Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What other figures from other toylines would fit in the MOTUC line?

I wish matty would make all the classic thundercats. It would have turn out so much better. The new lion o mouth is making me stay away from this new figure.

The 8" figures were great, but I really wanted them to fit in with the MOTUC characters.

The 6" figures are disappointing. The screws don't bother me much, but they still don't fit in with MOTUC

Ultimately, I don't think anything else will ever fit in with MOTUC. Even if they are the same size, they'll never be the same style unless they are MOTUC.

So I'm just gonna make em all myself :P

I posted about this elsewhere, but: I want to do all the Thundercats since Ban-Dai can't get them right. I'm basically copying Ben Bishop's Lion-O and Cheetara, and Jinzin's Mumm-ra. I'll have to tackle Panthro and Tygra on my own. For now, I'm just using the current 4 inch Thunder Kittens for Wily Kat and Kit - maybe if they come out with classics versions of those they'll fit better.

If they produce a 3rd 8 inch figure, I wouldn't buy it because the line won't continue after that. It would have to be a great looking character like Cheetara or Panthro, they hinted Cheetara though. Either way they dropped the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Look no further than your television to see that imagination is dead. The artist have been pushed aside for the suits. Long live Capitalism!
    No wonder I didn't notice; I haven't watched any actual tv (other than nfl football) for who knows how many years.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

The full interview with the Bandai rep stated that their goal is to get the core cats (and Mumm-Ra) out in the 8 inch scale in some fashion then end the line, with the 6 inch getting the fuller classic figure assortments.

Honestly, there has been a lot of bellyaching about this, but for whatever reason I don't mind. I picked up Lion-O in 8 inch not that long after the line launched and I also recently got the 6 inch Mumm-Ra and Lion-O and I'm pleased with the figures for the most part (Lion-O has more problems then Mumm-Ra; for whom my only nit is that he didn't come with a soft-goods cape [and I'd rather have no cape then a plastic cape -- I've come to really like the wrappings that are swirling around the figure as is]). The QC on them, outside of the soft sword blade, is fantastic on mine. Plus we got interchangable hands that work and look awesome!

As for the smaller scale, yes, the 6 inch line isn't in scale with MOTUC. You want scale, look to the 8 inch line. ThunderCats in the original series towered over regular humans, so there's scale for you. Besides, at what point did every figure line from every line have to be exactly the same size? The fans seemed to have taken the relative closeness of lines like Marvel Legends, DCUC, MOTUC, LOTR, TC, and every other line and seem to think there's a law out there that they should all be exactly the same scale. If you line up all those figures it's MOTUC that's out of place; you don't need to look any further then the DCUC vs MOTUC packs to see how oversized MOTUC are.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why would the MOTUC forum care about DCUC?
    The reason I mentioned DCU is because no one complains that DCU is not in scale with MOTUC, so why should a Thundercats line be expected to? Especially when it is made by a whole different company?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Because the similarities between MOTU and Thundercats are beyond obvious. Most people want to display He-Man with Lion-O. Nobody cares about displaying The Penguin next to Horde Prime.
    Last edited by SCB; December 31, 2011 at 03:30am.

Because the similarities between MOTU and Thundercats are beyond obvious. Most people want to display He-Man with Lion-O. Nobody cares about displaying The Penguin next to Horde Prime.
    It's true vis a vis He-Man and Lion-O. However, I think DCUC Etrigan and Hordak, or Kobra with King Hsss look neat side by side
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Heroic Warrior
    Lion-O's "behind" does look soooo.... ehrm.... wrong?!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hate Lion-O's new head - he looks as if he's just smelled one of Mumm-Ra's ancient farts!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I hate Lion-O's new head - he looks as if he's just smelled one of Mumm-Ra's ancient farts!
    Yes...yes it does.

Mumm-Ra has the pinhead thing going on too...and the snake emblem on his chest is completely wrong. They made two hooded cobras facing each other with their tongues sticking out.

Can't figure out why they changed it.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I'm actually glad that Bandai scaled down the Classics line. I'm probably one of the few here who actually would have preferred MOTUC to be closer to that 6" scale.

