View Poll Results: Where Do You Think Kobra Khan's True Allegiance Lies?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • He Will Always Be One Of Skeletor's Evil Warriors!!!

21 13.55%
  • He Is A Proud Member Of The Snake Men!!!

31 20.00%
  • He Is On Skeletor's Team But Is Reporting To King Hiss!!!

25 16.13%
  • He Works With The Snake Men But Is Reporting To Skeletor!!!

15 9.68%
  • He Isn't Faithful To Anyone But Himself!!!

54 34.84%
  • He's Waiting To See Who Has The Best Chance Of Defeating The Heroic Warriors!!!

7 4.52%
  • He Wants To Know Why Everyone Can't Just Get Along!!!

1 0.65%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

1 0.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Think Kobra Khan's True Allegiance Lies?

Kobra Khan is a SNAKE MAN, plain and simple. Didn't any of you see MYP? He only faked joining Skeletor, just so he could free his ilk.

Blood is thicker than water, afterall.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Didn't any of you see MYP?
    Well to be fair, given the ratings of MYP, I don't think too many people saw it. So you really can't fault us for that.

Kobra Khan is a SNAKE MAN, plain and simple. Blood is thicker than water, afterall.
    So, being a Snakeman robs him of his free will? He can't make decisions on his own? I guess that MOTUC Snakeman Royal Guard is really working for the Snakemen then?

He only faked joining Skeletor, just so he could free his ilk.
    But that was only in the MYP canon, which as I stated before, is the lesser viewed of the Snakeman origins. The Filmation canon, the more widely viewed media, has Kobra Khan as an Evil Warrior. So it depends on which media you choose to accept. I like the Filmation version because I like to think of Skeletor's Evil Warriors as a collection of the worst villains Eternia and beyond has to offer. So it would attract a multitude of different creatures and species from all regions just as long as they have a yearning for destruction.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    But that was only in the MYP canon, which as I stated before, is the lesser viewed of the Snakeman origins. The Filmation canon, the more widely viewed media, has Kobra Khan as an Evil Warrior. So it depends on which media you choose to accept. I like the Filmation version because I like to think of Skeletor's Evil Warriors as a collection of the worst villains Eternia and beyond has to offer. So it would attract a multitude of different creatures and species from all regions just as long as they have a yearning for destruction.
    King Hssss didsn't exist in Filmation so there's no reason for Kobra Khan, Tongue Lashor or Rattlor to return to the Snake Men from the groups that they've joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    While the Snake Men are awesome...Evil Warriors > Snake Men.
    Not in MYP. The Snake Men PWNED the Evil Warriors (admittedly it WAS when the Evil Warriors weren't ready and returned from beating the Masters).

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    King Hssss didsn't exist in Filmation so there's no reason for Kobra Khan, Tongue Lashor or Rattlor to return to the Snake Men from the groups that they've joined.
    Likewise, there is no real reason for them to re-join The Snakeman group other than they are Snakemen.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Likewise, there is no real reason for them to re-join The Snakeman group other than they are Snakemen.
    How about better advancement with less competition? Kobra Khan still has to get better rewards than Evil-Lyn, Mer-Man, Clawful or Beast Man, while Rattlor and Tung Lashor have to surpass Catra and Shadow Weaver.

Besides, the glaring point that everyone seems to be forgetting: is Khan really stupid enough to believe Skeletor is going to reward him when he conquers Eternia, when bone face has lied to countless others?

If we are counting MYP, better to be a well treated general in an army with a king than a mistreated thug in a gang.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

How about better advancement with less competition? Kobra Khan still has to get better rewards than Evil-Lyn, Mer-Man, Clawful or Beast Man, while Rattlor and Tung Lashor have to surpass Catra and Shadow Weaver.
    Yeah, the Snakemen have that awesome 401K plan along with health and dental insurance.

Besides, the glaring point that everyone seems to be forgetting: is Khan really stupid enough to believe Skeletor is going to reward him when he conquers Eternia, when bone face has lied to countless others?
    Well, let me check his charts and run him through my barrage of mental examinations I have personally come up with to measure the intent and intelligence of fictional animated characters and I'll get back to you with the answers.

If we are counting MYP, better to be a well treated general in an army with a king than a mistreated thug in a gang.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, O Master of 200X, but wasn't Kobra Khan treated like crap by the General and other Snakemen for merely being a descendant of Snakemen and not being "pure" in their eyes? He was trying to gain their favor by releasing them from their imprisonment but they still kicked him around and treated him poorly. How is that any better than Skeletor's treatment?
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 20, 2011 at 11:36am.

Correct me if I'm wrong, O Master of 200X, but wasn't Kobra Khan treated like crap by the General and other Snakemen for merely being a descedent of Snakemen and not being "pure" in their eyes? He was trying to gain their favor by releasing them from their imprisonment but they still kicked him around and treated him poorly. How is that any better than Skeletor's treatment?
    How King Hssss himself views Kobra Khan trumps how the General or the other major Snake Men treat him. And I've never seen Hssss punish any of the Snake Men for losing. Not like we see with Skeletor, who abuses his Evil Warrior on the slightest whim.

