Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official Netossa Thread

Black is Beautiful!

It's finally time for this sista to get a thread of her very own.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 1, 2011 at 04:21pm.

I hope we get her in figure form soon.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'm surprised there wasn't a Netossa thread already. She's easily my most wanted of the Great Rebellion!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Definitely in my top 5! She can't come soon enough. I love the blues and whites mixed with her dark skin.

And hopefully Spinnerella isnt too far behind after her...it would be weird to have one without the other.

She is my favorite POP character and the only one besides Bow that I own in 80's form.

I really hope MOTUC does her and does her great justice, there is a great lack of black characters and the cartoon did not really do her or Spinnerella justice as far as their roles in the Rebellion.

You should add some of the animated images from Lady Angora's site

http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...sa/netossa.asp
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Honestly she's near the bottom of the PoP barrel for me. I don't understand why everyone likes her so much? How many PoP episodes has she appeared in and what does she bring to the table? I think I need to rewatch my dvds again.

I'm not even racist either because I REALLLLY want a Clamp Champ as well as Mr. racial stereotype himself, Jitsu. Oh...AND definitely Ninjor too.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! Netossa thread. She's gorgeous and I own like 5-6 of her. I really hope they go for her toy look! It's more elegant.

On the plus side, not matter WHAT they decide to bass her off of, we should be getting Toy Peekablue's chest and boots (as Netossa's toy and Filmation look shares those parts).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    She is my favorite POP character and the only one besides Bow that I own in 80's form.

I really hope MOTUC does her and does her great justice, there is a great lack of black characters and the cartoon did not really do her or Spinnerella justice as far as their roles in the Rebellion.

You should add some of the animated images from Lady Angora's site

http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...sa/netossa.asp
    I thought you had a complete collection, or is that your wife...or am I confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Honestly she's near the bottom of the PoP barrel for me. I don't understand why everyone likes her so much? How many PoP episodes has she appeared in and what does she bring to the table? I think I need to rewatch my dvds again.

I'm not even racist either because I REALLLLY want a Clamp Champ as well as Mr. racial stereotype himself, Jitsu. Oh...AND definitely Ninjor too.
    She was in 4 episodes, she's the only racially diverse PoP character Mattel has the rights to, she captures people with her net...she and Spinnerella may have an intimate relationship, her classic toy is hard to find and she just looks plain awesome! She has a lot going on for her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Honestly she's near the bottom of the PoP barrel for me. I don't understand why everyone likes her so much?
    'Cause she's a sista! Well...I might be naturally prejudiced.

How many PoP episodes has she appeared in and what does she bring to the table? I think I need to rewatch my dvds again.
    That's a little unfair...some characters show up late in the run and barely appear.

Netossa is one of the last figures produced in the vintage line, and she is one of the best of the set.

I'll be curious to see how they work out the net thing. Seriously, they reeeeeally don't want to utilize textiles in MOTUC. I had hoped for a QM that could sit, but I'll live. How hard can the net material be to produce? Vintage Castle Grayskull had it...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

OMG, Style Guide all the way on this one. LESS IS MORE! I prefer the smaller "wings" vs. the over exagerated ones on her head.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I hope her bio insinuate her intimate relationship with Spinnerella

I havent been a big Netossa fan when i was a kid, i remember seeing her at the store but didnt wanted her, dont know why....

Than i did a drawing of her and she really grew on me but i also have to say less is more with her, if you ask me.

All this material she came with is so unnecessary and im really looking forward to her in MOTUC style and how the FOUR HORSEMEN tackle her!

I'm Sorry! I HATE the colors! I LOATHE the design. She looks like she should be a Majorette in a marching band. I hate the blue hair, and the colors are too close to Frosta! I think making her hair black would tone everything down.

EDIT:
    This is better IMO:
    Last edited by danielsan52; May 1, 2011 at 05:49pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Definitely one of my fave PoP toys growing up. Loved the contrast of the blue and white/silver with her skin tone, as was said earlier in the thread.

