Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jun-yor View Post
    i have to disagree. Just looking, those he-men have pin-heads. Lion-o has realistic proportions...for a roided cat-human hybrid.
    Lion-O has skinny legs. Era War!!!!!

Bandai might be bad, but Jazwares has them beat. I've had their 4" Street Fighter figures fall apart on me and break out of the package. Bandai's ThunderTank can't support the additional ThunderRacers weight -- and those vehicles were advertised and hyped that they work with the ThunderTank!

As much as we complain about QC on MOTUC, there are much worse companies out there.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 30, 2011 at 05:55pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I'm not into that lion-o head but when I own him I may change my mind.

But I really wish they were in scale with each motuc and thunder cats.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

This is terrible. Not only are they not in scale with the MOTUC, they look awful.

Liono looks like he has a degenerative hip condition, and the his upper body is literally held together with screws.

I will definitely wait to see what the other characters look like before I decide to get any of these.

That Liono head makes no sense. I have never seen him make a face like that. Can anyone post a screenshot of the cartoon close to that? My only guess is that they did that face to make little boys like Liono more, too bad he looks dumb.

I just hope the 8 Inch Figures continue and Chetara and Panthro look as cool as the first 2, and don't cost twice as much.

Whoah, crazy seeing the pics I posted over on the Fwoosh pop up here. That was a bit of a surprise. I totally feel why everyone is bummed about the scale difference between MOTU and the new Thundercats though, its sucks. But the Lion-O fig on its own is still a pretty rad figure.

Those Thundercats figures are hideous! The screws are unforgivable.
    Last edited by chuc98; December 30, 2011 at 07:04pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    what is this! cant they get it right?!
    and i really want to collect thundercats, but i'm not going to if this is the best they can come up with.
    do over!
    these are only good for being ruthlessly smashed by a child. not worth it for a collector. really bandai? really?

Thanks for this thread! After seeing the screws in the backs of the figures, I just cancelled my pre-order.

Everyone knew Bandai would blow it, I'll save my cash for more He-Man figures.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; December 30, 2011 at 11:04pm.

Wow this doesn't look good for Thundercats Classics. First their figures are to big compared to MOTUC and now they are to small. It's like they want this line to fail. What a shame, cause if they were in scale I surely woulf have added them to my collection. Now I can wait for TC in the 7'' scale, which will never happen.

I was really hoping the new 6" scale would be awesome...but meh.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I personally love the look of the 6'' Thundercats, and feel they fit great with the anime inspired 200X line. Though I would have preferred the classics to stay 8'', I will simply invest less money into them.

I just don't get all the griping about. Some of these posts belong on another website I discovered. Its called whitepeopleproblems.com.

They are just toys.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I personally love the look of the 6'' Thundercats, and feel they fit great with the anime inspired 200X line. Though I would have preferred the classics to stay 8'', I will simply invest less money into them.

I just don't get all the griping about. Some of these posts belong on another website I discovered. Its called whitepeopleproblems.com.
    Some of us aren't "white people", Sky.

A lack of torso articulation, screws in the back and non-painted joints effect everyone!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 30, 2011 at 08:27pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

screws? lol

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    This is terrible. Not only are they not in scale with the MOTUC, they look awful.
    Are they supposed to be in scale with MOTUC?

They fit in wth teh DCU figures, so who cares.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    That's really annoying and showing so little imagination.
    Look no further than your television to see that imagination is dead. The artist have been pushed aside for the suits. Long live Capitalism!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Are they supposed to be in scale with MOTUC?

They fit in wth teh DCU figures, so who cares.
    Why would the MOTUC forum care about DCUC?

Definitely not perfect, but I still like LION-O. I'm a fairly decent customizer, so painting the ankle pegs and screws will be a cake walk.

Granted...I should not have to do that, but such is life.

And technically, any MOCers shouldn't even by bothered by the back screws. ( just sayin' )
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Honestly I can live with the screws, not every figure is completely glued, I am used to seeing screws in Transformers, I mean even MOTU has visible pegs, granted they are color correct, but nonetheless still highly visibile...only now are they starting to really use pegless joints...and how many years has it been? Vikor was the first..I believe to have pegless boots, but arms and knees still have connectors showing...They are not highly visible silver screws, but is it really that big a deal...I mean really....almost everyone views they figures from the front..so is it such an issue that they're on their backs?...you're not being asked to pay a premium for these figures like MOTUC...so why worry about the screws?

