sculpt. The worst thing I can say for it is it's very heavy!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

never heard of it.

Tempted to pick this one up. I don't collect Marvel Legends but I am interested in adding the Frost Giant to my MOTU collection. Maybe I'll sell the Loki figure it comes with.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I want one. Wonder if they're being released internationally...

I'm into MOTU only. Not a plastic crack addict. Cool-looking figure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    never heard of it.
    Yeah, somebody already posted pics of this giant. Can't remember who it was.
    Last edited by RockinHard; April 27, 2011 at 08:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

For the info, it's a Marvel Universe Loki and Frost Giant set. Currently it's a US Wal-mart exclusive, retailing for $25.

The giant is around Tytus size and sports a lot more articulation (duh!). There are pictures of it both on this forum and on other sites.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    For the info, it's a Marvel Universe Loki and Frost Giant set. Currently it's a US Wal-mart exclusive, retailing for $25.

The giant is around Tytus size and sports a lot more articulation (duh!). There are pictures of it both on this forum and on other sites.
    it CAN'T have more articulation then Tytus and be $25.00 it MUST be $250.00

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

He's awesome!! And I naturally had to pair him with Vikor for my review at IAT!

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=12327

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Interesting figure. Cool looking too, but pass I must.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    it CAN'T have more articulation then Tytus and be $25.00 it MUST be $250.00
    That, OR he uses parts from previously released Marvel Icons figures like Thor to knock his cost way down. But then Mattel could have done that too, right? I'm just forgetting what those large scale, highly articulated figures Mattel released previous to Tytus were. . .

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    That, OR he uses parts from previously released Marvel Icons figures like Thor to knock his cost way down. But then Mattel could have done that too, right? I'm just forgetting what those large scale, highly articulated figures Mattel released previous to Tytus were. . .
    no, because those figures weren't rotocast, and Tytus isn't a mass-market release.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    The rotocast excuse and "not mass market" pretext hide Mattel's chilly attitude and lack of ambition/investment in MOTUC.

I'm pretty sure that this frost giant will be a success. Not so sure about Tytus and Megator. And I know that toy collectors will favor the frost giant, which has more playability and poseability.

I also think that the fact that some MOTUC fans bought this Marvel Universe figure also show their need to have better articulated giants in MOTUC.

Who dares wins... in this case, Hasbro wins.

P.S. : by the way... being an american Target exclusive, I guess this frost giant is not really "mass marketed" either. Still, it has geat articulations (ball joints) and costs only 25 dollars, while a weakly articulated Tytus (or Megator) almost costs the double. There is really no excuse for Mattel on this one.
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 28, 2011 at 01:53am.

I stumbled upon this guy last week and picked him up as soon as I saw him. $25.00 for this figure is a steal!! He has excellent sculpting and articulation and two really cool accessories. Plus, he comes with a 1/18th scale Loki figure. If you collect Marvel Universe figures that is a huge bonus as they tend to run about $8 dollars each.

This guy looks great with MOTUC figures. I believe he fits in with them (especially Vikor) much better than Tytus fits in with them.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The rotocast excuse and "not mass market" pretext hide Mattel's chilly attitude and lack of ambition/investment in MOTUC.

I'm pretty sure that this frost giant will be a success. Not so sure about Tytus and Megator. And I know that toy collectors will favor the frost giant, which has more playability and poseability.

I also think that the fact that some MOTUC fans bought this Marvel Universe figure also show their need to have better articulated giants in MOTUC.

Who dares wins... in this case, Hasbro wins.

P.S. : by the way... being an american Target exclusive, I guess this frost giant is not really "mass marketed" either. Still, it has geat articulations (ball joints) and costs only 25 dollars, while a weakly articulated Tytus (or Megator) almost costs the double. There is really no excuse for Mattel on this one.

well first of all, its walmart, not target and yes that makes a BIG difference, selling a figure on a online line only store is like a drop of water in the ocean vs selling a figure at walmart. I mean i have at least 15+ walmarts in a 30 min driving distance. its a lot of figures when walmart stocks anything.

and 2nd to say Mattel doesnt put anything into MOTUC is just a silly statement, we have gotten tons and tons of great MOTUC figures and beasts.

I swear people just complain to complain and talk like they know everything. Do you know how much raw materiel costs have gone up in China? well I do and its getting worse every day, the US dollar is dropping like a stone and China is booming, that mix means very bad things for people wanting "cheap" stuff
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Cool looking figure, but I don't like mix-matching my toy lines...

Heroic Warrior
    selling a figure on a online line only store is like a drop of water in the ocean vs selling a figure at walmart
    Exactly ! Mattel is selling MOTUC online EXCLUSIVELY (not counting the DCUC vs, MOTUC), which allows them to save loads of money. Still, prices for a giant, "limited run" MOTUC figure, are almost the double compared to a "limited run" Marvel Universe (frost giant is an exclusive for ONE store, and sold only in the USA). And with less articulations than the frost giant.

and 2nd to say Mattel doesnt put anything into MOTUC is just a silly statement, we have gotten tons and tons of great MOTUC figures and beasts.
    Getting figures doesn't necessarily mean that Mattel is investing much in this line. Hell, the brand manager Toyguru mainly works during week-ends for this line! That goes to show you how unimportant MOTUC is for Mattel... It is SO unimportant that Mattel didn't even send a quality supervisor in China, despite the repeated QC issues !

The same argument you used can also hold true for Hasbro or Bandai : they also produce many figures. Even more figures than Mattel.

I swear people just complain to complain and talk like they know everything. Do you know how much raw materiel costs have gone up in China? well I do and its getting worse every day, the US dollar is dropping like a stone and China is booming, that mix means very bad things for people wanting "cheap" stuff
    It seems to me that many Hasbro figures, which have better articulation and are less expensive than MOTUC, are ALSO produced in China...

That axe would look sweet with Tytus! Those colors go with him perfectly!

Is this really only $25 in store? Importers are charging a fortune for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I'm just forgetting what those large scale, highly articulated figures Mattel released previous to Tytus were. . .
    Not that the MOTU & DC lines could've shared bucks, BUT when Mattel did put out 12" versions of Superman, Batman, etc., they still cheaped out, went rotocast, and removed most of the articulation.

A straight comparison between Tytus and the Giant is certainly faulty, but the problem is that Mattel had the opportunity to make a large scale highly articulated figure of BATMAN and still went cheap and made him almost exactly as they made Tytus.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.