Khan even leads living troops with the Snake Men, giving Khan some general-like prominence. Khan might not be feasting on defeated warriors like the other Snake Men, but he is far better treated by King Hssss than with Skeletor.

The Blonde Teela Thread

How King Hssss himself views Kobra Khan trumps how the General or the other major Snake Men treat him. And I've never seen Hssss punish any of the Snake Men for losing. Not like we see with Skeletor, who abuses his Evil Warrior on the slightest whim.
    So as long as the head guy likes Kobra Khan and the subordinates and peers hate his guts while tormenting him, you're okay with that. Cool. But we'll see how long King Hsss' favor towards Kobra Khan lasts while both are imprisoned.

Khan even leads living troops with the Snake Men, giving Khan some general-like prominence. Khan might not be feasting on defeated warriors like the other Snake Men, but he is far better treated by King Hssss than with Skeletor.
    General-like but nothing official. A person that doesn't have the respect of his soldiers or equals cannot command effectively and will thus not stay in the favor of his superior because of his failures due to lack of troop support.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 19, 2011 at 03:58pm.

So as long as the head guy likes Kobra Khan and the subordinates and peers hate his guts while tormenting him, you're okay with that. Cool. But we'll see how long King Hsss' favor towards Kobra Khan lasts while both are imprisoned.
    As long as the King finds favor in Khan, then what the other Snake Men generals think is inconsequential. It's better than being gullible enough to think that Skeletor is going to keep his word.

General-like but nothing official. A person that doesn't have the respect of his soldiers or equals cannot command effectively and will thus not stay in the favor of his superior because of his failures.
    The generic Snake Men seemed the follow Khan's orders just fine in Rise of the Snake Men part 2.

The Blonde Teela Thread

As long as the King finds favor in Khan, then what the other Snake Men generals think is inconsequential.
    Not until he gets fragged. Then MYP Kobra Khan won't find it so inconsequential.

The generic Snake Men seemed the follow Khan's orders just fine in Rise of the Snake Men part 2.
    See above...

I've never really liked pork chops.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Nice Era War guys!

Obviously I have to side with Mr. Benedict here who has this Era War all wrapped up and under control I see.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Nice Era War guys!

Obviously I have to side with Mr. Benedict here who has this Era War all wrapped up and under control I see.
    Nothing is ever "wrapped up" when the old plots of the vintage line butts heads with the new storylines of the 200X/MYP era.

You have fans who grew up with Kobra Khan being an Evil Warrior versus the fans who think that it's more logical for him to side with King Hssss.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I used to really like cherry pie but now I think I like apple more.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Nothing is ever "wrapped up" when the old plots of the vintage line butts heads with the new storylines of the 200X/MYP era.

You have fans who grew up with Kobra Khan being an Evil Warrior versus the fans who think that it's more logical for him to side with King Hssss.
    Kobra Khan had a cooler story in the 200X series. It worked for his Character better.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    OLD > NEW.

that is all.

Logical? Or personal speculation? Don't confuse the two...

a Muppet of a man...
    I like the idea that he's working for Skeletor, but I think that's just because I don't like the Snakemen as a faction, but have fond nostalgia for my Kobra Khan figure I had as a kid.
    Last edited by Scotward; May 19, 2011 at 05:02pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar

The Hyper Animers aren't giving up without a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I used to really like cherry pie but now I think I like apple more.
    Look at the effects this thread has had on poor, Mr. Shokoti's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TongLasher38 View Post
    Kobra Khan had a cooler story in the 200X series. It worked for his Character better.
    OMG, you're ONE OF THEM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    OLD > NEW.

that is all.
    Chalk that up as another "Duh Winning!"

Score one more for the bad guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I like the idea that he's working for Skeletor, but I think that's just because I don't like the Snakemen as a faction, but have fond nostalgia for my Kobra Khan figure I had as a kid.
    Looks like someone is Blinded by Nostalgia™!

I like the vintage Snake Men figures and 80s commercial for them, but I feel they were seriously overplayed in the MYP series and 200x era. Snake variants, snake packaging? Definitely Snake O.D.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Look at the effects this thread has had on poor, Mr. Shokoti's mind.
    Mom always says not to play ball in the house!

JOIN THE GROUP...

I gave you facts from episodes as well as what we know of the characters in their incarnations. No personal speculation here.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 19, 2011 at 05:27pm.

The Blonde Teela Thread

You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and there you have...

THE FACTS OF LIFE!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

OMG, you're ONE OF THEM!!!
    I think both stories are good. Just think after he released the Snake Men he was more of a buffoon.

This is Khan under Skeletor:

This is Khan under Hssss:

The Blonde Teela Thread

This is your brain on drugs.

JOIN THE GROUP...