Loved the net, but fear for how it will turn out in MOTUC.

Don't remember the silver chain in the front...perhaps mine got yanked off early on..

How they are going to pull off her design with no cloth accessories is beyond me, but I am crossing my fingers real tight that they release her sooner than later! I just hope they get the paint and the outfit and everything else right... she's pretty intricate and eye-catching, and I'd hate to see a watered-down style guide/Filmation version make the cut, instead of a real update of her classic toy design.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I thought you had a complete collection, or is that your wife...or am I confused?
    That would be my wife

She was in 4 episodes, she's the only racially diverse PoP character Mattel has the rights to, she captures people with her net...she and Spinnerella may have an intimate relationship, her classic toy is hard to find and she just looks plain awesome! She has a lot going on for her.
    Despite how awesome it is I highly doubt her relationship with Spinnerella would be hinted to even though its a collectors adult line lol

And for the people coming down on her, her net is pretty awesome. I tend to treat her like a female bounty hunter.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    she's pretty intricate and eye-catching, and I'd hate to see a watered-down style guide/Filmation version make the cut, instead of a real update of her classic toy design.
    Right on! High-five!

That would be my wife
    Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if married people had one giant collection or if they both collect still. I was curious about this!

Despite how awesome it is I highly doubt her relationship with Spinnerella would be hinted to even though its a collectors adult line lol
    They might! I think Netossa and Spinnerella are like Gabrielle and Xena! Netossa would definitely be Xena.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

First off, I'm not too big on POP.

Secondly, I'm not very familiar with the B-list characters an immediately thought that Netossa was about the dumbest name I ever read.

Finally...yeah, I totally want one. I think she'd turn out really nice.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't wait for Netossa - she looks like a unique/eye-catching character.

BTW - How do you pronounce the name?

is it Nett-O-Sa

OR

Net-Tossa

I wish she had her headdress on in Filmation. I hated the way they drew her hair on She-Ra. Fortunately, we have the style guide version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I'm surprised there wasn't a Netossa thread already. She's easily my most wanted of the Great Rebellion!
    mine too. this is the PoP figure I want the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yay! Netossa thread. She's gorgeous and I own like 5-6 of her. I really hope they go for her toy look! It's more elegant.
    I've tried to buy Netossa on ebay a few times, when there wasn't much interest in MOTU she still went for a pretty high price. too high for my wallet at the time. I'm a bit jealous of you!
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 1, 2011 at 06:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've tried to buy Netossa on ebay a few times, when there wasn't much interest in MOTU she still went for a pretty high price. too high for my wallet at the time. I'm a bit jealous of you!
    We own 3 (1 MOC and 2 loose/complete) but we got lucky, there was a brief time around 2002-2004 where she was going for an average price on eBay.

T
    And for the people coming down on her, her net is pretty awesome. I tend to treat her like a female bounty hunter.
    I had her as some sort of contemporary to clamp champ. not because they are both black, but they both are masters of capture. I like Webstor as Clamp Champs main nemesis too.

We own 3 (1 MOC and 2 loose/complete) but we got lucky, there was a brief time around 2002-2004 where she was going for an average price on eBay.
    between you and darkspecter I never had a chance! I never paid more than $40 for a MOC vintage figure. I still can't justify doing it.
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 1, 2011 at 06:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

between you and darkspecter I never had a chance!
    I have 1 complete and 1 almost complete. The rest (there could actually be MORE than 6!) came in other lots I needed figures, steeds, or parts from. I just kind of lucked out! Kind of like with my 3 Spinnerellas.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Black is Beautiful!

It's finally time for this sista to get a thread of her very own.
    "The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice..." Okay, now that I got that bit of Maury Povich guest comeback out of my system... I can't wait for this gal.

Maybe go for the cheaper Onyx from Galoob's Golden Girl line. Actually, now that I think about it, I've got an extra of her.