Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Resampled952012-10-129515-36-4795867.jpg Is this legit?

Edit: I mean, before I implode in indignation... I want to know if it's valid. This is the worst MOTUC card yet. She pretends not to notice people? Really? Come on. Also-- if this is legit, Ram-Man better have something about flower arranging on his profile if Netossa has to endure "Fashion" as an inclusion on hers (It has no relation to her skills, unlike say-- Man-E's acting ability, which enhance his. Fashion might be a sideline for her, even if it doesn't seem to go with her character at all, but that doesn't warrant inclusion on her back card. Putting it on there smacks of "because she's a girl, huh huh" and that doesn't fly well with me. It wasn't part of her original profiles -POP or Filmation-.). Netossa was never about fashion, she was not vain... and they put that on there instead of a reference to her relationship with Spinny. Even if they weren't going to MAKE Spinnerella, she's an important part of Netossa's life. More important than a mention of her accent. Her original POP backcard made more sense and was less insulting.
    Last edited by Machinitess; December 4, 2012 at 07:06pm. Reason: 'splaining
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

I want to know why a Filmation screen cap was used for her picture, and not card back art like the other POP characters.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    Resampled952012-10-129515-36-4795867.jpg Is this legit?

Edit: I mean, before I implode in indignation... I want to know if it's valid. This is the worst MOTUC card yet. She pretends not to notice people? Really? Come on. Also-- if this is legit, Ram-Man better have something about flower arranging on his profile if Netossa has to endure "Fashion" as an inclusion on hers (It has no relation to her skills, unlike say-- Man-E's acting ability, which enhance his. Fashion might be a sideline for her, even if it doesn't seem to go with her character at all, but that doesn't warrant inclusion on her back card. Putting it on there smacks of "because she's a girl, huh huh" and that doesn't fly well with me. It wasn't part of her original profiles -POP or Filmation-.). Netossa was never about fashion, she was not vain... and they put that on there instead of a reference to her relationship with Spinny. Even if they weren't going to MAKE Spinnerella, she's an important part of Netossa's life. More important than a mention of her accent. Her original POP backcard made more sense and was less insulting.
    The only thing i can say is:

YES! YOU ARE RIGHT!

I think Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich should ask others who are really into MOTU like the Roast Gooble crew what they think before he sends the bios into print. Sometimes another opinion is a good thing and those guys seem to know what the loyal fans expect from MOTU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I want to know why a Filmation screen cap was used for her picture, and not card back art like the other POP characters.
    My guess is, on the card back art she is shown with her "ICONIC" headgear, which she didnīt get for MOTUC so they had to choose a FILMATION picture to represent her as she is in MOTUC. Even her uncolored style guide picture shows her with her head gear.

Last edited by Niki; December 5, 2012 at 03:52pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My guess is, on the card back art she is shown with her "ICONIC" headgear, which she didnīt get for MOTUC so they had to choose a FILMATION picture to represent her as she is in MOTUC. Even her uncolored style guide picture shows her with her head gear.

http://www.bigislandtoys.com/images5/38149.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oe/netossa.jpg
    I was going to say the same thing. Mattel heard fans loud and clear about being upset she didn't have her mask, and being accused of being super cheap and cutting accessories when we were promised at least 2 accessories per figure...and that nothing would be cut after price increases...but it's still happening.

They wanted to try and ignore "mask-gate."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    She is STUNNING!!netty.jpg
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Awesome pic of all the Great Rebellion thus far!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Wow!!!

She looks beautiful - she's become one of my most-wanted characters after having seen the prototype, so I'm thrilled the final product looks this good. And she seems to be wearing white, as opposed to Frosta's awful grey, which ruins her, IMO.

Bring on January!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Netossa looks really good - she's one of my favorites out of all the POP gals so far - but I still wish Mattel/The 4H would have opted for something closer to the vintage figure to give her more of a dynamic look. And I agree that her test shot looks sweet.

i guess her carback pic had her in her faceplate, but they used Catra's which had her with long flowing hair, and her figure came with a ponytail an dno option for long flowing hair and we didn't riot over it. EVERYONE (except maybe Scott) knows Netossa needs her headdress. I have faith we'll probably get one in a Weapons Pack.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Really not feeling this figure...
    Might resell the one from my sub... I'll decide when I have it in hand...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Really not feeling this figure...
    Might resell the one from my sub... I'll decide when I have it in hand...
    This for me as well, I'm not sure how I will like her personally, but reviews should make or break her for me.

Most of the first half figures will end up going bye bye sadly....I really hope the last half is worth my subbing, Ram Man is worth it, but I'd hate to think him and like 3 other figures will be all I am keeping....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Still pretty baffled as to why they opted to make Netossa in the first place, at this time in the line when so, so many key She-Ra characters have yet to be made.

And that bio seems to leave out any mention of the larger narrative they've been creating with these bios, making Netossa seem rather superfluous to the "story" even in their eyes. I don't follow said story, but leaving her out of it to include that she's into fashion and pretends not to see people?

I don't think she'll sell well, which is a shame. The figure has the best facial sculpt of any of the women in this line, but I doubt that will help.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; December 6, 2012 at 02:32pm.

