Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's not that the figures were "girly;" it's that they were gaudy, cheap and cheesy with the choice of soft goods and other non-plastic parts. And those pieces would look even worse if done in plastic. On that count, I think they've done a good balancing act, although adding a few extra details like BP She-Ra got on her wristbands and boots is something I wouldn't mind seeing a bot more of just to jazz the characters up a bit.

But I have to agree that shortchanging Netossa as far as accessories go was a bad move, especially given that slea were already down last year and TG and the great papier mache head had made such a big deal out of the price increase being necessary to prevent the shaving of accessories and such. To have one of the first figures shown suffering from the same old accessory depletion (and one of the worst cases in a while, to boot) basically told everyone considering a sub that this year would be business as usual, belying the earlier claims about the advantages of the price hike. Yet another in the long line of bad choices with this line...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Am I the only one who still has an intact Leech net? Granted, I didn't stretch/pose the crap out of it or anything, but it's still in one piece with no tears or rips.

Never had any problems with my Leech net.

Mine's fine!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I asked a question about this in the "what the fans want to know" thread.
    It was not long after owning my Leech figure that the horde net accessories started to break apart. I never really used or played with it.
    I kept it with my other extra accessories. I pulled it out one day & I noticed it was starting to brake in a few places. Today more of the net broke apart.
    One of the reasons I don't play around with it is so that it wont fall apart even more to were it is unrepairable.

So, I hope Mattle recognizes what could happen to the net like cape & insures that the cape will not brake apart as easy as the Horde net did.

I welcome others to share if they had similar problems wither their net accessory falling apart or not.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Am I the only one who still has an intact Leech net? Granted, I didn't stretch/pose the crap out of it or anything, but it's still in one piece with no tears or rips.
    I never played around with mine at all - just set it on the shelf next to him. Weeks later, it was in about five pieces. I do live in an extremely arid climate, so that could pe part of it, but it's still something that shouldn't happen with a toyline like this.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's not that the figures were "girly;" it's that they were gaudy, cheap and cheesy with the choice of soft goods and other non-plastic parts. And those pieces would look even worse if done in plastic.
    Oh no you didn't... LOL.
    I really think sculpted plastic/rubber/whatever outfits would look really cool for characters like Angella, Glimmer, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Spinnerella, heck... all of the PoP gals. If you look at the 2002 Evil-Lyn figure, it's an example of what the Horsemen can do to make a figure that looks feminine and powerful at the same time. I know that for whatever reason they usually go with harder plastics with MOTUC (the capes, loincloths, etc... it's what I really liked about the 2002 series of toys- the outfits of Adam, Teela, Evil-Lyn, the loincloth on MAA, Mekaneck, etc. were made of that softer plastic that still holds up ten years later). I want to see that 2002 level of creativity come back into play when they get around to some of my favorite PoP gals. Going 100% Filmation is going to result in less visually interesting action figures, IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Personally I'm glad they didn't do cloth anyway as one figure with a cloth cape would stand out like a sore thumb in this line anyway.
    For me, it wouldn't stand out any more than Grizzlor's fur or Moss Man's flocking or vac-metal on H Hordak. Your mileage may vary.

Widget
    My Leech net suffered the same miserable fate. It was never played with or posed,just found the upper left suction cup separated from the rest of the net in my accesory tub one day. It was almost as if it just disenetegrated, nothing else coukd really explain it. I do hope the same fate doesn't befall Netossa's cape. I agree she is severely lacking and a terrible illustration of the pessimistic views about the same old same old carrying on in the line. I hope some of the wonderfully gifted customizes out there figure out a way to produce additional accessories for her. The original toy really was one of the best in the line I think, she at the very least needs a helmet and spear. I agree with others about the Godsses spear recode would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    For me, it wouldn't stand out any more than Grizzlor's fur or Moss Man's flocking or vac-metal on H Hordak. Your mileage may vary.
    A Bald Grizzlor would stick out even worse

Quote Originally Posted by MistaJ View Post
    I agree she is severely lacking and a terrible illustration of the pessimistic views about the same old same old carrying on in the line. I hope some of the wonderfully gifted customizes out there figure out a way to produce additional accessories for her. The original toy really was one of the best in the line I think, she at the very least needs a helmet and spear. I agree with others about the Godsses spear recode would work fine.