I don't like the new Lion-O face, and the figures seem to look a little cheaper, and more plastic than MOTUC, but depending on what the others look like, and if they issue a new Lion-O with a regular face, I could be persuaded to buy a few...screws and all, I mean the regular 6" 2011 line has them...and no one said that the new 6" Classic line was Adult Collector only, like MOTUC are.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 30, 2011 at 10:11pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Honestly I can live with the screws, not every figure is completely glued, I am used to seeing screws in Transformers, I mean even MOTU has visible pegs, granted they are color correct, but nonetheless still highly visibile...only now are they starting to really use pegless joints...and how many years has it been? Vikor was the first..I believe to have pegless boots, but arms and knees still have connectors showing...They are not highly visible silver screws, but is it really that big a deal...I mean really....almost everyone views they figures from the front..so is it such an issue?...you're not being asked to pay a premium for these figures like MOTUC...so why worry about the scress on the backs?
    I don't mind the visible screws on Transformers either, but it's more acceptable on those since they are robots, and they have far more moving parts.

Other toy companies make super articulated figures without any need for screws to hold them together. Look at Hasbro's 4-inch figure lines like Star Wars & G.I. Joe. Bandai should be capable of doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I don't mind the visible screws on Transformers either, but it's more acceptable on those since they are robots, and they have far more moving parts.

Other toy companies make super articulated figures without any need for screws to hold them together. Look at Hasbro's 4-inch figure lines like Star Wars & G.I. Joe. Bandai should be capable of doing the same.
    They should, and can...the 8" don't have screws on their backs...so I don't know why they do it for the smaller scales....I know others don't have screws, but they have some sort of pegs or something besides glue holding them together is my point...no they shouldn't have went with this approach, but no one seemed to mind the 2011 6" figures having them...only now that Bandai scaled back the Classic line to 6" people are just picking them apart, granted I don't defend the use of screws, but it's not really an issue on a non Collectors grade kids toy, that an adult collector might pick up. Now if MOTUC started using screws, then by all means pick them apart all you want, as that is not acceptable for a $20+ Collector grade, collector funded toyline, which Thundercats is not.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    http://nouaintradio.files.wordpress....led_130059.jpg

Seriously Bandai...

And let's not forget about this:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6974/img0845rc.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3079/img0842mm.jpg

This puts thing in perspective... I'm glad that despite the DR/Matty screw ups, the figures are still kick ass...
    Are those the 6" or the 8" figures? Seriously, ***!?!

I bought the 8" figures, I will continue to buy those if they keep making them. These new 6" ones look pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Bandai says the 8" line will continue "in an exclusive fashion." I have no idea what that means yet, and suppoesdly they are going to announce more info when they have it, but yes, they did hint that Cheetara was the next 8" figure they would do.

All I know is if the 8" figures become more expensive because they are "exclusive," then I don't feel they'll be worth it...
    Yeah, I take that as "We'll certainly be releasing the 8" figures whose tooling we already paid for!"

I imagine Cheetarah would have been up next with an entirely new sculpt that may need to earn back its investment. I can already see 7 exclusive variants, including a muddy SDCC 2012 version!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

Transformers had Classics in 2006...not sure if they were the first to carry the Classic / Classics badge...but I know it was back then too
    I don't know if this is the first, but the line that gave birth to Marvel Legends and helped set the current standard in 6" figure articulation was Spider-Man Classics back in 2001. I wonder if that led to everyone labeling their ideal modern figures of iconic characters "Classics." Never really realized so many lines used it until now.

Screw holes...not so good. I read somewhere that they were going to address stuff like the black plastic pegs you see on all of the modern design Lion-O's joints next year. Screws seem like a similar distracting visual to me. I think Bandai's doing a lot of nice stuff with Thundercats, but you end up with all of these little reminders that this is a company that's largely known for producing toys of robots.

If I had just one Thundercat, I'd be fine with my 8" Lion-O since he's pretty close to excellent. Moving to 6" so that a larger line is more manageable and the figures can mesh with the 2011 design figures makes sense. It still stinks that I've got a Tygra that will be retired and my new Lion-O will be constantly screaming his face off. Those screws in his back must really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Are those the 6" or the 8" figures? Seriously, ***!?!
    Yelling Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are the new 6" Classic figures...with screws.

I actually saw them..mind you the first ever TC toys in a store around me in a local Target yesterday, and while I didn't like the head, and they looked a little more plastic, than the 8" they really were not all that bad...not like horrible...but they are less of a figure than the 8" were to be.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    That's the new 6" scale Bandai has moved to. The one you have is the 8" scale version.

I don't have him in hand yet, but just looking at pictures I can say I feel he's too skinny, I don't like the open-mouth head, and his joints are still unpainted. ARGH! *shakes fist at Bandai*
    Pretty much all this Dan- I pity the poor 6" Lion-O that would try to tangle with Mosquitor!

I like that He-Man looks like a BOSS next to him.