Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I accidently sent Teela's staff back when I returned my Goddess figure

I accidently sent Teela's staff back when I returned my Goddess figure

Sooooo..... yeah. I have been displaying the Green Goddess with Teela's staff and vice-versa since I got them. Well, I sent The Goddess back like Toy Guru suggested we do if they broke, but I accidentally sent Teela's satff with her.

I e-mailed digital river and this was their response:

We can only ship out new products, and are unable to to replace parts
    associated with the figures.

We would recommend contacting Mattel directly, as they may be able to
    provide the missing part.

Phone: 1-800-524-TOYS (800-524-8697)
    They can't send me back a part that I accidentally sent them? I work retail and we went above and beyond to find a customer's unused gift card that was accidentally thrown into our gift card recycling bin at the front lanes. We've printed out 100+ page instruction manuals on our own laser printers in the store for customers who were upset that the product didn't include one and they were onyl available online - but Digital River can't track down the bin that contains my returned Goddess, pluck out the staff, drop it in a padded envelope and mail it back to me? Bull.

meanwhile, I ordered two collector's figures from the Transformer's Collector's club and had to return one because of a Paint App defect. I figured I'd have to eat the return shipping on it but today i got this e-mail:

Thank you for returning the item John. We'll be shipping out your replacement and crediting your credit card used on your invoice for the return shipping $11.05.

Thank you,
    Cathy
    Not only are they covering the shipping on the replacement figure, they are refunding the cost of the shipping that I had to pay to send the defective one back to them. Unbelievable.

I hope Toy Guru and mattel think about maybe going with another company when the contract they have with Digital River is up - Fun Publications handles the Transformers and GI Joe collector's clubs so they might be wrapped up with hasbro but they'd be a good choice if they can handle the volume.

Unfortunately that contract will never be up.

Mattel and Digital River have more than just a contractual relationship.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

They're going steady!

I couldn't resist.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    They're going steady!

I couldn't resist.
    Something like that...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Something like that...
    Oh...so it's like that SNL short "_____" in a box!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Oh...so it's like that SNL short "_____" in a box!
    I don't believe in either Justin Timberlake OR Andy Samberg.

They don't exist in my world.

The end.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Not flaming the OP, but did you actually expect then to search through their returns to find & send you that little accessory? They barely have a "customer service" policy as it is....there's NO WAY they're going above & beyond...

As for the rest, yes, they could take a lesson from Hasbro's CS...but as evidenced by the continuing relationship with Digital River, CS uys not a priority.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

As much as I dislike Digital River, I don't blame them for not wanting to go on a wild goose chase for this item considering it wasn't even their fault. At least, it wasn't a family heirloom.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Maybe I should send my broken Goddess back. Wait, do I need to have the packaging too?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just keep emailing them, with things like "this is an outrage" blah blah blah... they'll probably send a replacement Teela. :P

Piquing my interest here, bcr.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Digital River can't track down the bin that contains my returned Goddess, pluck out the staff, drop it in a padded envelope and mail it back to me? Bull.
    you underestimate the size of the "defective goddess" return bin.

i feel for you though. it should be easier to get a replacement accesory.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm I smell a celebrity adult tape surfacing on the net' between the two!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm sorry but I got to say this.

Who's fault is this?

And what obligation does DG have in this?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Here is the kicker about the broken Goddess issue. You didn't need to return her! DR would have sent you a replacement regardless. Out of the many defective figures I have received from Matty. I have not once be told to return the defective figure.

As for the Teela staff. You might be able to find someone in the Market Place here that has an extra one that is willing to sell it to you for a cheap price. Hell, if I had an extra. I would just give it to you.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

What does this mean, that some aspect of Mattel has ownership of Digital River?

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Here is the kicker about the broken Goddess issue. You didn't need to return her! DR would have sent you a replacement regardless. Out of the many defective figures I have received from Matty. I have not once be told to return the defective figure.
    Yeah, this has been my experience as well.

I got replacements for one of my King Hsss figures and my Catra figure and wasn't asked to send the ones with the problems back. (The snake body of the thing Hsss figure had a problem where the metal wire inside of the snakes was partly sticking out of one of the arm-snakes right out of the package... and Catra's sword was missing completely missing one of the jewels).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I bet you will get back your broken GG. I returned a Teela figure before and they just send her back to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

Who's fault is this?

Yeah... my first thoughts too.

Odds are the moment they get returns, they get tossed into a dumpster somewhere. As much as it sucks that he lost the snake staff... DR is under no obligation to go dumpster diving to find what he threw away...

It'd be NICE if they'd do it... but really, to get upset because they won't seems uncalled for.

Odds are pretty good that wherever they are answering the phones and the recieving the e-mails... ISN"T the same place as the the package... so... Now they'd have to cooridinate a complex search party

Yeah I don't see how this is their fault. You sent them the accessory now you want them to find it and send it back.

