Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    one of my all time favorite toys of the 80s was the Sectaurs line. Would love if they were reintroduced as collector figures.
    may not want them like classics but I do want them.

I would have liked Thundercats in scale & style like MOTUC.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

8004343827_0254993e60_z.jpg heres mine addition to this its marvel legends Dredd vs Kronos ;P ever wonder why he was so disfigured

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    So how does Warlord stand up next to He-Man? I am thinking of getting one and would like to know.
    Sorry I missed this... Warlord looks GREAT! I'm so glad I got him... I recommend him highly. I can't get of pic to compare right now.

I finally was able to find a second Graegus from Hercules Legendary Journeys line of monsters to have a pair of "pets" for Count Marzo.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps08f0d73f.jpg

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1b27e7b7.jpg

Last edited by Count Judas; October 17, 2012 at 07:09pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Thanks! I also liked the Cerberus from that line as well but he looks too puny next to Battle Cat lol
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Anyone considering buying the Seventh Kingdom figures to augment your MOTUC should consider that these figures are so fragile and flimsy that they aren't worth the headache... they look great and all but it is probable that they will break just from removing them from their packaging... unacceptable.

If any of you guys follow the Fwoosh, do you know what those heads are that they use for their Foe Men stand-ins? There's a cow skull headed dude, a sea creature looking guy... I'd link but for some reason I can't find any examples right now. They look perfect on MOTU bodies and they look perfect for customs, if they're not that expensive.

Heroic Warrior
    I came across a Star Wars Jawa figure, about 5 inches or so tall from the late 90s that works great as a background "druid wizard" character standing behind Skeletor and/or Hordak. He's smaller than the MOTUC line but his dimunitive size works for him in the way so many fantasy wizards are smaller than the regular characters. If I can get my camera working, will post a pic.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    If any of you guys follow the Fwoosh, do you know what those heads are that they use for their Foe Men stand-ins? There's a cow skull headed dude, a sea creature looking guy... I'd link but for some reason I can't find any examples right now. They look perfect on MOTU bodies and they look perfect for customs, if they're not that expensive.
    I know the cow head type is Skallox/Nite-Lik from DCUC Green Lantern waves. The sea creature may be the other head in the pack. If you can show me I can be sure of the sea creature head....but Skallox for sure is the cow type head.
    Last edited by iron_pride; October 19, 2012 at 10:53pm.

Mixing MOTUC with other action figure lines?

I saw the recent MOTUC/DC Classics two packs at Toyr R Us and started thinking... what other action figures would be good to mix with MOTUC? Obviously DC, but how about Marvel Legends, NECA figures, etc.? Would they even look good together - are they even in scale?

EXAMPLE: Would the new NECA Evil Dead 2 Hero Ash be in scale standing next to He-Man - because I think an Army of Darkness crossover would be awesome! Skeletor's after the Necronomicon and Ash has to stop him (after he talks smack to Hordak and hits on Evil Lyn, of course).
    Last edited by Malev_Emperor; October 22, 2012 at 10:09am.

I know it probably has been said before but there are a bunch of G.I.Joe ARAH characters that would fit in at least visually. I know they are not to scale but if they were made the same size they'd be awesome:

Destro

Zartan

Dr. Mindbender

Serpentor

B.A.T.s

Golobulus

Nemesis Enforcer

The Royal Guard

Pythona(maybe a figure someday)

Big Boa

Croc Master

Crystal Ball

Raptor

Voltar

Hydro Viper

Budo

Overlord
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Snappy Threader
    Piccolo you are right. I have a Zartan, Croc Master and Crystal Ball on my work bench using Sigma 6 and some MOTU parts. Gonna take a while to get it right, but if some of these were in 6' scale....wow.

I'm thinking of retrofitting a Kratos from GoW to a MOTU buck. Think it'd work?

Well I'm sure I mentioned a line (Sectaurs) in here before, but after some thinking, I actually felt an idea to add a few lines and place them along Classics canon, let me know what you think.

As for the Preternia era, I would think characters like Hercules, Arak, & Warlord would be good. Maybe even some Dungeons and Dragons characters (WARDUKE) as well; I think he'd make a great rival to Sir Lazer Lot.

Now on the road to He-Man shortly after the Preternia era, I would submit Crystar, Sectaurs and Blackstar as the events which cause the geography of Eternia to shift give these lines some real cool possible and logical reasons to exist in Classics.

As for the current 'Age of Adam/He-Man' I would actually leave this alone as this is the MEAT of our line and doesn't really need any filler... BUT, maybe we would add Major Matt Mason which would help us introduce Marlena.

As for New Adventures I would add Bravestar and possible even Visionaries here as possibly sectors Starship Eternia would discover...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Piccolo you are right. I have a Zartan, Croc Master and Crystal Ball on my work bench using Sigma 6 and some MOTU parts. Gonna take a while to get it right, but if some of these were in 6' scale....wow.
    Sounds like you are onto something awesome. I'd love to see what you can do with those Sigma 6 figures. They were big and very poseable.
    I know a lot of people see the 1987 run of villains in GI Joe RAH as kinda strange but they had some real characters like Croc Master and Crystal Ball. Did you know Stephen King wrote Crystal Ball's filecard because his son loved the line? I think a character like Zartan was made for a series like MOTU. A master of disguise that changes color in the sun. Oozes playability.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; December 5, 2012 at 08:21pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Picked up Storm simply to add to the MOTUC ladies. Great looking figure, but the huge drawback to her is her rock hard sculpted cape which hinders all arm articulation.

Last edited by SCB; January 2, 2013 at 07:32pm.