Matty (starting with the Star Sisters) has made me a part-time customizer. Now when I see a figure that I feel is lacking, I start planning ahead of time on how to improve it.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Has anyone asked TG regarding his about face on how price increases were meant to prevent losing the extra accessories? What was his answer on Netossa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...a/DSC01861.jpg

Matty (starting with the Star Sisters) has made me a part-time customizer. Now when I see a figure that I feel is lacking, I start planning ahead of time on how to improve it.
    Planning for Shokoti, I see?

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I have two out of package that are used in my display and are in fine condition.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I honestly never even took the net out of the package.

aw poor Lady Death and Tiffany

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

That is cool.
    Unfortunately I would not want to customize on this figure I want the 4H work on this figure.
    otherwise if its an easy fix I'm right there with you.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

wow ! lots of talk about netossa in the last RGD
    I think she's very pretty, not an fundamental character for me, but its cool

As I mentioned in another 3d I really hope to see catra toy deco (shower power or whatever...) but I'm perfectly conscious there are more important and unique pop females to be introduced in the line before any variants;
    I'm not particularly interested in others (most discussed) variants , please do only catra and I'll be just fine
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Snappy Threader
    She is growing on me, I'm still not enamored with the character, but the more I look at her, the more I like her.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Oh no you didn't... LOL.
    I really think sculpted plastic/rubber/whatever outfits would look really cool for characters like Angella, Glimmer, Double Trouble, Entrapta, Spinnerella, heck... all of the PoP gals. If you look at the 2002 Evil-Lyn figure, it's an example of what the Horsemen can do to make a figure that looks feminine and powerful at the same time. I know that for whatever reason they usually go with harder plastics with MOTUC (the capes, loincloths, etc... it's what I really liked about the 2002 series of toys- the outfits of Adam, Teela, Evil-Lyn, the loincloth on MAA, Mekaneck, etc. were made of that softer plastic that still holds up ten years later). I want to see that 2002 level of creativity come back into play when they get around to some of my favorite PoP gals. Going 100% Filmation is going to result in less visually interesting action figures, IMO.
    I have no problem with making the figures look feminine, and 2002 Lynn is a perfect example. But there's a difference betwixt a feminine design and parts that make the figures look like they just raided Elton John's closet. As I said, adding some oomph like they did with Bow is great; I think he's basically the standard to look to for POP in MOTUC. I just don't want to see the rebellion looking like a gathering of Lady Gaga impersonators.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I just don't want to see the rebellion looking like a gathering of Lady Gaga impersonators.
    But that's just what Whiplash looks like...

oh.... that wasn't nice of me.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    aw poor Lady Death and Tiffany
    Tiffany has plenty of weapons. And I never liked the headdress on Lady Death; she never wore anything like that in the comics, so I never understood why the gave her one. Also, I have more than one (the variant was very cool, at least to me), so it was a worthy sacrifice.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior
    I have no problem with making the figures look feminine, and 2002 Lynn is a perfect example. But there's a difference betwixt a feminine design and parts that make the figures look like they just raided Elton John's closet. As I said, adding some oomph like they did with Bow is great; I think he's basically the standard to look to for POP in MOTUC. I just don't want to see the rebellion looking like a gathering of Lady Gaga impersonators.
    That's why I think people overwhelmingly seem to prefer Filmation-based designs, with nods to the vintage toys for a little accent or accessory here or there.

The old PoP toys simply are rather unattractive to me - and it seems I'm not alone. They all look alike to me (squat with smooshed faces), and the cheap soft-goods just seem like a way to dress up a pig, LOL. I love the 80's - gaudy and tacky can be fun - but in their case, even in promo pics in toy catalogs and such (looking "pristine") they just look cheap and a lot of mis-directed effort. I have a feeling they expected the "Fantastic Fashions" to become much more popular than they were, and that they really would become like mini-Barbies. They didn't even use quality fabrics/materials - it's all a combination of cheap junk with stickers and laminated paper-feeling materials.

I really hope we get the characters finally some justice in figure form, in my eyes - most of these characters have never really been made properly, ever. MOTUC may be the only chance.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I really hope we get the characters finally some justice in figure form, in my eyes - most of these characters have never really been made properly, ever. MOTUC may be the only chance.
    I feel the same way about the majority of NA characters and the POP characters too.
    In the end, Mattel decides the redesigns. Their rule should just be to make the BEST design possible, and not get tripped up in what the look was derived from.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Really starting to come around concerning Netossa. I wish she came with a blue star sword (BP She-Ra) but I wonder how she will look posed holding that net and ready for battle? I like the look of the cape, but if she looks good holding that net then all the better. Do you guys think it will be to small?
    (btw my Leech net is still perfect.)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.