Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

Heroic Warrior
    I think WWE wrestlers could use the MOTUC buck.

Marvel & DC figures also.

Blackstar would be cool. Like Matt Tracker in G.I.Joe.

Heroic Warrior

Thundercats 6" Classics and MOTU Classics

Anyone have the new Thundercats 6 inch Classics figures? I just ordered Lion-O and Mum-Ra and I'm wondering how well they fit with the MOTU Classics line.

Photos comparisons if you have them too please!

Here's a shot from Fwoosher chaosMonkeyPoo

And 200x comparison from same.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Here's a shot from Fwoosher chaosMonkeyPoo

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/IMAG0610.jpg

Waitaminute...what the heck Lion-O is that? My Thundercats Classics Lion-O and Tygra are TALLER than MOTUC, and my Lion-O doesn't have the open mouth.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Waitaminute...what the heck Lion-O is that? My Thundercats Classics Lion-O and Tygra are TALLER than MOTUC, and my Lion-O doesn't have the open mouth.
    That's the new 6" scale Bandai has moved to. The one you have is the 8" scale version.

I don't have him in hand yet, but just looking at pictures I can say I feel he's too skinny, I don't like the open-mouth head, and his joints are still unpainted. ARGH! *shakes fist at Bandai*
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Yours is the 8"

The one above is the newer 6"

I actually finally saw the 6" Thundercats Classic figures in Target (Lion-O & Mumm-Ra)....can't say I am impressed over the 8" Lion-O...but since the 8" line is supposedly dead....I guess I'll live with my 8" Lion-O as the only TC Classic figure I'll get, unless Panthro looks good. The 6" line just looks cheaper. That and maybe it's the roaring face I don't like....I'll decide when I see more figures.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

8" is obsolete. (Though I think they were gonna try to do Cheetara? Could be wrong though)

Bandai says the 8" line will continue "in an exclusive fashion." I have no idea what that means yet, and suppoesdly they are going to announce more info when they have it, but yes, they did hint that Cheetara was the next 8" figure they would do.

All I know is if the 8" figures become more expensive because they are "exclusive," then I don't feel they'll be worth it...

sigh, that head sculpt kills me. They better get us a more passive expression at some point. Preferably soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    8" is obsolete. (Though I think they were gonna try to do Cheetara? Could be wrong though)
    How nice...when did this happen?! Are they gonna buy back the 8" figures I wasted my money on so I can start over in 6" scale?

These @#*!ing toy companies!!

Why is everything called classics now? That's really annoying and showing so little imagination. Why not call them thundercats unleashed or Thundercats RetroActive (RA) ?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    sigh, that head sculpt kills me. They better get us a more passive expression at some point. Preferably soon.
    I agree. I don't like that head sculpt at all.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    After all these years, those 200x sculpts are still superior to just about anything, as shown in that comparison pic.

Yeah, the POA is higher on TC, blahblahblah, but that Lion-O is just a very unexciting toy.

Would that the 4H didn't have virtual exclusivity to Mattel, or that Mattel had the TC license.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I agree. I don't like that head sculpt at all.
    Well, I just looked at some pics of Mumm-Ra...he's actually pretty cool. He has bendy bandages, but I still can't believe they didn't paint those ankle joints the right color.

El Cheapo to the max...

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I just looked at some pics of Mumm-Ra...he's actually pretty cool. He has bendy bandages, but I still can't believe they didn't paint those ankle joints the right color.

El Cheapo to the max...
    I read an interview with Bandai's equivalent of Toy Guru, and he said the 6 inch line would correct that flaw. More lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    That's the new 6" scale Bandai has moved to. The one you have is the 8" scale version.

I don't have him in hand yet, but just looking at pictures I can say I feel he's too skinny, I don't like the open-mouth head, and his joints are still unpainted. ARGH! *shakes fist at Bandai*
    Yeah, way too skinny and small. This is disappointing. Bandai also said that they were moving to a 6" version so that the figures fit seamlessly with the MOTU Classics line... but the scale is wrong here again.
    Last edited by Executioner; December 30, 2011 at 04:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    The 6" Lion-O looks like a cat clown, perhaps a Thunderclown.

I got the two 8" figures last summer and was quite disappointed. The figures, while very flexible, seem very cheap (the plastic and paint).

We should be thankful the Four Horsemen work on MOTUC; the Thundercats Classics line is a wasted effort by Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I read an interview with Bandai's equivalent of Toy Guru, and he said the 6 inch line would correct that flaw. More lies.

