Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Exclusives Revealed - Marlena, Cringer, Polly Pocket POP!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I thought they only do "clip shows" of the week in review on Fridays? I doubt they show us the MOTU stuff on tomorrow's episode and I'm not suffering through it again as I already deleted G4 from my digital cable.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Really not liking what I'm seeing so far but I'll wait for more details and better images to come out.

The Polly Pocket exclusive has the MOTUC logo on it, not PoP... which is interesting. It also looks like the packaging is cut down the middle and pulls outwards to reveal the figures inside. Wonder what's on the back?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    From Toyguru on Ask Matty:

We filmed them but AOTS clearly did not air them.

The SDCC MOTUC item will be Queen Marlena. She will come with a sword, staff, Cringer (articulated at the head and tail) as well as an alternate head, space tunic with bubble helmet, riffle, gun belt and pistol to transform her from the Queen back into Captain Glen (or the other way around!)

She will be packed out as Queen Marlena at SDCC and as Captain Glenn on Mattycollector.com after the show. Both versions will have all the parts for both figures but each will have a bio unique to the pack out.

I'm sorry to hear AOTS did not show the footage we shot for this figure, but we'll have more details posted tomorrow (as well as images and a video changing the figure from Queen to Space explorer) posted tomorrow!
    We filmed segments for all of our exclusives. It was up to the producers of the show which ones they wanted to air. This is not something we had any control over.

We'll have more details on all of the SDCC items including new video on Mattycollector.com's news section tomorrow.
    There you have it fans...Marlena is from Earth in Classics (IN TOYGURU'S CANON™).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    From Toyguru on Ask Matty:
    I trust and believe Toyguru because I hate G4 and especially ATOS a lot. I feel great now that I deleted that channel from my digital cable. I'm gonna go troll them on Tweeter now... *******s!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Thanks for posting TG's response. That helps. Glad to hear Cringer can move his head and tail. Awesome. I'm going to buy the SDCC version though.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Scott also added this about Marlena on the forums:

She will come with a sword, staff, Cringer (articulated at the head and tail) as well as an alternate head, space tunic with bubble helmet, riffle, gun, belt, and pistol to transform her from the queen back into Captain Glen (or the other way around!)

She will be packed out as Queen Marlena at SDCC and as Captain Glenn on Matty Collector after the show. Both versions will have all the parts for both figures but each will have a bio unique to the pack out.

A big fan of Slush Head
    AOTS sucks! No MOTUC love how dare they!?

I can't wait to see the video tomorrow as well as the pics.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Court Magician
    Cringer will be in both versions. He is NOT a SDCC only item. He is articulated at the neck and tail.

The Queen Version will be the SDCC version and the Space Suit version will be the MattyC version. They will both have different bios on each version of the card corresponding to the version packaged.

Mattel does NOT have final edit rights to the clip. Having worked with AOTS I'll be Scott shot for about 30 min and they edited it down to two 3-4min segments (just like last year... remember?). There are several things they didn't show (no more MOTUC stuff).

And that's NOT Barbie as Hal Jordan. It's Barbie as Carol Ferris.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    So....do we now have Marlena's From Eternia members who want to defect to the Anti-Earth in MOTU Bruddahood?
    There you have it fans...Marlena is from Earth in Classics (IN TOYGURU'S CANON™).
    She could still be from Primus or the Tri-Solar Galaxy. You never know with those pesky MOTUC bios!

Also, that kind of blows that the Queen dress is the show exclusive pack-out! I was hoping it was the other way around. Either way, it doesn't matter I suppose.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Boo-urns. I just really dont care about Queen Marlena or the POP 3 pack. I am going to SDCC this year and I was really hoping the exclusive would have been a cooler character, imo.

Actually all of Mattel's SDCC exclusives this year are pretty meh, except the Staypuft Marshmallow Man. Ill deffinitely be getting it but not at SDCC, its way too big to bring back.

Why did Cringer get stiffed so hard on articulation, anyway? Orko had articulation. They couldn't have at least added a few joints to the legs? Not even the shoulders?

Hate to say it, but I'm more excited about the Voltron than the Marlena/Cringer

"Captain Glen" and not "Queen Marlena" in Mattycollector?
    There it goes again Mattel's love for international fans (MOC collectors in this case) regarding SDCC
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I know. Marlena is GREAT that we finally got her but it's not a "WOW" factor for me.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusMarx View Post
    Cringer will be in both versions. He is NOT a SDCC only item. He is articulated at the neck and tail.

The Queen Version will be the SDCC version and the Space Suit version will be the MattyC version. They will both have different bios on each version of the card corresponding to the version packaged.

Mattel does NOT have final edit rights to the clip. Having worked with AOTS I'll be Scott shot for about 30 min and they edited it down to two 3-4min segments (just like last year... remember?). There are several things they didn't show (no more MOTUC stuff).

And that's NOT Barbie as Hal Jordan. It's Barbie as Carol Ferris.
    Thanks for dropping in Julius!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

OK. Now I'm ticked: The Queen version is the SDCC exclusive? Why the #*$@ don't they do the astronaut version as the more limited edition as most MOC collectors probably want the queen version?

Hate to say it but very uninteresting reveals

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Why did Cringer get stiffed so hard on articulation, anyway? Orko had articulation. They couldn't have at least added a few joints to the legs? Not even the shoulders?
    This way, they only had to tool three pieces. To give him proper articulation (i.e., the same articulation as Battle Cat) would need... how many pieces? Marlena may well have more pieces than Adam to boot, nicking budget from that.

Again, Cringer should have been a figure by himself...

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    OK. Now I'm ticked: The Queen version is the SDCC exclusive? Why the #*$@ don't they do the astronaut version as the more limited edition as most MOC collectors probably want the queen version?
    Because they want to make the SDCC version "special". Packing them with the "main" version as the con-only release was inevitable the moment they decided not to change the actual pieces at all...

I wonder if Queen Marlena's package is going to big like Orkos, or if they will fit her into the normal size package. I HATE that Orko is bigger than all the other figures.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    I think you answered your own question there. They want the exclusive at the show to be exciting and something fans actually want. The fact they are giving us a version on Matty is really more of a "bonus." They don't want it to be the most attractive version, necessarily.

I'm just thankful we have a chance of getting the figure in any way besides being there.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm an opener so I'm looking forward to not having to get the SDCC version this year. I don't care which way she's actually in package. I feel bad for the people who like to keep things MOC, but I'm glad the content will be the same in both places. (my daughter told me to do the sad She-Ra emote).

Boo @ Mattel for still making us wait until tomorrow. I NEED to see a clear shot of the PP set NOW.

It's funny to me how so many folks are catching all these details left and right (i.e. movie rifle, etc.), when I can barely process what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Hopefully now we can never doubt our resident fortune teller again
    I always had faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Because they want to make the SDCC version "special". Packing them with the "main" version as the con-only release was inevitable the moment they decided not to change the actual pieces at all...
    That is just wrong. Color change Orko made sense. I love that they would rather sell a smaller number of the Queen figures while people are (seemingly at this point) less impressed with the captain. To anyone going to SDCC please help a brother out. I do NOT plan on buying the astronaut.

So does that mean we're getting both versions of QM on mattycollector just different packiging from SDCC or is it one version on SDCC and a different one on matty?