Really? I'm gonna see if I can get replacement Goddess!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

It's been since December 2009 for me, but if they can, it's worth a try for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    As much as I dislike Digital River, I don't blame them for not wanting to go on a wild goose chase for this item considering it wasn't even their fault. At least, it wasn't a family heirloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Yeah I don't see how this is their fault. You sent them the accessory now you want them to find it and send it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

Who's fault is this?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah... my first thoughts too.

Odds are the moment they get returns, they get tossed into a dumpster somewhere. As much as it sucks that he lost the snake staff... DR is under no obligation to go dumpster diving to find what he threw away...

It'd be NICE if they'd do it... but really, to get upset because they won't seems uncalled for.
    So, basically you're saying "Suck it up" - I have, and the fact that they can't isn't what upset me, it's the fact that they won't even try - or won't explain why they can't. if they would simply say "Sorry, these get processed and returned to Mattel for credit pretty quickly and we simply don't have the ability to return this item to you."

No, what they are saying is that they are unable to replace accessories. I get that, they don't have extra accessories lying around that they can ship out as replacements. That's not what I'm asking them to do. They are not replying with anything that leads me to believe anyone who got my e-mail saw anything but "hey, I need to replace this accessory" and responded with a canned reply, regardless of how I worded it.

If they aren't on site at the same facility then they need to explain that and explain that it would be hard coordinate a search (still I call BS on that one - we've solved bigger customer issues than this where I work).

I guess I've just seen some of the things that we do at the retail store i work for and I don't think that providing a high level of customer service is that hard. Even if something is off site we know how to get ahold of people and get stuff taken care of.

Hell, maybe they'll have someone who inspects the returns before accepting them and realize that the staff is wrong and send it back as unacceptable, but I doubt DR pays that much attention to the details.

If you're going to reply to this thread again and basically say what's already been said - that its my fault and I need to deal with it - save yourself the time and trouble because I know that and I am.

I get that they aren't obligated to do anything because I'm the doofus that sent them the wrong accessory. That doesn't mean that I don't think that it's laziness and that Digital River could try a little harder on the customer service side and nothing you say is going to make me think any different on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Not flaming the OP, but did you actually expect then to search through their returns to find & send you that little accessory? They barely have a "customer service" policy as it is....there's NO WAY they're going above & beyond...
    This is really the first time I've had to deal with them, so I'm learning that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Really? I'm gonna see if I can get replacement Goddess!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    It's been since December 2009 for me, but if they can, it's worth a try for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Maybe I should send my broken Goddess back. Wait, do I need to have the packaging too?
    I ordered mine when she was initially released, it took a couple of e-mails but I linked them to ToyGuru's post on the matty forums and they immediately set up a replacement. They scheduled a UPS pickup and I just had to put the goddess in a box and have UPS pick her up. And no, I didn't need the packaging, this is what the replacement shipping product was called in the e-mail: CS Use Only - Goddess 1 1 1 $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, this has been my experience as well.

As for the Teela staff. You might be able to find someone in the Market Place here that has an extra one that is willing to sell it to you for a cheap price. Hell, if I had an extra. I would just give it to you.
    They required that UPS pick up the original and that they recieved it before the replacement got shipped out. And thanks MarvelousOne, I appreciate the thought as far as the staff goes And I did post on the marketplace but no one has replied yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I bet you will get back your broken GG. I returned a Teela figure before and they just send her back to me.
    I actually wouldn't mind that too much at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    What does this mean, that some aspect of Mattel has ownership of Digital River?
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Piquing my interest here, bcr.
    I'm kinda curious too...
    Last edited by BergerKing; June 30, 2011 at 11:23pm. Reason: added more

Maybe they don't exactly know what happens with returned product?

I have a slightly similar story, but with Hasbro. My Asajj Ventress you could only get in the big Star Wars boxed set had two left arms (or two right arms, I forget which). Anyway, I called and asked about their policy, because no others were available in my area. She couldn't guarantee me they had more in stock...and I said if they couldn't replace her, I would want her back. She said they don't normally do that, but to write a note explaining that and they might send her back to me if they couldn't replace her.

Well...a few weeks later, I got a large parcel from Hasbro. It was another battle pack. Not the one with Asajj Ventress though. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get Asajj, but I was also quite excited a got a bunch of toys for one figure.

Who know what happens with returns. Maybe there is a strict, internal policy that all returns must be inspected and destroyed? I'm sure companies wouldn't share that info.

Who know what happens with returns. Maybe there is a strict, internal policy that all returns must be inspected and destroyed? I'm sure companies wouldn't share that info.
    I work at a retail store so it might be different, but, unless we can sell something at a discount as an open item our returns either go back to the warehouse where they are sent back to the vendor for credit -- and then most likely repaired and sold as refurbished if it was defective or repackaged and resold as new if nothing is wrong with them -- or occasionally they are "write-off" and we just toss them (Very few things qualify as write off though.)

Even then, our send back product is highly tracked, and if for some reason we needed something back from the warehouse before it went back to the manufacturer we would be able to find out which shipment it was on and relay that info to the warehouse. Someone there could then find the pallet it was on and seperate the item and ship it back to our store if necessary.