Yeah, way too skinny and small. This is disappointing. Bandai also said that they were moving to a 6" version so that the figures fit seamlessly with the MOTU Classics line... but the scale is wrong here again.
    What really ticks me off is unless they do continue the 8" line, I now have two useless 8" figures that cost me almost $40 with tax, not to mention the $80 I spent on the SDCC Lion-O just to get the chrome sword and pedestal.

Bandai should allow everyone who bought the first two 8" figures to trade them in for the 6" ones, but there's a snowball's chance in hell that'll ever happen.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    And what is up with Bandai and those torsos? They didn't want to give Mumm-Ra an articulated torso because they thought it looked too skinny, but it makes him look fat and strange, just like 8" Tygra.

ThunderCats' "Toyguru" is a she.

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    Why is everything called classics now? That's really annoying and showing so little imagination. Why not call them thundercats unleashed or Thundercats RetroActive (RA) ?
    At least DC learned and calls the new DC Universe Classics retail line DC All-Stars now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    After all these years, those 200x sculpts are still superior to just about anything, as shown in that comparison pic.
    I have to disagree. Just looking, those He-Men have pin-heads. Lion-O has realistic proportions...for a roided cat-human hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    We gotta get the ruler out. I think the Thundercats may be "true" 6 inch, while MOTUC fudged scale, but I have neither figures nor ruler to make that call.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; December 30, 2011 at 05:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The DC figures are taller than Lion-O. He'd be a teenager in the DC line.

Seriously Bandai...

And let's not forget about this:

This puts thing in perspective... I'm glad that despite the DR/Matty screw ups, the figures are still kick ass...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, Bandai literally screwed up on this one.

Yeah, they said, "Hey, thanks for spending $40 on Tygra and Lion-O, and as an appreciation, guess what? Your receipt is more than 30 days old so you cannot return your figures, so you will be happy to know that you will have to buy them again in the 6inch scale as we are going to downsize the cost of making these things."

Seriously though, I can deal with the screws. At least if I ever wanted to make a custom, I can take the body apart instead of being stuck with the main body as is.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    That is the main thing I don't like about the Lion-O...other than that, if it was a scaled down 8" and I didn't already have the 8" I would have bought it, even though I feel it looks a bit on the cheap side.

How nice...when did this happen?! Are they gonna buy back the 8" figures I wasted my money on so I can start over in 6" scale?

These @#*!ing toy companies!!
    I don't mind the scale difference myself, mine will be MISB, and so far all I have is the 8" Lion-0, but If they give the 6" a new face, and the rest look OK I will buy a few of the 6".....but honestly I already have my Lion-O.

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    Transformers had Classics in 2006...not sure if they were the first to carry the Classic / Classics badge...but I know it was back then too

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post

Yeah, the POA is higher on TC, blahblahblah, but that Lion-O is just a very unexciting toy.

Would that the 4H didn't have virtual exclusivity to Mattel, or that Mattel had the TC license.
    I never liked the 200X figures, only thing I liked was that the baddies had a more sinister look. But I do agree that the 6" Lion-O looks cheap and unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    The 6" Lion-O looks like a cat clown, perhaps a Thunderclown.

I got the two 8" figures last summer and was quite disappointed. The figures, while very flexible, seem very cheap (the plastic and paint).

We should be thankful the Four Horsemen work on MOTUC; the Thundercats Classics line is a wasted effort by Bandai.
    Thing is they are for kids, it doesn't say Adult Collector, and being a retail release they are made to those standards...and also that the Thundercats toys are not as widely sold as Trasformers, it would seem they chose to go with a cheaper feel to minimize any loss...I mean they already scaled back to 6" from the 8"...and I am happy with how the 8" Lion-O looks being that it's a CLassic, but not like MOTUC, where the kidishness of the toy took a back seat to a more realistic look. Thundercats is just the opposite, they went for a more kiddish appeal, but still tried to lean towards the adults for the Classic line without making them realistic like MOTUC....But I do feel the 6" Classic line so far looks way cheaper than it should, even if it was aimed towards kids...the characters would be bought more by adults that remember these specific looks for them than kids do, because kids would associate the 2011 cartoon with the new toys.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    This puts thing in perspective... I'm glad that despite the DR/Matty screw ups, the figures are still kick ass...
    I absolutely agree with this.

I may complain about a one or two figures in motuc, but for the money, the design, articulation, sculpt, and the fact that they're delivered to my door, HANDS DOWN they are the best toys being made today in my opinion.