I admit that the screws are kind of an eye sore. But I can say that those 2 figures are the sturdiest feeling figures I've bought in a while. And I personally think Lion-O's face looks better in person. It may not be the expression that we're used to, but it is a good sculpt. I think it does a good job of conveying Lion-O as if he was screaming. I hope they continue the line and I'll take them, screws and all. I may only have 2 Thundercats Classics figures, but 100% of them can stand up without falling over and are correctly assembled. That's better than I can say for MOTUC.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

i think bandai should hire the four horseman or icon heroes to do the sculpts, i used to have both lion and tygra, and lion oh was kinda kool but i didnt liked the arms ( biceps triceps shape) or legs but i could live with it, tygra was kinda odd i dunno didnt liked the face, but well and now i see the lion oh face and and....... i see there is no way i will buy them, i dont like mummra´s body neigther!, but well i sold the 8´inch figures once i saw the staction figures from the icon heroes i just loved them, i bought already lion oh and mumra and those rocks!!!!!! im waiting for jaga a jackalman to buy them too!!!!!

http://tuesdaylaveau.files.wordpress...07/lion-o1.jpg
    Last edited by dark knight; December 31, 2011 at 03:21pm.
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Are the statue and the new 6 inch Figures about the same?
    I have a copy of the statue head I could put on it.

Edit:
    found a picture:

I am not selling these by the way. It was a try to use dragonskin silicone on statues to create molds without destrouing the statue.

And it works great for those who want to give it a try
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; December 31, 2011 at 11:59am.

Gotta be Blackstar. Closest thing to He-man.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Time to get back into this thread. Well I've posted Kamandi before in a separate thread, but he really does resemble a younger Grayskull thanks to the same artist sculpting him.

Prince Hsss stalking a teenage Grayskull in the woods

And later on not much changes...

Also picked up Apache Chief for $30 shipped, who I have zero connection to, but has a very MOTU look with his bare arms, legs, tribal costume, and again sculpted by the same guys who does Masters, so I think he fits in nicely with these guys.

Heroic Warrior
    Also picked up Apache Chief for $30 shipped, who I have zero connection to, but has a very MOTU look with his bare arms, legs, tribal costume, and again sculpted by the same guys who does Masters, so I think he fits in nicely with these guys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6/03c213b5.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6/b391f1cd.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...6/61a7c194.jpg

Wait. I thought he was only a Collect and Connect figure?

APache chief and Giganta's Challenge of the superfriends origins.

Yep, C&C figure someone sold to me for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Skeleflex, the bone building sets.
    Sectaurs
    Thundercats
    Thundarr
    Blackstarr
    Matt Mason for NA or for Captain Glenn backstory mini-series.
    for FIGURE BLENDING:
    Dragons (by Mega Bloks)
    Skeleflex
    Movie Hulk figs from a few years ago.
    ...that idea about Kamandi makes me wonder what i could do to make him "Son of He-Man" or something. Maybe a reverse story, where in the future, He-Man and Teela have a son, but someone snatches it (like the She-Ra mythos) and he ends up on EARTH, but never fits in. That would explain the denim shorts. When he [story needs developing here] back to Eternia, that is the way he looks. I dunno. Kamandi is the least useful figure in my figures, and I only bought him to complete Ultra Humanite.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Spawn and LOTR horses work great

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Well I haven't read much of this thread so I hope I'm not repeating anything but I would love to see

Mad Martigan and General Kahl (spelling?) from Willow added into MOTUC
    Last edited by StraightEdgeHe-Man; January 1, 2012 at 02:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    Well I haven't read much of this thread so I hope I'm not repeating anything but I would love to see

Mad Martigan and General Kahl (spelling?) from Willow!

Funny you mention that because my local comic shop was playing willow.

6" Loki from the Walmart exclusive Thor line looks pretty cool with MOTUC. He's comic style and I just grabbed him or clearance for $7.50. Proportions are different, of course, but the texture. plastic and paint have a similar feel to me. Looks like Vikor's jerk of a brother.

Wow, the CnC Apache Chief looks great with MOTU!! And I actually missed on buying him few weeks back...guess I will have to look again.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

according to some, everything fits with motu.