I'm excited & bummed at the same time.

Excited-

More POP/GR
    Great sculpt
    Means Glimmer is 1 figure closer

Bummed-

Accessories, or lack there of
    Least favorite POP girl by a mile
    Cape as an accessory logic/comment still peeves me off. Look for Tung Lashor's tounge as an accessory in 2014

Still looking forward to her, still buying her just I could be more excited.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Still pretty baffled as to why they opted to make Netossa in the first place, at this time in the line when so, so many key She-Ra characters have yet to be made.

And that bio seems to leave out any mention of the larger narrative they've been creating with these bios, making Netossa seem rather superfluous to the "story" even in their eyes. I don't follow said story, but leaving her out of it to include that she's into fashion and pretends not to see people?

I don't think she'll sell well, which is a shame. The figure has the best facial sculpt of any of the women in this line, but I doubt that will help.
    Well according to Scott she won't need to sell well as he's made it very clear that cherry picking is a thing of the past and that most 2013 items will have little to no day of sale stock.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I'm excited about Netossa, maybe even more than Rammy (sorry can't get over his face). It's so weird to me that we have more presentation of the final waves of Pop than the original wave(s) and nothing from wave 2.

Nettossa looks great. As one of my most-wanted characters, it's nice to be getting her. Of course, she was one of my most-wanted characters based on her look as an action figure. Which this doesn't really match. So it's sort of bitter sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Netossa? Really?

I understand this practice when it came to MOTU. They didn't want to release all of the "big guns" right away. With POP it's a completely different story. Considering how often we get a POP figure in this line, we should be getting nothing but the POP essentials. Instead, Mattel is releasing these Z-List characters. Netossa? The Star Sisters? No offense to anyone who lies them. But where's Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Netossa? Really?

I understand this practice when it came to MOTU. They didn't want to release all of the "big guns" right away. With POP it's a completely different story. Considering how often we get a POP figure in this line, we should be getting nothing but the POP essentials. Instead, Mattel is releasing these Z-List characters. Netossa? The Star Sisters? No offense to anyone who lies them. But where's Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella...?
    Castaspella please....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    But where's Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella...?
    Mermista, Sea Hawk, Double Trouble, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Flutterina, Pefruma, Scorpia and Entrapta?

I'm looking forward to getting Netossa. I'm also looking forward to seeing a newly sculpted helmet and some repainted weapons (white Green Goddess spear and blue BP She-Ra sword) for Netossa in a future Weapons Pack. And it would have been nice if the powder blue parts had been silver like the original action figure. It would have helped to differentiate Netossa from Frosta and increased her "gladiatrix" style.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just wanted to say that I think Netossa looks absolutely stunning. She's one of the few recently released ladies that look just as good as the prototype. I really hope I have some extra cash to buy multiples of her. She is the only African American (Etherian...) that we will get in MOTUC. She would make a great base for custom figures of someone like, say, Queen Balina from Eternia.

Her whites are bright, Bubble Power She-Ra white and NOT Frosta gray, which is a major plus. I do hope to see her mask and sword made in MOTUC, but I think she's a grade A figure. The mask and sword would have made her an A+

She makes me VERY excited for future PoP ladies, because I think they made one stunning looking figure.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Cant wait to get her so I can complete my trade and finally get my shadow beast! Best thing that came from her release!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I just wanted to say that I think Netossa looks absolutely stunning. She's one of the few recently released ladies that look just as good as the prototype. I really hope I have some extra cash to buy multiples of her. She is the only African American (Etherian...) that we will get in MOTUC. She would make a great base for custom figures of someone like, say, Queen Balina from Eternia.

Her whites are bright, Bubble Power She-Ra white and NOT Frosta gray, which is a major plus. I do hope to see her mask and sword made in MOTUC, but I think she's a grade A figure. The mask and sword would have made her an A+

She makes me VERY excited for future PoP ladies, because I think they made one stunning looking figure.
    I think she looks great and am excited to get her- my two biggest gripes are that I still would have liked to have seen more silver implemented on her garments somehow, which will never happen as I'm not a customizer, and that she should come with weapons befitting a warrior (which I imagine WILL happen via a future Weapons Pak). So, now when I look at her- sculpt-wise she is great. The paint apps are a missed opportunity to make her something REALLY striking and appealing. And the weaponry/headgear/etc are just something I will have to wait a little while longer for.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Mermista, Sea Hawk, Double Trouble, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Flutterina, Pefruma, Scorpia and Entrapta?
    I'd take any of them before Netossa.

Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Glimmer, Kowl, and Sweet Bee are in my top 10 most wanted. Frankly, now that we've gotten Mek-A-Neck, Ram Man, Jitsu, Fisto, and Kobra Khan; almost my entire top 10 is POP.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I'd take any of them before Netossa.

Sea Hawk, Scorpia, Glimmer, Kowl, and Sweet Bee are in my top 10 most wanted. Frankly, now that we've gotten Mek-A-Neck, Ram Man, Jitsu, Fisto, and Kobra Khan; almost my entire top 10 is POP.
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you... I hope they get to at least some of the ones you listed.

Heroic Warrior
    Do you guys think, I can sell her on secondary market without loosing money?