Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

Collecting both lines I would have to say Marvel Select is much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Anyone have some side by side pics? Wondering how well the two lines fit together.
    I just bought the Marvel Select Juggernaut a few days ago. I'd say he's in scale with motuc, which is to say he towers over the figures. I also have the Sabretooth and Venom, but they seem to be a bit too big for motuc considering guys like He-man, Whiplash, Clawful, Leech, and Grizzlor are supposed to be on the tall/huge end.

Last edited by Thrawn29; February 4, 2012 at 10:14am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, I got Juggernaut, Abomination, Thanos, Sabretooth and Magneto and they tower over the MOTUC guys. Especially Abomination. He's a monster. I got him next to Gygor and they are basically the same size.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I have a few MS figures and the scale tends to vary on those. Some are in scale with MOTU and some not so much. Yet somehow they are usually in scale with each other. Weird. If you have any certain figures in particular that you want side-by-side pictures of, I can take some.

I have atleast these MS-figures:
    - Emma Frost
    - Spider-Woman
    - She-Hulk
    - Black Widow
    - Black-Cat
    - Thor (JMS version)
    - The Watcher
    - some Skrulls and Broods.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Movie mayhem!
    Heidi could you take a picture of a few of the girls next to he-man and teela and one of the more regular sized guys next to them too? Thor I assume is made to be a bit hulking, I"m mostly trying to figure out if regular human sized characters like gambit and the girls will fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Any figures in particular? They're much bigger than MOTUC.

Mostly the females and the more normal sized humans like gambit. The hulking figures I'm not worried about as it makes sense for them to be bigger. Just wondering what the smallest sized figures look like.
    Last edited by Patreek; February 4, 2012 at 04:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the troll and he looks awesome! Don't have a pic right now, but he's about the same size as Gy-Gor and he works well in battles that my kids have with MOTUC. If you can find him, get him... really cool!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Heidi could you take a picture of a few of the girls next to he-man and teela and one of the more regular sized guys next to them too? Thor I assume is made to be a bit hulking, I"m mostly trying to figure out if regular human sized characters like gambit and the girls will fit in.
    Sorry for the delay, Patreek, here's a comparison shot:

Comparison.jpg

As you can maybe see in the picture, Black Cat is pretty much in scale with Teela, but Black Widow and Cloak seem a bit out of scale compared to her (atleast in my eyes they do).
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Movie mayhem!
    I didn't realize they were that unarticulated... The Gambit I saw had marvel legends level articulation...

He looks like he'd fit well.

marvel-select-gambit.jpg

I haven't purchased any figures/beasts to go with my collection however have picked up some playsets/dioramas whcih fit quite well.

From the Lord of the Rings minature line I have Sarumans playset which works as a great background for Hordak. I also purchased the Helms Deep Castle which is a good castle wall background.

As some others have said - Harry Potter Slime pit is great for the Snakemen.

Snappy Threader
    As far as current retail available lines go, I have looked and I haven't seen much. Thundercats 8 is too big, Thundercats 6 is too small, Young Justice is too small, DCU is too small, Marvel Legends are either too big or too small, WWE seems to be "about" the same size. I would love to be pointed in the right direction of more that I may be missing. Please keep sending ideas, this is a great thread.

I actually have the 8 inch Lion-o and Tygra with my MOTUC heroes- I think they look ok. They're giant cat people, so who's to say that they shouldn't be a foot taller? I think they look ok scalewise.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I didn't realize they were that unarticulated... The Gambit I saw had marvel legends level articulation...

He looks like he'd fit well.

marvel-select-gambit.jpg
    The Marvel Select line varies on articulation. Most of the more recent figures in the past 3 years have ML level articulation wereas in the past it was here and there. The female figure unfortunately have sacrificed articulation for look. Black Cat, Black Widow and She-Hulk have limited articulation as to maintain the "form" of the character. Earlier ones like Dr. Doom and Thanos have pretty good articulation and should be in scale with MOTUC.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Today I picked up Skaar and Maestro from Marvel Legends line and Ares from the Wonder Woman line to augment my Fighting-Foe-Men.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey ! That Goro figure looks cool ! When was it released ?

2-3 years ago. Wish he were a lot bigger, but he's still cool as a stand alone toy.

DCUC Tyr

The design, gimmick, colors all blend in nicely. This would have been a good candidate for a TRU repaint.

Last edited by SCB; March 21, 2012 at 11:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HD figures on youtube
    Goro aint got nothin' on a master of the universe!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I actually have the 8 inch Lion-o and Tygra with my MOTUC heroes- I think they look ok. They're giant cat people, so who's to say that they shouldn't be a foot taller? I think they look ok scalewise.
    I guess, but when you put Chief Carnivus in there they don't really match him and start to look to big imo. I mean its a personal thing I guess

Loki

HD figures on youtube
    I'm still not sold on that symbol, but that's a pretty cool looking He-Man!

Fortunately for me, MOTUC figures are compatible with my other collection; Mattel's WWE figures. I like that they're both in scale with each other, it can make for some silly scenarios!

motuc01.jpg

motuc02.jpg

motuc03.jpg

motuc04.jpg

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i currently have the raziel soulrevear sitting in my castle greyskyll and ive got to admit the design fits in with the barbarian sides of motuc, previously i used the captain simian figures but apart from gormungus who i never got they are a little out of scale
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

One thing I like about Mattel's WWE heads is they fit perfectly on the MOTUC pegs after you heat them up.

Wrrarl

Last edited by SCB; March 22, 2012 at 09:25pm.

I would like to see the Sectaurs mix it up in the MOTU world!!!

Sectaurs.jpg